Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Race/Class stereotypes...

I was playing my new Ranger I realized... My RAcaseal might be the most stereotypical combination I've made so far. (following Newman Fighter, Newman Gunner, Human Braver, Deuman Techer, and Human Force.) I think Caseals are traditionally gun users (and/or the best ones in PSO2 stat-wise,) but I'm not entirely sure.

But I do know that Human Males are often a.) A melee class; and b.) seem to be the most likely to be manly men out of the fleshie races... or Shonen heroes. Either way, I don't seem to see many FOmars these days. In contrast, a lot of Newman Males seem to be slender pretty boys (mine included.) Either that or they don't exist.

Now I wonder... What other kind of stereotypes are there about races, specific race/gender combos, or even classes? Do certain races or classes have a reputation for attracting certain kinds of people? There are some I'm familiar with, but maybe I'm missing some. Or I could be wrong and players don't seem to pay attention to things like that anymore.

Newman Force? They're so built for casting that the devs are practically begging us to make them casters.

the racial different isnt that much to affect your gameplay, just still noticeable for some degree , especialy when gearin up.

if we follow the racial advantage on offense , that would be Human Braver , Duman Melee , Cast Ranged and Newman Tech.

while racial advantage on HP , nothing have better HP pool than cast.

so in the end... Cast Supremacy?

*has been kicked to sky*
    Ship 2 / Invite ID : 10385482 / Courina

the stereotypes would come from the originl pso , since classes where bound to classes.

hucast was exceptional for mele, but lacked techs.

Racast and Racaseal had the same trait.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

Some people could say it's not significant, but looking at base stats:

65/65 FOTEnewearl : 607 base T-ATK
    65/65 FOTEcaseal : 529 base T-ATK

65/65 BRHUdeuman : 548 base S-ATK
    65/65 BRHUnewman : 517 base S-ATK

Sure, it's "just" 30 points, but when you min-max and are ready to spend millions just for 15 extra attack points, I think the race/class combo becomes an important factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordy View Post
    Some people could say it's not significant, but looking at base stats:

65/65 FOTEnewearl : 607 base T-ATK
    65/65 FOTEcaseal : 529 base T-ATK

65/65 BRHUdeuman : 548 base S-ATK
    65/65 BRHUnewman : 517 base S-ATK

Sure, it's "just" 30 points, but when you min-max and are ready to spend millions just for 15 extra attack points, I think the race/class combo becomes an important factor.
    This is exactly why I'm kicking myself for making a human instead of Deuman.

The 30ish TATK point difference is killing me on the inside.

The gap of 30 points in ATK stats means around a difference of a maybe 100-200 points per hit, at least around the 50s and 60s. When your dealing a couple hundred attacks per map, the damage difference shoots into the X0000's. The gap is more defined at high level and kinda plays a reasonable factor in being 1st in rankings and 5th.

Nvm as level cap grows, and more SP is generated, the multiplicative mechanics of skills will cause the gap to increase more so.
    Last edited by GHNeko; May 25, 2014 at 11:09 AM.

Well the race difference is percentage based so on smaller levels it may be a tiny difference but as the Level cap progresses we might be talking about huge differences.
    The biggest difference that comes to my mind is that Female Newman has 15% more T-Atk than Male Cast.

Kagajibaris are Dezorians Omega-z's Avatar

^ @ XrosBlader821 - it's 10% unless it was changed during EP.2 but doubtful, the extra is caused by equipment which doesn't count. But Sega doesn't know how to balance the races correctly either which causes problems in the mechanics of the game(s).

Update: at Lv.70 M cast is 70 points less, at 552 compared to F Newman at 622. So they get +1 t-atk per lv., Not that much of a difference. The only noticeable difference is in equip's/gear.
    Last edited by Omega-z; May 25, 2014 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega-z View Post
    it's 10%
    Female Newman's have 110% of T-Atk
    Male Casts have only 95% of T-Atk
    The difference is 15%

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

The next character slot I get, I'm making an unnecessarily buff male FOTE CAST.

Oh wait, that was kind of my first character during CBT. Guess it's time for another.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!