Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Misprints"

Flat Land and Blade Dance

These two cards have a discription that has nothing to do with what or how they act, either online or off. FlatLand states that "summoning creatures will cost no Action Points" yet the actions of this card are not that, only what the PSOW database says (which is making me post this).
    Blade Dance has Insanity on it, it loses 1 HP per enemy it defeats, yet it instead acts as though it has Steady Damage on it, your Story CHaracter loses 1 HP at the beginning of your turn.

I'm asking if anyone else has found any other cards that are "misprinted", so we can inform more people and maybe have a seperate section in the database for these inaccuracies.

Another Note: Bartle says it deals "1.5x damage when attacking characters of 8HP or higher" yet it still only delt four to anything 8 HP or higher (it should deal 6).

Well I was in a tournament which had us facing the computer and a COM Sil'Fer equipped God's Shield Genbu, no assist cards whatsoever.. anyway she would then attack unarmed.. from the other side of the map... and it would hit /everone/ on our side. Very creepy.

PS: I'm not sure if it was the shield, but no assist cards to do that had been played and that's all she had equipped. It was very wierd and the card has no text saying it does anything like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2004-03-11 15:52 ]</font>

Burning Ranger

Skorpius: Yeah, I've got the Japanese version with an incomplete Japanese tranlation of the cards and mine is the same. However, I'm amazed that the western release has the same mistakes, I really am.

Ruby-chan: Yeah, God Shield Genbu works like that. If you do a long distance attack to hit it the attacker still gets the bonus of the range but doesn't get any of the damage bonus.

Jools

Split Boost- I'm fairly certain it would most likely be "Spirit Boost", but I haven't seen the Japanese card for it.

T-Assassin's Sabers-

Chainsword- Inconsistency

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Flat Land and Blade Dance both work how they work in the DB. In case you didn't know, I'm the one responsible for translating just about all the cards in the DB.

I still have to go back through and check for mistranslations, I know there were a few, a lot of times I threw something up that was likely right when I didn't know for sure, since I didn't have the card to check, and now I know for sure what the cards do.

As for T-Assassins Sabers, Navi I think pegged it in another thread, it's for "Twin".

Spirit Boost *IS* Spirit Boost. ST's translators are morons that apparently can't check their own work.

Chainsword (Chain Sawd?)- Inconsistency? Hmm?

On 2004-03-12 00:13, Arislan wrote:
    Flat Land and Blade Dance both work how they work in the DB. In case you didn't know, I'm the one responsible for translating just about all the cards in the DB.

I still have to go back through and check for mistranslations, I know there were a few, a lot of times I threw something up that was likely right when I didn't know for sure, since I didn't have the card to check, and now I know for sure what the cards do.

As for T-Assassins Sabers, Navi I think pegged it in another thread, it's for "Twin".

Spirit Boost *IS* Spirit Boost. ST's translators are morons that apparently can't check their own work.

Chainsword (Chain Sawd?)- Inconsistency? Hmm?
    Yeah Chainsawd became Chainsword. Just inconsistent from game to game, but I suppose that's a Phantasy Star trademark

On 2004-03-11 15:51, Ruby-chan wrote:
    Well I was in a tournament which had us facing the computer and a COM Sil'Fer equipped God's Shield Genbu, no assist cards whatsoever.. anyway she would then attack unarmed.. from the other side of the map... and it would hit /everone/ on our side. Very creepy.

PS: I'm not sure if it was the shield, but no assist cards to do that had been played and that's all she had equipped. It was very wierd and the card has no text saying it does anything like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ruby-chan on 2004-03-11 15:52 ]</font>

That happens when they use Virus with Genbu Shield on. Genbu ignores action cards, so when virus targets it and everything else, that happens. Genbu shield must be attached to the person using Virus tho. otherwise the attached shield to you will just get hit for 3 damage.

Flatlands doesn't let you set things for free. Rather, it DOES let you set a monster anywhere on the map you choose to, provided the spot is open. Tested this quite a few times now. Really nifty when you can drop something big and nasty right beside the opponent's Arkz

No no they weren't using any action cards whatsoever. They just put the shield on and would attack without an action cards, doing 3 damage to everyone on our team.

Its not going to show when they use Virus with a genbu shield on, its just going to show her attacking everything. You will need to check the card log to see it.