Default Questions from an aspiring Gunner/Techer

Anyone care to share their SP builds?

I'm very new to both classes in general. What are the popular/effective PAs for mechs? What kind of weapons do people with these builds go with...aside from Guld Milla (check XD)

Thanks for the tips in advance.

Don't sub techer, hunter sub doubles your damage.

^expect this kind of generic response from a lot of people in PSOW

I've highlighted the benefits of using Gu/Te in another thread. Hopefully it helps:

I've been trying out Gunner/Techer and it seems like a viable alternative to Gu/Hu and Gu/Ra. There are obviously problems with it being significantly weaker than Gu/Hu (as is any other combination), and arguably weaker overall than Gu/Ra, but I believe Gu/Te has enough merits to make it worth using in a lot of situations. I'm not sure if this has already been discussed at length in this thread, but google isn't showing me anything.

This is what I've been making of Gu/Te:
    -Multi Resta complimenting Perfect Keeper, allowing weapons with Perfect Calamity to be a reliable damage boost 100% of the time. Only truly outclassed by Immediate Distruction in that respect, if I'm not mistaken.
    -Element Weak Hit providing a nice (20%?) damage bonus. I'm not quite sure if the 20% is added to overall damage or if it's 20% of elemental weakness damage. I'm also considering different weapon palettes making use of enemy type "hunter" potentials ie machine hunter w/ 50 lightning element.
    -Shifta and Deband's slight improvement with Multi S/D, making casting less of a chore. Both provide fairly decent buffs (?), and party buffing is definitely a plus with Extend Assist regardless of what anyone thinks of S/D for self-buffing.
    -PP Restorate is always welcome, and for Gunners it provides a nice ~35 PP recovery with two stylish roll attacks, which is good for soloing bosses with Infinity Fire when its too dangerous to Messiah Time. PP Restorate + Attack PP recovery = amazing overall PP recovery.
    -Fierce Zondeel and Sazan. These alone make Gu/Te stand out in versatility, and I'm currently exploring ways to use this along with Gunner PAs. Zondeel -> Shift Period is a bit dangerous but has great results. Sazan -> Heel Stab is nice.
    Last edited by branflakes325; Jul 7, 2014 at 08:03 PM.

you forgot how ilzonde can be used for closing gaps.
    Graphics Designer/Product Designer/Illustrator/General handy guy/not taking any requests right now.

If you're looking for serious damage as GU, then look for GUHU or GURA instead. Unless if you're also leveling both/eitheir and TE is a sub for kick as long as the GU tree stay optimal (or multiple skill trees).

As far as suggested skill tree goes, well it kinda depend what you're going to do, mostly gun it up with support tech at fingertips or also cast offensive techs. If doing the 1st, use the cookie cutter GU. If doing the 2nd, also use the cookie cutter, but use showtime/hightime build, since it does affect tech too (I could be wrong, but high time seem to also work after activation even if tmg aren't equipped anymore, but I cannot log to actually test).

Before the DDOS happened, I was leveling for fun as GUFO and I was using this build. Mind you, I was mostly playing as an Sroll Ice mage with the occasionnal GU's PA for the novelty effect, and I was kinda surprised to pull ok'ish damage in SH with 1,8k to 2k by gibarta's tick (+ hit stun) on groups of mob and 8,5k ilbarta on boss (both with shifta drink and shifta). Fun, but not a build I would bring to TA. And that was with a complete snow set affix'ed 60Tatk each, including the TMG (for the extra 45tatk and 3pp from set bonus, only Brauvint got Tatk otherwise).

From experience, even with that Tatk oriented set-up and weak TMG at +10, I could one shot VH Quarry trash mob with Heel Stab or Shift Period, but it required the full PA.

Regarding branflakes325's post:
    -Perfect Calamity latent is better than immediate strike if casting offensive technic from your TMG like I do, same for those Sroll JA latent.
    -EWH does affect the full weapon's damage since Sega changed it months ago.
    -I took the habit of keeping shifta active as GUFO, because I was seeing 1k damage difference with and without for ilbarta, which mattered enough as that build.
    -Nothing to add.
    -Personally, I was doing zondeel, dive roll forward, Sroll back into for a shift period when I was feeling like gunning. The dive roll was doubly usefull, because I was noticing a delay when I would try to Sroll right after zondeel. This strategy would work even better for a GUTE than a GUFO, due to larger zondeel range and matching EWH.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

Ra/Te or the other way around is better support, and Gu/Ra or Gu/Hu is better everything else.

Guld Millas let you keep PK and Fury active all the time, for more damage and easier healing than spending time and PP casting Resta or Megiverse. You could always switch TMGs to make use of ZRA or JA latents when you don't need healing. It's not even a trade-off since the PK latent is weaker, so access to healing isn't a DPS increase.

Taking advantage of EWH is really expensive and doesn't make up for missing Fury Stance.

S/D is nothing compared to a good passive skill. Even with maxed Shifta Advance, the constant upkeep isn't even equivalent to a single 10% damage skill. If you're in a large group but no one else can cast techs, then you could try to buff other players to try and make it worth it, but good luck with that.

PPR gives you an extra 2PP per SRoll. Considering you can get 18PP normally if all your bullets land, that's not a huge improvement. A better argument would be PPC as another mag blast or PPJ trigger, but APPR is plenty for general mobbing.

Zondeel is pretty much the only thing that noticeably helps a tech hybrid class, but if you're solo then the mobs will focus you regardless, and most trash won't need the extra hits from Shift Period using a real subclass. There isn't a good TMG with a enough T-Atk on it, so you can't really make use of the class combo in that way. You'll pretty much switch roles between a weak Gunner and a weak Force as opposed to anything unique or synergistic at all.
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Apostosis View Post
    I'd actually go with something like this

Maxing extend assist isn't worth it because A) It's 9 more points for 1 more max minute, and B) without long time assist you have to cast the tech multiple times anyway. Likewise shifta and deband advanced don't improve the support techs by a noticable ammount, though Deband cut is worth it, especially if you combine it with Guild Millas and all the hyper armor gunners get. Going for EWH and a rainbow pallet of Mech guns like techers already do with wands could help with damage, I'm not sure what to do with those last 5 points but if shifta advanced is important enough super treatment could be dropped for it I guess.

On the gunner side I there's no need to max S-roll up/arts, s-roll up isn't going to have a huge impact on your damage, and you'll almost never use arts. Instead, I'd put those points into chain trigger since it works with techs as well, though, without t-atk mech guns that might not be too useful.

Overall there isn't much synergy between the classes but it's doable I guess.

Why R-Def Up of all things?
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

I didn't even notice that, fix'd. Or as fixed as I can get it. I still dunno what to do with the extra points though.