Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miyuki_Kamiko View Post
    10 pages later and this arguments still going on i guess its always good for those sitting back eating popcorn but for me it's getting stale

[...]
    /thread.

You guys really need to find something better to argue about.

If that's all it took to kill threads, pos-world would be a ghost town
    PSO2 Trivia:
    Crits are bad, m'kay?       Buffs/Heals ignore equipment
    20 Atk ≃ 1% damage     Mass WB = Instant Win    
    Skill Tree Priority Charts || Class Info and Build Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Maronji View Post
    /thread.

You guys really need to find something better to argue about.
    There is nothing better than arguing a fact against people who say it's wrong because of their opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chik'Tikka View Post
    can i request a screen shot from the current version of the game where it says this? i went to watch credits when this thread was made, and it's 99% in chicken scratch as far as i can tell, with exceptions like VARZA Animation Planet, (Spooky Graphic) and nVidia stuff+^_^+
    Go play the game yourself. It should still be available in the story quest.

Even if it's not, that doesn't change that it's currently the only published name. Even if it's been removed, without another name to work with there is no other officially endorsed name.

The act of publishing it, at any point in time, without any other endorsements, makes it the only officially endorsed name.

Sorry you guys don't like words and facts. That sounds like a really hard way of life.

Despite the fact that it makes no difference how it's spelled to the native Japanese audience so long as it sounds the same to them.

The only official name is クロト, and the only accurate translation of the asteroid of the same name is its official English title: Klotho.
    PSO2 Trivia:

Strange, I have yet to see Sega say that that's what his name is based on, and information saying they didn't change his name in specific for some reason or another. That was an observation noted by fans.

This is Sega's name. Not ours. Not the fan translators'. Not the patch makers'. Sega's.

What Sega puts in their own game, is how it is.

You can't walk into somebody else's house and say the walls are the wrong color. It's their fucking house. What they say goes. Sega put that name in the credits? That's what it is until they put in something different.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it. They make the game, they make the rules, you lot take notes and decide if you want to obey their rules or not. But those are still the rules.

When they published that in the credits is when it became the officially endorsed name. The act of publishing the credits is what made it official. There's literally nothing to argue with what I'm saying here. What you keep doing is saying "But I don't like it." and "But it doesn't fit the theme we noticed that Sega never acknowledged." Okay? Did I say you had to? Did I say it had to fit a theme? Did I say you had to call him that? No. I don't care what you call him. Call him Titfingers for all I care.
    Last edited by gigawuts; Jul 19, 2014 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Strange, I have yet to see Sega say that that's what his name is based on, and information saying they didn't change his name in specific for some reason or another. That was an observation noted by fans.

This is Sega's name. Not ours. Not the fan translators'. Not the patch makers'. Sega's.

What Sega puts in their own game, is how it is.

You can't walk into somebody else's house and say the walls are the wrong color. It's their fucking house. What they say goes. Sega put that name in the credits? That's what it is until they put in something different.

No ifs, ands, or buts about it. They make the game, they make the rules, you lot take notes and decide if you want to obey their rules or not. But those are still the rules.

When they published that in the credits is when it became the officially endorsed name. The act of publishing the credits is what made it official. There's literally nothing to argue with what I'm saying here. What you keep doing is saying "But I don't like it." and "But it doesn't fit the theme we noticed that Sega never acknowledged." Okay? Did I say you had to? Did I say it had to fit a theme? Did I say you had to call him that? No. I don't care what you call him. Call him Titfingers for all I care.
    <Qwerty> The proper analogy is walking into a colorblind man's house, who then points to his blue wall and asks, "How do you like my wall? I painted it red." Uh nope.
    <Qwerty> The point being that, to him, he perceives no difference, so to him it is not wrong. To others, however, it is objectively incorrect.
    <Qwerty> maybe also mention that people REALLY should read those Legends of Localization links I posted, because it shoots holes all through the "IT'S OFFICIAL SO GOTTA BE CORRECT NO MATTER WHAT" bullshit

That's not a proper analogy. Localization also doesn't matter because we're not talking about localization. A localization wouldn't have an effect on the source anyway unless they suddenly also started to use the terms the localization used.

...oh my god why am I even still trying to get the point across someone stop me.
    Last edited by Gardios; Jul 20, 2014 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Localization also doesn't matter because we're not talking about localization. A localization wouldn't have an effect on the source anyway unless they suddenly also started to use the terms the localization used.
    Ok, so what you're saying is that the original term is クロト, so it doesn't matter if we localize it as Klotho or Croto or St.Marie because as far as anyone in Japan is concerned, it's still クロト?

Besides, the articles about localization touch on the original material as well. They kind of have to.
    PSO2 Trivia:

馬鹿をシャットダウン! Is what I am getting here.

Yaknow. It's worth mentioning that this whole thread was about the "correct" spelling of his name anyway, not the official one.