Default I just started a new game with a HUnewn and need some help

Well it's the first time I try a HUnewn so I'm pretty clueless as to what I should do.

what's the best HUnewn weapon? I hear that swords have a really good PA that makes them pretty much the best hunter weapon (I think... and wonder) but are there any other good/better ones?
    and like what should I be feeding my Mag? Which status should I be focusing on increasing?

Thanks in advance.

Power power power!

Some will say Double Sabers are the best weapon because of the Gigas Romulus, but that's only if you can really get used to them. Swords are an amazing weapon thanks to the Over End PA, but it's really only useable once you get your hands on the Compress PA unit due to its insanely high charge time.

The way I view HUnewms is as a jack of all trades kind of class; they can deal good damage and they get a more powerful self resta then the Human Hunters do, as well as a natural kick ass evasion stat.

When you first start out try a Pure power (100 ATP) mag, then when you hit level 60, try making a new mag with a combonation of Power and Hit.

If you look in the PSZ subforums, you'll find a thread called "How to Maximize your Damage" which I wrote up.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

Thanks Doc! I'll check out your damage guide right now

but if like to be like a half hunter and half force the best is chato and with HUnewn i like to use daggers
    Zain Skyhawk
    3DS F/C: 0302-0570-3795
    I am a

You can also check out this guide:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191523

It details Material and Mag setups for each class, and some of the preferences from veteran members.

I personally suggest going full evasion. Not because it works, but because it's fun. DODGE ALL THE THINGZ!

thanks for all the replies guys, I'm really getting the hang of it

On my HUnewm, I use a level 3 Ainsraiffe with Overend. Although you don't have the raw power of a HUcast, with my units, I restore 10 PP a tick, use 9 less PP on Over-end, and charge it faster. Because of the Newman regen ability, spamming Over-end is godly.

You can run through an entire area with ten difluids. (usually.)

Don't ignore Earth-bullet Gunblades too. Neidaryl is usable by your class and is pretty good with lv. 3 element.

Buffing out your power is important, like others have said, but you could stand to use a couple Swift Mats too. It certainly wouldn't hurt. I use 45 power, 35 swift, and it works quite well. Give your mag at least 25 hit though, just so you can cover the accuracy rate of some PA's.