View Poll Results: The dive roll sucks...amiright?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, it's awesome! I'm ready for a John Woo film.

23 56.10%
  • Yes, it sucks. My character forgets what he was doing after rolling.

7 17.07%
  • Iono...haven't ever rolled before...

11 26.83%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The dive roll sucks...amiright?

So playing a Ranger, there is a massive massive delay to shit or ever move after you to the dive roll. Every single time it's like my character has to catch his breath or hold from puking lol. To make matters worse, in the heat of battle it is very very easy to accidentally dive roll. I've never died because of it yet, but every time I do it I'm thinking "Ok...ok...let me shoot now."

Note: I only have that one mandatory point invested into it. Please tell me if you can continuously roll or the delay disappears if you get the higher roll skills. Will be helpful information.

I think the Ranger's evasive action is meant to be the worst intentionally, seeing as their meant to always stay far away to begin with.

Perhaps, that is it. I know it's pretty darn nice for Forces. It's almost like every staff user has the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter's Shadow Vault ability but without the tumbling animation. A shadow shift, perhaps.

Forces have a very long distance dodge with huge invulnerability, but it also takes forever.
    Hunters have the shortest dodge, but also the fastest and are the only ones who can use an attack to break out of the dodge animation (if they get a certain skill).

Dive Roll is fine imo. There shouldn't be a need to use it continuously anyway.

More importantly, if you keep doing it by accident then you should consider changing hotkeys.
    Last edited by Gardios; Jun 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM.

I'm eagerly awaiting the English patch in the hopes that I'll be able to find and turn off "double tap to roll". I do need to roll from time to time, but accidentally doing it when I hit the same direction twice is annoying. I hope there's a different way of using Dive Roll in those settings somewhere.

You currently have the option to press X to dodge in the direction you're moving, which you should be able to bind wherever you want... If you can find that section. I'm probably gonna put it on the F key because I switch weapons with the mouse wheel, but whatever works for you.

It's essentially the same dodge from PSU/P. So I've got enough experience at that.

i find force dodge very usefull, enables me to g and heal people in the middle of chaos and then just get the hell out of it without being killed xD
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Skilled Fighter

If you run circles around mobs, you basically never need to use the dodge roll, at least in forest missions.

But to answer the question, yes I don't like the dive roll, either. So I learned to position myself to never need it.

I'd also rather not waste points into dive rolling, so I don't know what kind of improvements there are.