Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Could someone compile a step by step tutorial on how to get blue burst up and running in one post? I'm confused because 3 threads and 20 pgs to sort through is a bit confusing and daunting since I can't read Kanji/Japanese.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hollowtip on 2004-05-23 16:42 ]</font>

Any ideas whats going on for my friend? Her PSO BB auto closes on her when she runs it

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

Majorly updated the FAQ with a lot of questions I've gotten from PMs, IMs, and such. Moved it offsite for now, we'll see about making into a FAQ onsite in a while. The FAQ itself is bare bones, I don't really want to spend the time sprucing it up and making it look pretty, just needs to do it's job. Anything else that needs to be answered, keep going right ahead and asking!

I got it so it runs, but it plays like crap and the graphics suck

Anyone got a spare videocard they dont need anymore? lol.

Still having problems with login, and none of the methods in the FAQ work. >_<

try pressing alt+enter on the keyboard
    Nothing happens.

1) Right click the EN or JP icon in the taskbar
    I can't right click the icon on my taskbar. Nothing happens at all. I can't change language in the Regional Settings either, as Japanese is not given as an option.

One thing I can do is press alt+shift. This brings up a little message in japanese (I assume) to the left of the login area. I tried taking a screenshot, but it didn't show up, so I attempted to draw what I saw (rather poorly). This is what the message looks like to the best of my abilities:

I'm running Win ME with the latest Japanese IME I could find. Somehow I got the language icon to finally pop up in my taskbar while at the desktop (it was previously only available in IE) and I tried to change it to Jpn before starting the game, but it seems to change the language back.
    Heeeelp!

I've been referred here for help by a friend. My problem is that I can't seem to log in to PSO BB at all. I can input my username and password but once I select the top item in the main menu it goes to what I can only assume is an error screen. At the top is "No908" in parenthesis and Japanese text below that sadly I cannot read. If anyone could help me, that'd be awesome.

Pink Haired Gothic Lolita Arislan's Avatar

That would be the same screen that is recieved from not being able to connect to eh patch server. The error is that the server may be down for maintenance. Far more likely is that there is something keeping you from connecting on your end, such as a firewall. Check for and disable any firewall programs that you may have running, and see if you can connect then. Windows XP itself has a firewall program as well, make sure you disable this as well.

As for Astuarlen, try uninstalling and reinstalling the IME, then choosing JP as a default language, or pressing alt shift in that menu. The pic you drew shows that it should now be attempting to type in half width romaji characters, which is good, but the program still isn't recognizing the input, which is of course, bad.

Thank you Arislan, I appreciate your efforts. The PSO force is strong within you.

So seeing this on the ID login is a good thing?
    (borrowing your picture there).

I see that text mentioning something about halfwidth, it seems... and I am able to input my ID name and password.

When I attempt to log on, I get the 904.
    Maybe the server is down, but it seems unlikely.
    I have my ZoneAlarm off and it would seem my built in WinXP firewall is also off. The error 904 points out that something is incorrect with my Game ID and Password. I tried variants of the password but with no luck. How many characters are the passwords? The email I had was a bit jumbled, so I had to guesstimate where the password started due to patterns associated with the username. I will continue to experiment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-05-23 23:21 ]</font>

I disabled my software firewall and was still unable to get past that screen. I am connected through a NAT router, would I have to forward any ports to make it work?