Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

On 2004-06-04 08:41, -Nisshoku- wrote:

And Shim? You really need to calm down a bit...That explosive temper of yours isn't all too lady-like.
    Hooray for sexism. If I were Shim, I'd punch you in the mouth for saying crap like that.

And Ep1&2 actually has a way better storyline. It's just that you actually have to look for it and piece it together, and people are too goddamned lazy to do that and want it spoon-fed to them.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

She's got every right to be angry this time. Seriously, the Gather tourney to date is not a show of skill, or sportsmanship, but a show of who can cheat better, and be cheaper than anyone else. If anyone WANTS to be in the finals it requires either A) Cheating/cheapness or B) Extreme luck. At least, on the Japenese side. I didn't even really try today, and was ranked around 50th before I got bored and quit it.

If I had only played on my US version ^.-

Point is, it's just not fair to try your best, wake up several hours early, or skip a class, only to have the chance to win taken away by a person with 2 or 3 Gamecube's, in addition to cheating by registering in every block, and telling people to leave, or that their partner's would be meet them in another block.

However, ST completely, 100%, wholeheartedly fosters this type of play, by not censuring it in anyway. If you can buy multiple Gamecube's, multiple copies of PSO Ep.3, and get friends to lose so you can win, well, they get money in their pockets, and know we'll all continue to play, because even if one of us, or twwnty, or fifty or a hundred, quit on principal, others will take our place, and there will really be no loss to them. I would say in general, they've already made the bulk of their profits off of PSO Ep.3, and with Blue Burst full version and PSU in the works, focusing their energies elsewhere, instead of fixing their problematic Ep.3.

I still say a PSOW organized tourney, with explicit rules wouldn't be a bad idea.

Well Ian-Kun, I know I'd more than liely deserve it, but it was the only rational thing I could think up on short notice. *shrugs*

As for the PSOW tourney? I'd be game for that.
    I'm still around.

Pfft, as a hardcore Ep.1-2 and Ep.3 player, IMO Ep.3 has the better story ^_^ But that's not for this thread Start a new one, and i'll reply there

As far as the different ladders, it seems that it's only for the purpose of which rank you are for your region only. The actual qualifiers seem to be figured out from the combined list of the JP and US.

On 2004-06-03 12:25, GreenPal wrote:
    They were keeping track, Look.

- NOBUchan xxxxxxxx87 9600
    - Rutia xxxxxxxx58 9600
    - Yuffie xxxxxxxx79 7200
    - Rain xxxxxxxx94 7200
    - URZA xxxxxxxx78 5700
    - Nei 4th xxxxxxxx15 5700
    - MALKAVIAN xxxxxxxx63 5700
    - White Ray xxxxxxxx79 5700
    - YujiNaka xxxxxxxx22 5700
    - HEATHCLIFF=F xxxxxxxx08 5700
    - NANA xxxxxxxx69 5700
    - DIO xxxxxxxx44 5700
    - Yuki Katase xxxxxxxx64 5600
    - Billie Joe xxxxxxxx43 5600
    - zeno xxxxxxxx34 5500
    - D.D xxxxxxxx87 5500
    - ALUHT=AIZEN xxxxxxxx10 5500
    - Fantasy eve xxxxxxxx73 5500
    - Student xxxxxxxx00 5400
    - [*:soppu:*] xxxxxxxx90 5400
    - y.s:Eddie xxxxxxxx77 5400
    - Teacher xxxxxxxx32 5400
    - typeYoshi xxxxxxxx98 5400
    - GOU-CB xxxxxxxx53 5400
    - Nalia xxxxxxxx28 5400
    - Napoleon xxxxxxxx21 5400
    - Chibi-CIEL xxxxxxxx53 5400
    - KEN xxxxxxxx03 5400
    - Tensverg xxxxxxxx09 5400
    - Link xxxxxxxx93 5400
    - MELODY xxxxxxxx32 5400
    - Angelica* xxxxxxxx31 5400
    - EPICA 03 xxxxxxxx00 5400
    - myu xxxxxxxx84 5400
    - Salad xxxxxxxx20 5400
    - SINOBI xxxxxxxx13 5400
    - Xamos xxxxxxxx61 5400
    - Revilo xxxxxxxx24 5400

ST has me and my partner on their list.

http://www.sonicteam.com/psoep3/gather/gcup01.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GreenPal on 2004-06-03 12:27 ]</font>
    So, the US ladder most likely doesn't mean much of anything, except how you rank against over US players in the qualifiers. So, top 16 US players would not necessarily be able to enter.

Um.. Nei 4th is not COM basher. Neither his teammate HEATHCLIFF=F

They are KING ranked. And I always see them tourneying in Mintaka 2.

In extreme situations people become more dirty. I can't count how many people did the register everywhere thing. Most of the teams in every ship were cause that. Before i was in 8/32 tourney and it became all COM except my team

Malk, yeah, that happened to me on Day 2. I was in 4 tourneys, *ALL* COM based. I saw people sign up,l expected to face people... then nothing. It gave me some good Gather Points. ^_^

On 2004-06-04 11:13, Malkavian wrote:
    Um.. Nei 4th is not COM basher. Neither his teammate HEATHCLIFF=F

They are KING ranked. And I always see them tourneying in Mintaka 2.

In extreme situations people become more dirty. I can't count how many people did the register everywhere thing. Most of the teams in every ship were cause that. Before i was in 8/32 tourney and it became all COM except my team
    Malk, Nei 4th was multi registering in ship 2 without his partner. I guess once he found a free ship his partner would join.

- Shimarisu

Look Shimarisu I am sorry for posting here I did not know that if you got banned on one account you were just never allowed to post here again. It's my mistake and if you wish I will not post here again but I do find this site useful for looking up on news for PSO and especially as I am in the final now and will be using this site to check where I need to go and at what times I would apreciate not being banned. Also Arion the first day or so when you participated you were joining up to every tournament in a ship aswell, just you didn't have as good luck as others like NOBU and then you seem to start going crazy about the whole thing which isn't really fair. Basically the tournament is set out badly yes and basically these last three days have just been a COM bashing challange to get into the final, then we will see who the real skill lies with. By the way I finished first overall above of NOBU as you will see tommorow on the official site. Good day to you all, and well played everyone. =)

I don't mind if you post here but just wanted to say, don't take it personally if you are IP banned. It's worth a warning. There is even a rule that if you keep coming back they will send a complaint to your IP. To be honest I'm surprised you are still here, after admitting that you were Fantasy Eve (guessed you didn't know about the rule).
    But apparently not all the mods can ban you.

Anyway I know I did COM bash, and thank you for saying I was not so lucky. Because Billie will now delight in calling me a noob. I actually thought I could get into the top 32 as I was under 50. But yeah, I thought it was bullshit, there needs to be stringent rules for tournys in future. I doubt there will be though. But, I will try again next tourney and let's hope it won't be QUITE so affected by COM bashing as this one.

It's not so much the COM bashing that annoys me though. It's the limited time to claw back if you DO get knocked behind. Heck I was knocked down so bad in Famitsu but managed to climb back up again. And admittedly Famitsu was bullshit too, we were all playing each other, and we realised it was pointless. Then we all split up and got our own ship to COM bash on. EVERYBODY did it, and we had to. Only those able to stay up all night got a sniff at that final tourny, which I believe I would have got a lot further in had I not faced Ring's slime deck in the second round. Goddamn him, indeed.

You could argue it was caffiene rather than skill that got me into Famitsu, but then again apart from Ring all the people in the cup were good players who deserved to be there. Even the guy who I saw with 3 friends who would let him beat them in the first and second rounds. It doesn't take an idiot to see that Sega's system is bullshit and these were clans who had nominated their BEST player to be boosted like this. And that only players confident of their skill would do this sort of stupid exploit anyway - why exploit and then be humiliated by how crap you play in the cup? What needs to be removed is the exploit. The good players will still get into the cup, I believe. And until then I'll have to resort to COM bashing, because you and I both know I deserve a chance at the cup, I'm a good player and I want to prove my skill.

Though of course we all know that the cup will be ruined again by another Arkz playing cheap-ass.

- Shimarisu