View Poll Results: Was Choosing Ship 02 for US/EU A Good Idea?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Ship 02 will be fine.

76 75.25%
  • No, I think we should move.

15 14.85%
  • I really don't know and prefer not to guess.

10 9.90%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Was Choosing Ship 02 for US/EU A Good Idea?

Looking at the numbers we had in Pre-Open Beta Test, I don't think choosing Ship 02 for the unofficial English speaking ship was a good idea.

The majority of the blocks were practically full for the entire time, suggesting it is getting much of the spillover from Ship 01. These are just the players who know about Pre-OBT. Once word gets out across Japanese gamers that Open Beta for the game is in process, I can foresee having trouble getting in completely. I know it would be a tiny bit difficult to get everyone to pick up and go to a higher number ship but I think the benefits would outweigh the difficulty.

I've seen this question recently mentioned briefly but I don't think it has garnered enough feedback. What do you think?

i understand where your comeing from but its just not going to happen ppl want this for the econ reason that and im sure other reasons. on a side note nice sig
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

We will have to see. I do agree that blocks 20-21 did fill up rather fast, but I think we will be fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    on a side note nice sig
    Thanks!

Np XD
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

People will vote yes because it's already the ship we are occupying..
    Too biased to generate a valid opinion.

I agree we need to move, I was thinking the same thing that it got full fast and that it could negatively impact our ability to play in the long-term.

Given we only get one free character it stands to reason we only get one chance to do this right so it's an important discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    People will vote yes because it's already the ship we are occupying..
    Too biased to generate a valid opinion.
    alt+0173 is filtered.

I think it's probably too late to decide on a different ship. The community pretty much has it's mind set on Ship 2.

To change it all of a sudden might cause a split and lots of confusion.

Besides this is an online game, all the ships are going to be full for the first month or two regardless. If your talking about blocks 20-21 being full, changing ships will not help that.
    Phantasy Star Online Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fujiko View Post
    I think it's probably too late to decide on a different ship. The community pretty much has it's mind set on Ship 2.

To change it all of a sudden might cause a split and lots of confusion.

Besides this is an online game, all the ships are going to be full for the first month or two regardless. If your talking about blocks 20-21 being full, changing ships will not help that.
    Definitely too late to switch now. I do kinda wish that the community had picked one of the last ships, like 9 or 10, but in the long run I don't think it will be that big a deal. Things will eventually level out and Ship 2, Blocks 20 and up will be mostly English players.