Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ManaAria View Post
    In my personal opinion, there were a few things that I loved to be able to do in the original PSO:
    1. Sit around in the lobby and just hang around with people (which has been proven that you can do in this)
    2. Run areas that actually require a challenge (I'm talking to you, EP IV Ultimate mode)
    3. Be able to, if I choose, just run around and kill things to get new and exciting Special Weapons.

3 has to be one of the biggest things for me. I don't know what made it different from grinding things in other games, but looking for special weapons in PSO was so fulfilling for some reason. Whenever I found a new one, I couldn't wait to go to the tekker to see what It was. (Even if half of them were Diskas) The sheer amount of different weapons you could get definitely helped this, though; and for some reason, even though they have had special and "S rank" weapons in the other Phantasy Star games since, it never felt the same as getting them in PSO. I have yet to see if it is like this in PSO2, since I've only played the Pre-OBT, but I hope they go back more to PSO's way of doing things in terms of having tons of items you have a chance at, and the fun it was to collect them.
    I am hoping the difficulty will be a bit harder in later areas and missions in the game, but I believe that should end up being fine. I do agree with AlMcFly though, I want some more awesome giant boss fights.

EDIT:
    Being able to go to fields without haing to accept a mission would be lovely.
    It's possible to go to fields without having to accept a quest, the free fields have to be unlocked first though.
    About the lack of special weapons, we only had access to normal mode so far, and in the pre-open beta there was no time to go to the hard mode, it's normal there's not many rare weapons in the normal mode, did you see any special weapons in the normal mode of PSO?
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

I think the highest ranked items I saw were 4* or 5* can't remember which. I know they weren't gear though. I think they were status boosting items or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    I think the highest ranked items I saw were 4* or 5* can't remember which. I know they weren't gear though. I think they were status boosting items or something.
    During the closed beta I managed to find a 7* Gunslash, the drop had the gunslash icon in the ground, but it was red instead of orange. :3
    I'm guessing there will be 2 types of rare weapons, those that drop with the weapon icon coloured red, and those that appear as red boxes (which can be untekked, when untekking players can choose the element and one special effect, while a 2nd special effect is chosen at random).
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jun 19, 2012 at 05:28 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

in many things psu was just ... blah so annoying. too many lobbies.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    It's possible to go to fields without having to accept a quest, the free fields have to be unlocked first though.
    About the lack of special weapons, we only had access to normal mode so far, and in the pre-open beta there was no time to go to the hard mode, it's normal there's not many rare weapons in the normal mode, did you see any special weapons in the normal mode of PSO?
    Thank you for the info about free fields!
    I should have been clearer about the Special items thing. I didn't mean that there was a lack of them in PSO2; as you said, you don't usually run in to them until hard mode or higher, so I wouldn't know. I just hope that they feel more like they did in PSO, than in other Phantasy Star games. What with the whole excitement of not knowing what they are till you go to the tekker. (unless you cheat and equip them, but that ruins the fun) Its more of a personal thing, really. Sorry for the confusion.
    Live and let the Creativity Flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    During the closed beta I managed to find a 7* Gunslash, the drop had the gunslash icon in the ground, but it was red instead of orange. :3
    I'm guessing there will be 2 types of rare weapons, those that drop with the weapon icon coloured red, and those that appear as red boxes (which can be untekked, when untekking players can choose the element and one special effect, while a 2nd special effect is chosen at random).
    What? You can choose when untekking?!?!? I found that same 7 star gunslash and untekked it! But had no idea i could set the element and one special effect!?!? Cost me 16k too T_T and couldn't use it till lvl 11 (was 10 at the time but still ).

The community from it's predecessor.

"Booty Slider" is the greatest idea and combination of words I have heard in a while.

I think it is that it's not English what is missing.

Ain't gettin rare drops and it makes me sad! I've seen one rare gunblade from the city mission and I'm lvl 21 now. Hope things pick up when I get access to more hard mode areas.