Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default In Retrospect...

I stubbled upon some old PSU Vinila pics from way back when. I nostalgia'd hard for a bit there. I realized, with PSO2 about to start, I needed to pay homidge to PSU...

Looking back to PSU vanilla, I feel like that was easily the funnest time during the game for me. The missions were hard, the S anks were rare and the bosses were new. The classes weren't balanced, but I liked the way that Wartecher made a good frontline medic, before the broken Acro-classes and Master-classes were added.

Population was higher in those days for the PS2/PC server. Back then, I was in the last year of highschool, with a PS2 hooked up to a tiny CRT in the kitchen. Played with only a handful of people that I met online: the Loli Express and then eventually the VCC. I was a really fun time, probably the best time I've had with online video games. I sunk a LOT of hours into PSU.

People on here nostaglia over PSO back on the dreamcast, but that was before my time. With all of the english PSU servers down, I will truely miss it.

I will nostalgia hard over PSU. Goodbye Beasts, goodbye customization clothes, goodbye semi-fun broken-ness and constant Segac neglect...

Hello PSO2

Hopefully PSO2 vanilla will give me great memories, just like PSU.

---

Anyone else gonna miss PSU?
    Last edited by Kimil Adrayne; Jun 21, 2012 at 12:28 AM.

Caelis - HUbeaseal
    Kimil - RAnewm
    Endrea - FOcaseal

WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

Rest in peace, Beasts. I shalln't forget them.

I'm still pretty ticked that Ethan's hoodie never became a player outfit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifting Fable View Post
    Rest in peace, Beasts. I shalln't forget them.

I'm still pretty ticked that Ethan's hoodie never became a player outfit, though.
    I to raged at that i to......
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Yeah, wasn't there, I did have a fond memory of the x360 beta/demo client.
    Only PS I played before this was PSO:BB on the ******** private server. I bought a clearance copy of PSU for the free month, but this was well after the game was a barren wasteland.

Looking for team. And I'm not satisfied with my sig.

Beasts ;_; They quickly became my favorite race, really sad to see them go. I'll get a bit more time with them since I've yet to play Infinity, but still.

Really am looking forward to PSO2, though. My friends and I used to have so much fun on PSO GC.

Lol its been so long since i played PSU that i forgot you could have 6 people in a party at once. Seems like overkill now.

never got into psu

the portable series was fantastic though.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Ah, PSU. A never ending series of WTF all compacted into one game. What a wonderful chat program.

>acro classes / master classes
    >broken

um... by the time these classes were introduced the game was already easy mode

so idgi.

anyway, on topic, i've already passed my "grieving" period of psu since pc/ps2 shutdown. wasn't around at the beginning of vanilla psu, but i do have fond memories of my first forays into the game. the game is not as bad as a lot of people were led to believe, but it had significant problems that led to it being labeled as a dud.

i look forward to pso2 but i am well prepared for that point when the game becomes completely uninspired, turned to easy mode and become not as fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Halcyote View Post
    >acro classes / master classes
    >broken

um... by the time these classes were introduced the game was already easy mode

so idgi.

anyway, on topic, i've already passed my "grieving" period of psu since pc/ps2 shutdown. wasn't around at the beginning of vanilla psu, but i do have fond memories of my first forays into the game. the game is not as bad as a lot of people were led to believe, but it had significant problems that led to it being labeled as a dud.

i look forward to pso2 but i am well prepared for that point when the game becomes completely uninspired, turned to easy mode and become not as fun.
    Solo S4's if you want a challenge. Even some of the best JP PSU players get a good challenge from S4's especially if they are soloing them.

You can also run Ohtori on S3 for an even bigger challenge so stop complaining about "easy mode".