Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

I've never actually used spread needle before, it looks like it hits in a cone? In that case maybe just use normal attacks for everything, but yes, ordinarily there is a substantial difference between nachtangriff and your normal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kole View Post
    I can't really tell what that BoPh is using but holy.
    Strike gust -> Normal 3 -> Vinto

Honestly, this is what bouncer needs to stand out in the meta. If it gets nerfed... Bouncer doesn't deserve a nerf.

curious, how often are you guys benefiting or just overall use of Quick Cut? I'm considering on dropping it from my tree just because I almost never use it when doing combos etc. it makes me wonder whats the point to it when it takes awhile to even trigger (when i can be doing other combos instead) and kinda of seems to work the best with シュメッターリング (Schumetring?) with just rolling, quick cut, rolling.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    シュメッターリング (Schumetring?)

While we're at it, all Phantom Pa are in German.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm pretty sure it does, based on my experience of changing weapons or using a PA I wasn't and immediately getting tons of gear for a couple of hit before it falls off.
    That's just coincidence, I was monitoring my Gear gauge in the last Persona EQ and found out that Ph Gear fills up by a large chunk when you release built up counter shots. It doesn't seem to get a similar chunk when detonating Markers. So yeah dodging attacks via phantom step, rather than the million i-frames on attacks and Stealth Charge, is the way to go.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Apr 29, 2019 at 06:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Munstar View Post
    After playing and getting used to the Phantom class for a bit now, I've noticed one glaring problem that I can't find an answer to. I feel like I'm doing something wrong when it comes to gear buildup. I get my dark blast long before i build one bar of gear to be able to use phantom time. Is there a hidden mechanic I'm missing or does it really build that slow?
    It feels like counters might be the key, first attempt at Persona I barely got one phantom time and I didn't really use them (didn't understand the timing), now I'm going for counter attacks as much as possible and getting 2-3 PTs per run.

is LoT worth @ lv 1+ ??

95% marker is ok but i wouldn't invest more than 1 SP in that skill, since it only increases the detonation marker power..
    Last edited by NightlightPro; Apr 29, 2019 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    is LoT worth @ lv 1+ ??

95% marker is ok but i wouldn't invest more than 1 SP in that skill, since it only increases the detonation marker power..
    As long as you don't go higher than level 3 it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Ok, a few questions around technique usage, because I pretty much never played Force/Techer (I have them at 75 for class boost, but that was accomplished mostly with a Gunslash and bonus quests). I am mostly looking at Phantom as a subclass, but at the same time I don't want to suck at it while leveling it up.

1). Which techniques should I be using with my rod on Phantom?
    2). Which techniques should I be crafting for Phantom and how?

Thanks.
    I use mostly Brilliant Ilgrants, Ice Fang Ilbarta, Multi Rabarta, Wide Ilzan, Ramegid-0 and sometimes Brilliant Grants to snipe targets

curious, how often are you guys benefiting or just overall use of Quick Cut? I'm considering on dropping it from my tree just because I almost never use it when doing combos etc. it makes me wonder whats the point to it when it takes awhile to even trigger (when i can be doing other combos instead) and kinda of seems to work the best with シュメッターリング (Schumetring?) with just rolling, quick cut, rolling.
    I also find Quick Cut very awkward to use, but if I'm reading the table on swiki right, QC seems to be a net DPS increase when leading from 1 Shift PA to another, and a loss of DPS otherwise. QC from a normal PA seems to suffer from a significantly longer delay than QC from a Shift PA. Not really sure if I'm doing it right, but I usually just spam Folterzeit? and Roseschwelt? until I'm low on PP and do Schumettering+QC or Folterzeit+QC for better DPP. Seems like it's designed to not lose DPS when using Shift PA in particular.
    Last edited by escarlata; Apr 29, 2019 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post

While we're at it, all Phantom Pa are in German.
    Thanks! Now i understand why people is talking about butterfly
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kole View Post
    Umm, I did not think about spread needle's damage buff - I was using it for mobbing because of the huge range. Also I didn't really notice a significant damage increase between rifle PAs and the normal attacks (even shift/nachtangriff didn't seem much stronger)
    Spread needle's AoE is separate from normal attacks, so in an AoE situation the PAs would still be stronger, unless you're fighting weak mobs. The spread shot is mainly good for the insane pp recovery in those situations. Rifle doesn't really have a high damage, fast, safe, single target damage option. Most of its PAs are for utility and AoE situations. A lot of its PAs are best used for building marks quickly rather than direct damage against bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    That's just coincidence, I was monitoring my Gear gauge in the last Persona EQ and found out that Ph Gear fills up by a large chunk when you release built up counter shots. It doesn't seem to get a similar chunk when detonating Markers. So yeah dodging attacks via phantom step, rather than the million i-frames on attacks and Stealth Charge, is the way to go.
    I'm not talking about the counters or marks, I'm talking about using the same techs or PAs on the same group of enemies without killing them and going from like 10-15% of fully charging the gear to like 2-5% after a couple of attacks. That's way too big of a difference to account for one or two enemies dying, or being missed.

Quick Cut recovers 20 pp and goes really far, so it's good for bosses that run around a lot. Escarlata is probably right about the dps though.