Default PSO2 JP Event & Reward Changes Accompanying NGS Release

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.bumped.org/psublog/

PSO2 JP Event & Reward Changes Accompanying NGS Release

With the release of New Genesis in June, the following specifications, events, and campaigns will change for the Japanese version of PSO2.

PlayStation 4 Version
    During the maintenance of New Genesis release, the following changes will occur.

The Title [Phantasy Star Online 2] will be updated to [Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis]
    The application data of PSO2 will be released as DLC.
    In order to play the PS4 version of PSO2, you'll need to install the DLC.
    Termination of PSO2 Login Bonus
    PSO2 Login Bonus will no longer be available when New Genesis launches. Instead, a new Login Bonus will be created for New Genesis.

Items Still Obtainable Through NGS Login Bonus

Free Salon Pass
    Star Gem
    N-Color Change Pass
    Items Obtainable Through PSO2 Arks Missions

The Arks Mission reward contents will be revised upon the release of PSO2:NGS. In addition, they will increase the amount in obtaining the following items.

Tri Boost +100%
    Grind Great Success +50%
    Ability Success Rate +30%
    Lambda Grinder
    Items Obtainable through PSO2 Featured Quests

With the release of NGS, the acquisition rate of the following items will increase for Special Gifts obtainable through Featured Quests

Bonus Key Tokyo [Silver]
    Bonus Key Tokyo [Gold]
    Bonus Key Rappy F
    Along with this change, Bonus Key Magatsu [Silver] and Bonus Key Magatsu [Gold] will no longer be within the Special Gift drop pool.

Bonus Key Tokyo [Rainbow] will get added as a Special Gift.

PSO2 Day Changes
    PSO2 Day will receive some changes with the release of New Genesis. In addition, an event for New Genesis will also be held on PSO2 Day. Details of this event will be revealed in the future.

PSO2 Day Campaign Contents for PSO2

Earned Fun +100%
    Earned EXP +200%
    Rare Drop Boost +200%
    Gathering Fever Rate +100%
    Rare Enemy Arks Rappy
    Item Grind Success Rate +10%
    Ability Affixing Success Rate +15%
    NT Weapon Grind EXP +15%
    PSO2 Day Content No Longer Available for PSO2

PSO2 Day Donuts within the SG Shop, as well as, PSO2 Day Donut presents for Premium Set Players.
    Login Stamp +1 Bonus
    Bonus Key Tokyo [Gold] presents
    ※The 22 Star Gem Ticket (x2) will still be available as a present for PSO2 Day in NGS.

PSO2 Event Lobby and Seasonal Enemy Rotation
    With the release of NGS, the following lobbies and seasonal enemies will be available in PSO2 as follows:

Month Event Lobby Limited Enemies
    Jan New Years Drag Rappy + Noiya Rappy
    Feb Valentines Love Rappy + Love Empe Rappy
    Mar White Day Lovey Rappy + Lovey Empe Rappy
    Apr Sakura Egg Rappy + Sakura Nyau
    May None
    Jun (Part 1) Wedding Frog Rappy
    Jun (Part 2) Sonic Sonic Nyau
    July Tanabata None
    Aug Summer Summer Rappy + Summer Nyau
    Sept Otsukimi Luna Nyau
    Oct Halloween Latan Rappy + Latan Empe Rappy
    Nov Arks Ceremonial Ceremo Nyau
    Dec Christmas St Rappy + St Umblla
    PSO2 Pre-Scheduled Emergency Quest Changes
    With the release of New Genesis,, pre-scheduled Emergency Quests will no longer be available in PSO2. From now on, emergency quests will appear at random.

In addition, the EQ [Primordial Enmity from the Void], will now occur at random.

New Genesis has a policy not to give advance notice for Emergency Quests, except in special cases such as Events and such.

Returning Player Changes
    Certain features for "Returning Players" will no longer be available.

Login Survey
    Obtaining the ★12 Unit Stella Wall
    Returning Player Bonus
    +50% Tri Boost
    An Additional Special Gift
    Returning Player Icon
    Friend Referral System Changes
    With the launch of New Genesis, the Friend Referral System will no longer be available. Due to this change, you will no longer obtain [Arks Badge Blue]. You can still trade in your existing badges at Badge Exchange Shop.

Gender Notation
    Gender notation in PSO2 will change to match New Genesis.

PSO2 After New Genesis
    Gender Motion Standard Type
    Male Type 1
    Female Type 2
    Concerning Boost Events
    Special Ability Affixing Boost Days will no longer be available once New Genesis launches.

In addition, the following events will continue to be held in PSO2:

+100% EXP Boost For All Advance Quests
    +50% Challenge Miles that alternate weekly between [Mission: Start] and [Mission: Decision]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do I get the feeling that they'll pull the plug on the OG PSO2 less than 3 years after NG comes out?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

"Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Garbage.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tymek View Post
    Garbage.
    always has been

no EQ rotation at least ? sega its killing off OG PSO2 definitely

also this is a warning for us to get many aesthethic stuff as posible , like masquerade shoulder ribbon or Elder fins and Loser wings from endless quest

which i should put more effort on it but the solo UQs makes me slack XC

I for one will not be playing Monster Hunter Star Online 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    no EQ rotation at least ? sega its killing off OG PSO2 definitely

also this is a warning for us to get many aesthethic stuff as posible , like masquerade shoulder ribbon or Elder fins and Loser wings from endless quest

which i should put more effort on it but the solo UQs makes me slack XC
    There's still going to be EQs, but they're just going to be completely random, no more scheduled ones.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    There's still going to be EQs, but they're just going to be completely random, no more scheduled ones.
    Which is ridiculous. How hard would it have been to to make a monthly schedule, rotating all popular EQ every week and just keep it that way?
    Spoiler!

I personally don't see any merit in them just closing access to regular PSO2. They went through all the hassle of keeping it tied to NGS by running it off the same client, had to upgrade the engine and for what? A few years of giving people the ability to access PSO2 then cutting it off? Would have been a lot less effort and time consuming just to start NGS separately and just have it access your cloud data, like how ES already does. Even if they did shut down regular PSO2, unlike other PSO games (to my knowledge) there isn't a way to play and experience PSO2 offline, officially.

As for the changes being made to the base game, I don't see any issues with things like removal/migration of aspects like the log-in bonuses and the no scheduled EQs doesn't seem like an issue. Seeing as the target audience for NGS is new players, I doubt many on NGS would care about EQs on regular PSO2 enough to want to have scheduled EQs and global just completely ignores this issue because triggers of all important EQs are easily obtainable. Even currently on PSO2 most daily players tend to ignore most EQs, only ones that really have people running them are things that make people meseta like Cradle and Mothership.

Just my thoughts, makes no sense to me why they would put a lot of effort to keep the game tied to the same client and implement features that go between them if they're just going to deny access to it completely later down the line. A lot of people seem to be upset with the changes just because they're focusing their efforts onto NGS and having regular PSO2 move into a state where it would have little to no maintenance from them as to not set aside workload for PSO2.

baffles me why any of you would be remotely surprised that theyre throwing this game to the side to focus on the newer release and still thinking that theyre going to remotely put any effort into PSO2 anymore, i mean come on
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers