Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Simple PS4 Options Translation

I quickly threw these together in paint after seeing a few people ask about the options on the PS4 version. The settings menu is a little bit different from the pc, and it's more detailed than the old guide from the game's beginning here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195744

I used the translations from the english patch for these, and I kept the Japanese in case anyone needs to reference what the words look like for themselves in case they change it again in the future. I'm not sure if these menus look the same on vita or not.

Hopefully it helps even if it isn't very professional.

UPDATE: User paullstanley on reddit created a menu emulator that is compatible with most mobile phones, ipads and all that good stuff. Not fully translated yet but it's a great resource if you need to glance at English names without digging through topics.
    Link is here: http://pso2west.com/emu.html
    Link to reddit topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/commen...ly_ps4_player/

Options

Options menu overview
    Spoiler!

Basic Settings
    Spoiler!

Control Settings
    Spoiler!

Sound Settings
    Spoiler!

Video Settings
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by CocoCrispy; May 28, 2016 at 09:20 PM.

The Phantasy Star wiki! Celebrating over 1000 pages of Phantasy Star goodness~

Incredible! Thank you so much for your hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by leelustig View Post
    Incredible! Thank you so much for your hard work.
    Not a problem at all! Glad it could help! I might add more stuff later when I get some time, but we'll see.

Good work. I'm too lazy to do stuff like this.

wait, PS4 have video options? I wonder if Vita does.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    wait, PS4 have video options? I wonder if Vita does.
    Warframe is like this as well. You can't modify the resolution or anything critical but you can turn on and off some of the bells and whistles if things get a little hairy. I haven't got to play the PS4 version yet so I can't speak for the performance but it's interesting when a developer actually allows users to toggle effects on a console port, usually these settings are locked down and very specifically adjusted for performance.

Ohhhh yis, despite Sega's track record, they actually put forth a lot of care and effort to the ps4 port. I have no idea why but the game doesn't seem to automatically resize the screen to the tv like other games do. I had to manually go to the console's screen settings and change it. Not bad, just a thing I noticed.

Random tidbit, I tried connecting a mouse to my ps4 but the mouse settings were still greyed out. Keyboard options are always available from the getgo though.

Unfortunately I don't have a vita, so I have no idea if it has as many of these settings. Should be roughly the sameish. Maybe.

Since I've seen this guide has gotten a few odd 500 hits (which I didn't expect at all tbh), I decided I'd update the op with a link to a menu emulator an amazing persons on reddit created for ps4 users.

It works on most mobile devices, ipads, all that good stuff so you can just have it out while you casually play on the ps4 if you need it.

Default Thanks

Thanks for sharing my emulator! didn't happen to notice, however until I posted another thread with it.