Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Winter update soon and I have been hearing rumours saying there won't be 5* equips coming out. I guess we'll see in a few days in PSO2 headlines livestream.

Like: visual aesthetics
    Dislikes: everything else, sadly.

To me, Phantasy Star Online lost its identity when it chased the MMO crowd instead of being its own thing. Granted, the series always had MMO elements and even featured a paywall back then (Hunter's Licence), but instead of embracing what made PSO and PSO:BB special, I feel like SEGA does the bare minimum.

I actually thing freedom of movement is a bad design choice for this series. It means you have to plan ahead for both horizontal AND vertical combat, which is a bit too much. Take it as you will, but limitations foster creativity. I feel like it's too busy now, with people just spamming attacks left and right with little to no consideration.

a thing i dislike its : what is stopping them from adding the weapon form change feature ? i mean all the models of 12* weapons and below are in NGS

have you ever change any 13* to 15* weapons into any 12* and below ? i already did before NGS by changing an EX atlas rifle into an (10* rifle) steb weapon form and guess what, the steb weapon model looks nice and on normal attacks sound like that weapon .

so once again what is stopping them from adding that feature

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    a thing i dislike its : what is stopping them from adding the weapon form change feature ? i mean all the models of 12* weapons and below are in NGS

have you ever change any 13* to 15* weapons into any 12* and below ? i already did before NGS by changing an EX atlas rifle into an (10* rifle) steb weapon form and guess what, the steb weapon model looks nice and on normal attacks sound like that weapon .

so once again what is stopping them from adding that feature
    pro tip: this game is literally still in early access/beta. thats whats stopping them, this game has quite not officially launched yet, its been obvious since June. they barely managed to get the camo system fixed properly too so transmog stuff isnt a priority right now
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneTechs View Post
    pro tip: this game is literally still in early access/beta. thats whats stopping them, this game has quite not officially launched yet, its been obvious since June. they barely managed to get the camo system fixed properly too so transmog stuff isnt a priority right now
    you are right in that point , the day when weapon form change its available , OG-PSO2 will gain more value for the 12 star weapons and bellow which had crazy and witty apperances .

now that i think about it , i see why lately PSO2es has been adding a lot of weaponcamos lately specially on the drop pools of weeky quest (tower,extreme survival and challenge quest) some are camos for multiple weapons like one camo of the pristine series for example

pros: rappy can now wave at you and free mag skin switching

cons: everything else but specifically the gameplay (more button mashing than pso2), aesthetic and design

i am a global player, never was on jp but loved playing the original pso2, did not get into hardcore content but loved to play every day since windows 10 release. can't stand ngs and wish it never was linked to pso2, has killed off all of the fun of the original and feels like a cashgrab. nothing in the game entices me and the design of the npcs, the outfits and weapons are all highly unappealing and dont feel very "phantasy star online" to me. gameplay feels like hand cramp city with how much you press the same things over and over and not much strategy, not a fan of the open world aspect or the fights. wish i was here for base pso2 years ago

Lets continue:

- Default Multiblock matchmaking which cannot be disabled and robs your Mag Boosts each time it toss you to an empty channel.

- Boosts can't be paused. Their time spending even if you're in Salon or logged out.

- Unadjustable overshoulder camera: personally for me it's just to close - character blocking the view and make a claustrophobia effect a little.

JUST. FUCK. THIS. SHIT.

It's a freaking torture up to 20 minutes wasting each time on starting UQ in a same block to pervent mag boosts diappearing.

That’s probably just a bug, yes?

Anyway, NGS is still the smallest open world game I have ever seen even after the so-called big update.

I have not mentioned it before but I think gathering is unnecessary and just plain boring. I used to have a daily mining route, picking up items along the way and fighting very low level enemies. I honestly just don’t see the fun in that.

PSO should just be TA style party dungeons with ultimate level enemies that drop rares and gatherables randomly over endless repetition.

I have also fixed my problem with boss camera zooming out by just turning the function off and just ticking my lock on whenever I need it.

First big update is a disappointment sadly, I just don’t think this small open world works compared to what the previous games had. It’s missing that fast paced rhythm action I really enjoyed (JA).

Quote Originally Posted by classicburger View Post
    Anyway, NGS is still the smallest open world game I have ever seen even after the so-called big update.
    Let's be honest and say it's still an open beta. But it's really can't be compared in scale and depth with such as WoW, TERA and many others I don't played personally. I beleive they'll add a few more planets after fully opening this one.

Quote Originally Posted by classicburger View Post
    I have also fixed my problem with boss camera zooming out by just turning the function off and just ticking my lock on whenever I need it.
    Yep. Camera is a biggest problem here aside of uncontinuable sessions. Lock-on perspective - Camera still don't work for me. And Boss Camera on bosses like Bujin and Wauron still closing-up instead of zoom-out. It's fcking annoying.