Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I was thinking that exact phrase.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Skill trees allow you to gain new skills, or passive boosts, as you level. Gaining your weapon gear as a hunter, or seeing your element of choice become more useful as a force, might interest you.

New areas unlock at higher levels. Unfortunately, you have to sit through alot of unnecessary BS between lvs 20-30, but after that, you gain access to a bunch of interesting new areas.

You get new weapon skins as you level. Lower level items gain more interesting skins, and you may get a more rare gold skinned weapon. Or, you could get a rare item with its own unique skin.

The biggest draw is character customization. Though you don't really get anything unique through levels, the longer you play, the more items will be released to customize yourself with.

Really, that's the draw of the game. Customize your character, see your character grow in strength, and get access to new areas.

THIS is why I stopped playing. Blew almost all my money and about to hit endgame (lvl 39 currently).

My opinion is that the game does not have such a great incentive to level up. My best example would be from Maplestory (fond memories... till the economy exploded). It was fun to level up to a point, getting new gear, new attacks... The idea of giving all the PA's right away is just bleh. Another thing is the stats... It is so hard to calculate what stats to pump into your mag thus first timers will usually be unable to equip any of the higher tier units at all. So its sorta telling you to either go DPS or Tank...

I love how they randomly generate the maps considering I HATE instances. Just with the Bosses moved from map to map like in Monster Hunters. I just feel like it gets really old for me to just spam the same skills over and over again because its the strongest combo. Well it just launched abit over a month but I feel like it is too easy to hit end game with the extreme exp from multiparties.

EDIT: The skill tree also feels weird to me. Might be a Phantasy Star thing but idk since its a first time for me. It has been a very fun month until I just went ballistic with DoDo or wtv his name is. *Basically I'm flat broke and pissed off*

Join me PSO2 Ship 9

That is how they've been played since day one. You'll get used to it, and would seem that way now, but your time has not been wasted.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)

yeah unfortunately, despite the skill and timing implemented in the hunter class, no boss really requires much practice aside from panther bros.

so far that's the only fun boss for me to solo.

come back when pso2 has more content.
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by KrankItVZ View Post
    THIS is why I stopped playing. Blew almost all my money and about to hit endgame (lvl 39 currently).

My opinion is that the game does not have such a great incentive to level up. My best example would be from Maplestory (fond memories... till the economy exploded). It was fun to level up to a point, getting new gear, new attacks... The idea of giving all the PA's right away is just bleh. Another thing is the stats... It is so hard to calculate what stats to pump into your mag thus first timers will usually be unable to equip any of the higher tier units at all. So its sorta telling you to either go DPS or Tank...

I love how they randomly generate the maps considering I HATE instances. Just with the Bosses moved from map to map like in Monster Hunters. I just feel like it gets really old for me to just spam the same skills over and over again because its the strongest combo. Well it just launched abit over a month but I feel like it is too easy to hit end game with the extreme exp from multiparties.

EDIT: The skill tree also feels weird to me. Might be a Phantasy Star thing but idk since its a first time for me. It has been a very fun month until I just went ballistic with DoDo or wtv his name is. *Basically I'm flat broke and pissed off*
    Maplestory has incentives for leveling? Pfft, if anything Maplestory is one game that makes leveling feel absolutely useless, admittedly old maple back when I played in 2006 made leveling feel like an achievement, but recently when I picked it back up again with the Mercedes update I got to level 124 in 3 days, sometimes when I was grinding I didn't even realize I had levelled. That's how much the sense of achievement was.

You seem to be the kind of person to prefer open world environments, personally I do too, but I find the PSO2 system refreshing and combat alone makes it more fun than most other games of now imo including GW2.

If anything I feel PSO2 is only suffering in lack of content, but you have to give it time, it's a new game and comparing it to other MMOs the rate at which they are releasing it is absolutely crazy, it's almost like how Spiral Knights was when they first started. Perhaps take a break and come back later, or play other classes and level them up or focus on strengthening your main character. Right now I have found myself playing less due to time constraints, but I still wish I could play more, so I kind of envy people who can haha.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    yea right now, besides the spells that we have, they do not look any different at higher levels.

This may change when we get lvl 11-20 spells in the future though.
    Thats one of the things PSO did was had the spells change their look at certain levels. Right now it doesn't look like they left enough room for that kind of change in PSO2. At this point if we get level 30 discs that the range would be the only thing to change.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

This game is all about fun combat and hunting rares .
    Hunter - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by kudo View Post
    Maplestory has incentives for leveling? Pfft, if anything Maplestory is one game that makes leveling feel absolutely useless, admittedly old maple back when I played in 2006 made leveling feel like an achievement, but recently when I picked it back up again with the Mercedes update I got to level 124 in 3 days, sometimes when I was grinding I didn't even realize I had levelled. That's how much the sense of achievement was.

You seem to be the kind of person to prefer open world environments, personally I do too, but I find the PSO2 system refreshing and combat alone makes it more fun than most other games of now imo including GW2.

If anything I feel PSO2 is only suffering in lack of content, but you have to give it time, it's a new game and comparing it to other MMOs the rate at which they are releasing it is absolutely crazy, it's almost like how Spiral Knights was when they first started. Perhaps take a break and come back later, or play other classes and level them up or focus on strengthening your main character. Right now I have found myself playing less due to time constraints, but I still wish I could play more, so I kind of envy people who can haha.
    Well yea MS was quite good a few years back. Hitting above level 60 felt like you actually reached somewhere. My siblings still play as they are about 20x richer than me... Now its just completely broken and I refuse to play to keep my memories of the old game.

The lack of content does sort of piss me off kinda like DCUO but DCUO was horrible at end game (Admittedly I had around 10 real life friends play so it was awesome).

Now I just feel like there is nothing to do. The idea of being able to access all the skills at level 1 is also priceless... Even though I'm flat broke in game and I know it is possible to make the money back, I feel that there is no actual incentive to keep on going (at least at this point). I probably wont have much time to play in a few weeks time but yea it was a fun run. Might come back to this after a few months again and see how it goes.

Join me PSO2 Ship 9