Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The old server

Default The old server

Anyone miss their characters from the PC/PS2 PSU servers from time to time? I put a lot of time into my main, got about the best weapons I could as a Wartecher (had some shiny 46% Fire Dagger of Serafi for example) and now its all gone. Got nostalgic after running across my old screen shots this morning, I miss that shitty little server

Anyone feel the same sometimes?

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

even though i have never played a PC/Ps2 player i miss people playing it. becuase now they barely log on pso-w

Some of the things I miss were that there were often so little people scattered around the lobbies inbetween missions (everyone was generally on the main lobby ship), but when you ran into someone it was hard to not become friends with them. It's something I really miss from PSU.
    megaoka | Kaz | Ship 2

I had my characters backed up in the last days the servers were active. I even saw my logged ID in a few of the post-shutdown progress screenshots, but I think that particular avenue of "continuation endeavors" took a shit over some forum drama and all the data was lost.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Just join JP PSU. It's the same server minus the language difference but 10x the content.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

Quote Originally Posted by str898mustang View Post
    Just join JP PSU. It's the same server minus the language difference but 10x the content.
    Also minus the character I spent 1400 hours playing as, and the friends I played with on the PS2/PC server. Also I refuse to pay for the game and the expansion a second time around.

Same problems with joining the 360 servers, PSU is more or less done for me.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

Quote Originally Posted by Kimil Adrayne View Post
    Also minus the character I spent 1400 hours playing as, and the friends I played with on the PS2/PC server. Also I refuse to pay for the game and the expansion a second time around.

Same problems with joining the 360 servers, PSU is more or less done for me.
    The expansion is free, the client is free, Free Course. Do it.

Not everybody wants to restart and do everything over again, no matter how easy it may be. It's not the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I still miss it from time to time as well. After putting in a bit over 8000 hours there, I find it really hard to ever feel like making progress on my 360 account, or even a JP account despite the content.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

Don't really miss my characters, no. I don't even miss playing PSU at all, really. Miss some online friends more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    I had my characters backed up in the last days the servers were active. I even saw my logged ID in a few of the post-shutdown progress screenshots, but I think that particular avenue of "continuation endeavors" took a shit over some forum drama and all the data was lost.
    This is not true.

All the data is up for download somewhere even still. Also, there is still one server project ongoing, but it does not plan to use the logged character data. It will, however, be open source, so you can make your own and use the old data if you like.

When it gets finished, of course.