Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

So does this confirm that development of PSO2 hasn't really taken off? Or are these job positions more targeted toward building a development team that would be in charge of creating and managing the server content after the game launches while the original developers can have more time for other projects?
    Last edited by zandra117; Nov 5, 2010 at 04:46 PM.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Since they are looking for someone to work on the client I think they are still VERY early in development...

I honestly was hoping they were already working on this for some time but this doesn't seem to be the case here. Now I kind of fear that PSO2 will end up a rush job and unpolished just the way PSU was.

I would move to Japan and learn Japanese... If I was the least bit qualified....

Like Dhylec (sort of) said, the Planner and Client Programmer jobs needing PS3/Xbox360 experience is obviously a hint at cross-platform release. At least I can rest easy on that subject now.

That doesn't necessarily hint at any cross platform release. I'm not saying it won't happen though, as it's likely going to.

It could just mean they want someone who has been steadily busy in the industry, and/or someone who has worked on current-gen games.
    Last edited by Lyric; Nov 6, 2010 at 03:11 PM.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 | Ship 2
    The Ginyu Force
    Lyric

Sounds good....... they may be hinting at possibly a ps3/360 release since they are looking for people who have experience in those areas.

I am a Olga Flow to know what you are take the quiz here.

This is my pet rabbit. His name is Kireek
    (\(\
    (-.-)
    o.(")(")

I guess this explains why the trailor had no gameplay footage.

"Announcing PSO2! ...now let's find someone to start making it."

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
    I guess this explains why the trailor had no gameplay footage.

"Announcing PSO2! ...now let's find someone to start making it."
    Kinda like what PSU did. And PSO2 is slated for release in 2011.

I have a bad feeling about this, guys...

Please, Sega, do PSO justice!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Like Dhylec (sort of) said, the Planner and Client Programmer jobs needing PS3/Xbox360 experience is obviously a hint at cross-platform release. At least I can rest easy on that subject now.
    No no no no no no no no no no no. Read more carefully. All they are saying is that they want someone with recent game programming experience (PC, 360, and/OR PS3).

In fact, you guys are reading way too much into this information. They are simply stating what kinds of people they are looking for, which does not necessarily relate to what exactly the design concepts are.

The truly baffling part of this announcement isn't any of what it actually says, but the fact they are looking for personnel this close to the game's announced release of sometime next year. Watch PSO2 end up being one of those "social games" for whatever the cheap Japanese knockoff of Facebook is. This is a joke. Mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffuzzy-Logik View Post
    No no no no no no no no no no no. Read more carefully. All they are saying is that they want someone with recent game programming experience (PC, 360, and/or PS3).

In fact, you guys are reading way too much into this information. They are simply stating what kinds of people they are looking for, which does not necessarily relate to what exactly the design concepts are.
    Right, ok, but if PSO was going to be PC-only, why would they even put PS3/360 in the job description? I understand that they want someone with recent console experience, but isn't programming PC games more than a touch different than console games(I actually don't know, so I'm sort of asking)? Why would someone with PS3/360 experience merit any attention from Sega if PSO2 will indeed be a PC-only game? I don't understand.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Nov 7, 2010 at 10:23 PM.