Default homing emission aiming tips?

i really like the ranger attack homing emission. it's the one where you lock on to multiple enemies and multiple parts of said enemies and release the right mouse button to fire off a bunch of "homing" bullets.

the main reason i like it is because it's exploitable if you aim it right. it does decent damage so if you hit all of the bullets on a single part it'll stack. i did it once successfully on a king yeti. it locks on to his arm head, butt weak spot, and something else. i then released them all point blank on his ass and it killed him pretty fast.

but that was the only time i've ever successfully point-blanked with homing emission.

why does it aim so derpy? sometimes simply trying to hit enemies is quite a task itself. i've tried aiming straight up, jumping and shooting downwards, medium distance, etc.

it seems like it's only accurate the further away you are, but then you can't exploit it and it's not as fun.

does anybody know how to shoot it and actually make it's shots hit up close/point-blank?
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

I used to not use homing emission that much, but then seeing how useful it was against bosses changed my mind about it.

Don't shoot up close, it takes a while for the bullets to start homing, you'll miss most of the shots because of it. But farther away, the bullets have plenty of room to fly and adjust.

Also aim high, you don't want the bullets to hit the ground prematurely.

I think his plan is to shoot at point blank so all the shots go into a monster's weak point.

For me I have the issue of locking onto all the parts in a timely manner, takes too long to be useful.
    Last edited by Vashyron; Jul 10, 2012 at 06:35 PM.

It's kind of silly not to use it the way it's intended and then complain that that doesn't work out, don't you think? You're not supposed to use it point blank. If that works out, well, great, but that's not what it's for.

Quote Originally Posted by Geistritter View Post
    It's kind of silly not to use it the way it's intended and then complain that that doesn't work out, don't you think? You're not supposed to use it point blank. If that works out, well, great, but that's not what it's for.
    u got me dawg

i jus gat so frustratd i cuddnt help budaxx fo help mayn
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-

See, I tried and tried to use that PA and just absolutely could not figure out what it did! Now I think once the maintenance is over, I'll give it another few shots.
    Appropriate use of launcher!
    [Ship 9] Rowe: Hu22 / Ra40 / Fo30 / Gu8 [Team: Busters (Leader)]

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe View Post
    See, I tried and tried to use that PA and just absolutely could not figure out what it did! Now I think once the maintenance is over, I'll give it another few shots.
    if you figure out how to schooten it close range, post the secret

i don't really know how many "targets" you can lock on to at once. sometimes the lock-on system is a little annoying, other times it works perfectly. all enemies seem to have at least two lock on spots though. i think the max may be 5 or 6. here's to hoping it goes up to 10 at lvl 10 loloool. it's much harder to use without tps mode thats for sure
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。

Aim from far, get as many lock-ons as possible. (4-6)

Think of it as missile with limited homing ability that knocks-up small enemies, really great support PA since it stops whatever they are doing.

Its a range PA, so use it FROM medium-long distance.
    Last edited by ashley50; Jul 10, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Never had luck using it close range, but for stuff like Vol Dragon, i can target his horns, tail, and head, from afar

Edit: just tried it out against rockbear, I basically targeted random stuff and then went up into shotgun range, all shots hit home, at his face of course.but you have to be pretty darn close, otherwise they'll spread out and go around instead.
    Last edited by Daiyousei; Jul 11, 2012 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiyousei View Post
    Never had luck using it close range, but for stuff like Vol Dragon, i can target his horns, tail, and head, from afar

Edit: just tried it out against rockbear, I basically targeted random stuff and then went up into shotgun range, all shots hit home, at his face of course.but you have to be pretty darn close, otherwise they'll spread out and go around instead.
    yeah thanks for the info. i was messing with it and it does work. but all of the targets have to be on one monster. so you cant target a bunch of mobs and then use this technique on just one mob, because it seems the bullets only hit whatever mob they were supposed to target. that's why it works with boss mobs with a lot of targets.

i really like using it against the dragon, you can weak shot it's horn and then target everything and point blank his weak spot

its cruel
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。