Page 115 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1565105112113114115116117118125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 4299

Quote Originally Posted by God of Awesome View Post
    Do you guys think it's better to go Fi/Hu and get a decent all class sword or go Hu/Fi and get a decent all class DS?
    Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    The former, because there is no such thing as a decent allclass DS.
    My opinion may not be worth much, but I disagree, and think hunter/fighter is very much worth considering.

I understand that for a long time fighter/hunter has been recommended as the all-class hunter weapons were very good, being easily obtainable and almost as good as the best 9 star weapons. But now with the new AQ spellstone weapons, I feel like the situation has changed.

It's not really that hard to obtain the new spellstone weapons. There's the Kagudachi sword, which gains 196 S-ATK over the Alice Ting λ as well as a great potential that boosts PP recovery - it's the second strongest sword currently available. There's the Olde Device partisan, which gains 197 S-ATK over the Patty λ Rumeria - it's the single strongest partisan in the game.

As for the fighter weapons... Most people seem to agree here that knuckles and twin daggers are underwhelming and not really of much use. The all-class knuckles cover knuckle dashing. That just leaves the double saber. The basic spellstone double saber is the best all-class one, and it only has 92 less S-ATK than the best 9 star. It's also very easy to get to 50% light.

I'm purposely not considering any other 10 star weapons here because they're more or less impossible to find. I think it's worth thinking about going hunter/fighter now, unless you can get lucky and find a really good 10 star double saber.
    Last edited by Lorne; Mar 2, 2013 at 03:42 AM.

If you want to grind a kagudachi to +10 4 times for less than 1 more PP/second you can absolutely go ahead and try it.

Same with the fossil victor, except +10ing it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    I'm purposely not considering any other 10 star weapons here because they're more or less impossible to find. I think it's worth thinking about going hunter/fighter now, unless you can get lucky and find a really good 10 star double saber.
    They're actually much more common now thanks to AQs and Giga's right, the new pyroxene sword's hidden ability is really lackluster. Not worth the effort at all. Also consider that proportionately, Fossil Victor is an even worse tradeoff to better 10* double sabers than Lambda Aristin is to 10* swords.

In the end it really comes down to which you use more often, but Fi/Hu is decidely more versatile and balanced than Hu/Fi.

Also consider that lambda fairnote +10/ 50% element grinded to 10 4x for the JA boost will outdamage fossil vector by a lot. So if you do go Hunter/Fighter you are sacrificing double saber DPS by a significant amount even if you cant find a 10* double saber. You will just need to pay up for an optimized lambda fairnote, or get yourself a 50% +10 red double which is very strong for a non 10* and very cheap to make.
    Last edited by R81672; Mar 2, 2013 at 04:16 AM.

after a vardha eq today I realized vardha works exactly like falz , the stance to use to ANY part or vardha himself depends on where you stand on the platform , but I think all lower parts take brave stance and not wise ( don't know why ) , for the top part of the fight it's true tho

The lower parts of Vardha are in Brave Stance area. If you're a FO/FI, try locking onto one of the lower parts and cast a Rafoie or Grants while standing close to the 6 set of missiles and then see what happens to your damage.

what set should I aim for ( not 10* rare , something buyable and not extra expensive) for my fighter ?

what I mean is , to this day and until I get a bit more of money to affix my 2 falz units I was using a calvaria set on my ranger to great effect , something like that , something that's NOT definitive but good enough to keep going until I get something more end-game ( right now using just 3 units with vol/gwana soul LOL)

Saw for example the banther set but maybe that calvaria set for sdef is better for this pp abusing class ? I Don't know
    Last edited by kabutozero; Mar 4, 2013 at 12:11 PM.