Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    The HUcast with balls of aluminium

Default So... while the maitenance is on, let's talka bout weapons you'd like to see

We all know what the upcoming new toys will be in the fall update, but what options would you like to see in future updates? Furthermore, and more importantly, what gaps would you want new weapons to fill?

Personally, I would like to see some weapons that combine tech ability with combat ability. Right now, it's best to focus on one or the other exclusively, with no reason to invest in tech based abilities as a hunter or ranger, and the other way around for forces. Because of this, taking a human or newman as a hunter/ranger is generally a poor idea, and using a cast as a force is similarly so. By adding hybrid weapons that mix combat and technique elements, each of the currently overshadowed race/class selections would gain something to make them much more viable.

One fairly obvious option, having come from PSU, would probably be the photon bow. It would be pretty cool to have a weapon that, when fired normally, would release a single, weak R-atk based projectile. But upon holding the attack button to charge the shot (being a bow and all, this fits), you could fire a powerful T-atk based projectile, possibly with piercing abilities. Photon arts could function in a similar manner.

For melee combat, I would propose something along the lines of a small sword and shield. Such a weapon could function not only as a hybrid force/hunter weapon, but also as a potential tank focused weapon. Basic attacks would be similar to a gunslash, with short range, high speed, and medium-low damage. By using the secondary function of the weapon (ie, shift on the keyboard), the player could activate a parry motion with the shield that would act similarly to a just guard, but instead of deflecting the damage and allowing for a normal counterattack, this guard could instead allow the player to follow up with an instantly cast fully charged technique of their choice.
    Such a weapon would allow skilled forces to unleash powerful techniques at a higher rate of fire (the key word here is skilled, since such a weapon would put a force in great danger, should they make a mistake), and allow for hunters to gain some support abilities that would decentralize the current notion of casts always being the best option for every situation. Furthermore, the better defenses and close combat abilities of FOcasts would make them solid choices for such a weapon as well.

This is just some musing of mine, your thoughts? Ideas?

Well atm im waiting on double sabers but im wanting to see psp2 weps snd also pso weps to sum it up
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Just give me a Double Saber...and anything near the awesomeness of the PA's in PSU, and I will be as content as a baby sucking its mothers.......milk bottles.

Edit: Damn Goldwing...beat me to the punch by 1 min. Your kungfu is indeed strong....

I'd love to see this weapon make a return:

Mugunruk

Not the most appealing weapon, but it was my first, and most used S rank on PSU. Oh, 1UP memories.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

Quote Originally Posted by ZcRaider View Post
    Just give me a Double Saber...and anything near the awesomeness of the PA's in PSU, and I will be as content as a baby sucking its mothers.......milk bottles.

Edit: Damn Goldwing...beat me to the punch by 1 min. Your kungfu is indeed strong....
    I learn from the best -bows-
    who am i....? *tosses card to* find out.

Why do the same thread topics pop up at the same time? This thread is literally separated by only two threads on the front page from this topic: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198490 It's like people are saying "Nope! That topic is a day old. We must remake!" No offense of course. I just don't know why this couldn't be discussed in a consolidated fashion. I for one feel that necro-posting should always be allowed for this type of topic.

Quote Originally Posted by goldwing View Post
    I learn from the best -bows-
    LOL @ Goldwing!

Just had a second thought. Figured its worth the potential double post but.

I WOULD NOT WANT:

A knock off weapon of the original. Crea Doubles anyone?

Dont get me wrong...the Crea Doubles were nice..and i Mained them. But they still were not like the orginal....Twin Brand.

If they add it....They can enhance it...but dont change it. Thats my opinion.

If they do make something new...it better be F@#$ing awesome. Freakin lighting in stuff floatin around. Something.

The HUcast with balls of aluminium

Quote Originally Posted by AlMcFly View Post
    Why do the same thread topics pop up at the same time? This thread is literally separated by only two threads on the front page from this topic: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198490 It's like people are saying "Nope! That topic is a day old. We must remake!" No offense of course. I just don't know why this couldn't be discussed in a consolidated fashion. I for one feel that necro-posting should always be allowed for this type of topic.
    I apologize if I was unclear, I meant, rather, weapon types, and not specific weapons themselves. Furthermore, on the basis of the original post, I meant to address specific gaps in the gameplay that I feel should be filled.

It's not my fault that no one read the OP.
    Last edited by Fafnir; Jul 20, 2012 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Forget weapons

Wartecher
    Melee Technics

Transform Double Saber into large dualblade of Light with Gigrants
    Punch the ground to make an explosion for Gifoie
    Lightning speed flying kick for Zonde
    Foie for Megaton Pawnch
    Punch ground for Ice Crystal eruption for Rabarta.

I can dream, I guess.
    YES thank you! THANK YOU!

If i cant have double sabers. Give me cool stuff i can do Unarmed.

I want to throw a freakin HADOKEN man. Throw some kicks and Shoryukens and I will be MORE content than a baby sucking its mothers Milk .......Bottles.

Shigga Desta. Still my favorite phantasy star gun. I WANT SHOTGUNS.
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM