Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default My two cents following the hack attack

Me and a friend were discussing the hacking the other day. This is what we thought:

We have no right to play this game: it is a privilege that SoJ has granted us that they didn't have any obligation to. If they wanted, SoJ could've implemented countermeasures to prevent any player outside of Japan from participating in this game (the original ToS did say only players in Japan were allowed to play), and it's a small miracle that they haven't caved into pressure from the Japanese playerbase to ban all western players from playing.

That they have only banned about 75 players (and counting, as there are surely more cheaters and hackers around) is yet another miracle, because the actions of a selfish few have reflected poorly on every western player. The Japanese playerbase already believes us to hack and cheat in games for shits and giggles, which is the major reason why they don't want us to play. The hackers have given their beliefs more validity.

Furthermore, it matters not what the hackers claimed they were trying to accomplish. If they wished to send a message to Sega, there was a variety of ways to do it. Hacking a game and making everyone, including the people you claim to wish to help, suffer, is about the worst way to go about this. In this respect, the hackers' "justification" is no better than that of terrorists: their words are hollow in comparison to the message their actions broadcast.

Those are my thoughts.

How many threads are we going to devote to little kiddies using Cheat Engine?

Leave it be and go on with life, giving these 'Hackers' Attention is all they want and desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Maku View Post
    Me and a friend were discussing the hacking the other day. This is what we thought:

We have no right to play this game: it is a privilege that SoJ has granted us that they didn't have any obligation to. If they wanted, SoJ could've implemented countermeasures to prevent any player outside of Japan from participating in this game (the original ToS did say only players in Japan were allowed to play), and it's a small miracle that they haven't caved into pressure from the Japanese playerbase to ban all western players from playing.

That they have only banned about 75 players (and counting, as there are surely more cheaters and hackers around) is yet another miracle, because the actions of a selfish few have reflected poorly on every western player. The Japanese playerbase already believes us to hack and cheat in games for shits and giggles, which is the major reason why they don't want us to play. The hackers have given their beliefs more validity.

Furthermore, it matters not what the hackers claimed they were trying to accomplish. If they wished to send a message to Sega, there was a variety of ways to do it. Hacking a game and making everyone, including the people you claim to wish to help, suffer, is about the worst way to go about this. In this respect, the hackers' "justification" is no better than that of terrorists: their words are hollow in comparison to the message their actions broadcast.

Those are my thoughts.
    Does this entire passage assume that the 75 malicious players were all Western? I doubt even MOST were Western players. They weren't even all hackers (gold selling and whatnot). It's generally a bad thing to make assumptions about vague information.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSecretSpy View Post
    How many threads are we going to devote to little kiddies using Cheat Engine?

Leave it be and go on with life, giving these 'Hackers' Attention is all they want and desire.
    'Tis the last I'll discuss them. I just needed to get that off my chest.

I can guarantee you that Japanese hack for shits and giggles and some Japanese players were banned, too.

I don't think it was just Americans. It happened on almost every ship.

So you assume Japan doesn't have hackers? Its a bit stereotypical to think it all came from the west or to think all Japanese people think we are all hackers...
    Now we all wait for the Rappy Deity of Vengeance that granted its followers eternal life to punish all humans...

He has a point.

Sega could do something right now to stop us from playing, so we are lucky they even are still letting us play the game.

I don't understand what those people were thinking..... if stuff liek that continues, they might just say "Ok that's it, Japanese only"

They will most likely beleive it was the fault of the American players.

But who knows, some Japanese players could also be hacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalsnake27 View Post
    He has a point.

Sega could do something right now to stop us from playing, so we are lucky they even are still letting us play the game.

I don't understand what those people were thinking..... if stuff liek that continues, they might just say "Ok that's it, Japanese only"

But who knows, some Japanese players could also be hacking.
    It is almost 100% certain that there are Japanese players hacking. To think otherwise would be naive not to mention "Western-centric.".

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    It is almost 100% certain that there are Japanese players hacking. To think otherwise would be naive.
    Yeah most likely, but I wouldnt be surprized if they are convinced that its JUST us who are doing it, or at least the majority of it.