Threaded View

Arcane you don't realize how misguided you are thinking towards console gamers as a whole, and also ignorant to assume I'm a Sony fan, when like you I choose the platform that is convenient and best one for me (Sony consoles happen to be preferred because Nintendo keeps failing at providing hardware, 3rd party support, controls and online quality that its competitors do better, and ports on nintendo platforms are always a downgrade compared to other consoles, nintendo misses out on so many games that require better online and hardware. While Xbox misses out on most eastern games and their populations that prefer things that aren't western games are in the minority, so Sony is really the only platform brand that is the most well rounded in the industry since PS1. ) Unlike you, I don't look at things as just black and white. Unlike you, I understand the pros and cons of PC to the level that PC is not worth the trouble and expenses, and PC gaming has always been more hurdles, troubleshooting and trouble than its worth, otherwise there would be few console gamers and more PC gamers. and PC industry is not as good as it once was when it had physical releases. meanwhile at least consoles still get physical editions for various games, whiel PC is almost entirely digital only. as a whole, console gaming is more advantageous while PC market is corrupted and funneled through things like Steam, costing so many jobs that used to manufacture, distribute and sell physical editions of PC games. Also piracy on PC is still insane. which is why things like DRM/denuvo happened. PC communities are filled with so much parasites and cheapskates and play the victim, while bashing games handed out for free with microtransactions to help profit instead of loss money and get nothing in return.

Also you really underestimate the security difference between console and PC. It's like you are not aware of the countless cheaters and hackers on PC gaming, to the extent even companies like Blizzard been on record in articles of the various cases of cheaters found on PC, and hundreds of thousands of cheaters been banned from PC games compared to console games (just compare Overwatch cheater numbers on the PC side). Generally console gamers really are only at risk with their account is if they use a PC to access an account. I had friend who had their FFXI account and they played on PC and access their account through PC, meanwhile my PS2 friends never had hacks or stolen account issues playing console version of games. it can happen, but its unlikely compared to the amount of PC cases, which is why many times when company site pages talk about PC versions of games, they have guides to prevent account theft and things that commonly happen on the PC side of things. As long as console gamers just use their console to access their game and log in, they are more secure than using a PC, even with security software.

I was mistaken about which version came first on PC vs PS4, but having played PSO Japanese version for a while until I had enough of the language barrier, I found PSO2 is very well optimized on PS4, it has to be considering how long PSO2 been successful, supported and Sega's #1 online game. can't expect flawless online but its definitely next to flawless compared to games like Onigiri and even the choppy Black Desert (though Black Desert requires better hardware than ps4 to run optimally, so its really no one's fault. regardless of performance, Black Desert actually still has a dedicated playerbase on PS4 despite the lower framerate and buy to play model)

So where were we? Oh yes, basically every post you 'contribute' to this topic, you and that other guy are just raining on the parade.

"oh, people that really wanted to play PSO2 should of gotten a PC/Xbox to play it, otherwise they are not a true fan".

well guess what, most people are not going to buy another platform for one game. and it's not like we PSO DC and PSU veterans been sitting on our hands, over the years we been playing numerous games. its great PSO2 english is happening on PS4, and I would not really call it a wait since there wasnt expectations Sega would do the right thing, but ever since Microsoft chipped in to make Xbox port and localization happen, that did increase the chances of PSO2 localization happening on PS4 on time for its 10th anniversary year. So I would say it is great timing cause I experienced and learned great things from other games along the way, so now that I completed a backlog of games, can focus on PSO2 with a fresh community. There are games that took much longer to get ports and localizations. and they still feel like new to newcomers and those that only tasted a bit of it.

"PSO2 is bad and will only hold interest for a few days"

I see that in certain communities, but the reality is some PSO2 veterans are just so jaded, bitter and become toxic to really see the positives. they dont realize how cancerous their negative comments and pessimistic views are of the 'current stage of the game'.

Also you are making a mistake like other games communities been doing like "if I discourage people from supporting and playing this game, that would hurt the game's reception and therefore convince Sega to do better and right the wrongs." That mentality only leads to ruin and destruction of a brand.
    PSO2 NGS doing very well on PS4 english would be better than it flopping. a failed product benefits no one. Look at how complaints towards H1Z1 divided Daybreak to the point of making changes and that upset everyone else that felt the game was fine, and so the game dropped in popularity and usage despite being the game that put battle royale on the mainstream map. the very negative and whiny side of the community ruined it for everyone else.

your solution is destructive and your attitude is what even an anti-fan would do. there's already haters of anything asian developed that want games like these to flop, and you are indirectly supporting that destructive movement.

you think you are not ignorant, but it really sounds like you still don't understand how SEGA works. SEGA has always been stubborn and prefers to do things their own way, sink or swim. notice they still don't get Sonic games right and don't understand how to please everyone without upsetting anyone. It's fortunate that PSO2 actually turned out much better than PSU and much more advanced with things that would make classic PSO proud. it has its faults, but it seems like you have trouble finding enjoyment in anything and only focus on the bad.

It makes one wonder why you would even participate in a PSO2/NGS topic in the first place cause clearly it is not as good or designed as you expect them to be. so basically its really not for you.

TL/DR: its you guys that came here with such hostility, elitism and pushing negative viewpoints, you haters could just as well be mistaken for anti-fans that pretend to be PSO series fans. its bad enough old school PSO purists think anything that isn't classic PSO is bad. The lack of appreciation for PSO2 is clear among you.
    Last edited by Saner; Jul 28, 2022 at 06:14 PM.