Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1118192021

Thread: Weapon types

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Shields in PSZ did have a party-defense PA available. I preferred riding on top of it myself.

I could go for combined boot/fist weapons. Basic would be, say, photon bars on the back of hand/shin. And then go from there.
    I should've known. But regardless, I'd love to see shields in a Phantasy Star game that I can actually get into.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Ultra Chicken View Post
    I should've known. But regardless, I'd love to see shields in a Phantasy Star game that I can actually get into.
    Didn't like the shields in PS:P2/i?
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragwind View Post
    Didn't like the shields in PS:P2/i?
    I never had a PSP.

I think axes were redundant in PSU because...well, they wern't axes. I dont know what they were, aside from heavy looking blades.

Hopefully we can get some real heavy weapons in PSO2...but i dont know what on EARTH a "heavy weapon" is if those giant freaking swords they're hauling around aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by RemiusTA View Post
    I think axes were redundant in PSU because...well, they wern't axes. I dont know what they were, aside from heavy looking blades.

Hopefully we can get some real heavy weapons in PSO2...but i dont know what on EARTH a "heavy weapon" is if those giant freaking swords they're hauling around aren't.
    Hm... Maybe PSU Axes were heavier because they were generally made with more metal than Swords? If that is so, then PSO2 Axes would have to be massive slabs of metal that put even the swords to shame.

There's no real need for another weapon heavier than the PSU Sword, IMO. They were big enough to apparently need decent upper body strength to wield. The axes just looked kind of...well, dumb.

Yeah, i guess they were just more massive. But for what its worth, i think Swords always looked like they should have been more powerful than Axes. You barely even swing the axe very much, but Swords were one of the only PSU weapons where i really felt any weight to them, imo.

On the other hand, they could go the way of PSO and make the Axes part of the Sword class. It's not too farfetched; World of Warcraft uses the same animations for 2-handed swords and 2-handed axes.

PSU axes were not redundant. They had a much higher focus on raw attack damage (1.5x the base attack, actually). Also, didn't their base attacks have no AoE component?

Plus, its PAs were way cooler than the sword PAs, which consisted of a vertical spinny-thing, a horizontal spinny-thing, and a simple high-damage vertical swing combo. The axe got a knockback-jump-knockback-again combo, a simple really high damage combo that ended with a knockback, and Anga Jabroga, which is admittedly the most boring and OP PA ever made, but frankly, I think the first two made up for it in spades.

If swords are made for dealing with crowds, axes are made for going toe-to-toe with the biggest, toughest foes and making them beg for mercy. Mmmm!