Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best things you lost

I just started back up playing PSO after a 9 year hiatus. I've lost a lot of goodies between memory card corruption and the frozen screen of death.

One of the best things I've ever had, but did not know it at the time was a Dragon Slayer that was 65% on Native. I found it myself and to this day I'm not sure if I tekkered it to it's full potential. That one was lost due to FSOD, I don't think I was over level 50 with my first character so it happend very early on.

Being a devout magfarmer, I've made a mag with something like 197 defense. It was the most you could possibly do. Took me about 4 times longer to build that mag than a normal mag.

I earned a couple of S-Rank weapons. I think it was a mechgun and sword.

My 2 favorite weapons of all time were 9 star common rares. It was a Varista with something like 30% hit, I got it in a trade and man it worked great! The other was a Hell Laser with 45% hit. I got a lot of joy of mowing down enemies before my team mates could get a hit in, of course it was with friends and we laughed about it. The Hell Laser also had high % against Dark and Machine.

One of the more prouder finds was Rico's Earrings. I searched hard for those and played the offline quest where Elenor accompanies you in Ruins over and over till I found it.

I pipe tricked a lot of my rare finds including the Oriagito (sp?) and Kumai. They are not the most efficient weapons, but there is something satisfying about using them.

Back in the days of the Dreamcast, I was young, naive, and very fortunate to run into some Very Nice People.

One was a FOmarl almost identical to mine -the only difference was the hat. She declared us sisters and basically showered me with rares she had duplicates of/wasn't using. (And taught me how to Zel/Jel effectively, so I could get some experience while I was with her party) One of those rares was a Plantain Fan, which I just loved.

Anyway, continuing her tradition of helping people of lower levels, I one day joined a group helping someone farm Vol-Opt (FOmarl + gizonde + Vol-Opt = win). Unfortunately one of the other guys was a hacker, and following Vol-Opt's death, turned on us, killed and stole our weapons, including my Plantain Fan ;_;

I actually based my thesis off that (and another) incident -emotional attachment in games, etc...

But I never got my Plantain Fan back ;_;

I also played the Dreamcast version extensively. It got to the point you could not play online because so many would kill you using the hacked resta technique and of course take your weapon. My biggest fear going back online for the gamecube is that there may be some of these hackers that could do something equally or even more devastating. By the time I quit playing on New Years 2003/2004, hacked mags were plentiful, some people knew how to steal your stuff through the trade menu, who knows what to expect now.

Oh man, I don't have quite the high-quality rares you had, but thanks to several lost/stolen GC memory cards I have quite the volume of items.

The most treasured to me were my heavily-grinded Grass Assassin Blades- the first rare I invested a great deal of time into. Also had a wicked Varista with +20% on Native and +15% on two other attributes I can't seem to recall. Several Maces of Laconium (not that rare all things considered), along with all my armors, barriers, and units. GC Memory Cards: I apparently need to keep better track of these things?!

I find myself fortunate to not encounter any hackers- I hope my time in Blue Burst is mostly free of them as well. Oh- and shout-out to Caledonia... that Plantain Fan story spoke to me (I've had several experiences like that in other MMOs), it's this attachment that hurts most, but also makes us strive to succeed in the first place!

Self-props for using the phrase, "That Plantain Fan story spoke to me" in my lifetime- awesome!

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Best things I lost? My mood to play the game again =w= Other then that I never lost anything since I can restore my memory cards when corrupted, so only play time, C-mode and MA progress is lost (last 2 is great actually cause you can do it over again then on 4 chars xD)

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

I have lost a rare once i found a red slime and got a demolition comet and the game froze soon after it had 20 hit! >_<
    Slayer of Falz

My memory card kicked the bucket so I lost everything

Me and my friend had lost money, and random items we dropped to share on Pioneer 2. It was like an NPC picked it up cause we were playing OFFLINE MODE on the GAMECUBE!

Sold my memory card and my GC to Game Crazy for store credit... then they went out of business before I could use it... Lost my Lvl 131 HUmar for nothing

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blackheart521 View Post
    Sold my memory card and my GC to Game Crazy for store credit... then they went out of business before I could use it... Lost my Lvl 131 HUmar for nothing
    You sir, have now a huge sin. How dare you sell out your GC and PSO!

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.