Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Okay, I've decided to recreate my Hucaseal as a Racaseal, since out of 5 chars (counting that Hucaseal) I'd have 3 HUs, 1 RA, and 1 FO... and didn't quite feel like having another HU to level for a while... and also wanted at least one droid.

That leaves Racast and Racaseal, and I'm thinking of trying Racaseal, since my brother has a 172 Racast anyways, SO...

I'm mostly wondering about an ID that would be good for what I have (ie, allows me to find more "new" things compared to the other IDs I have and such).

Main chars at the moment are:
    Bluefull Humar
    Skyly Hunewearl
    Whitill Fonewm
    Purplenum Ramarl

I'm thinking of making a Redria Racaseal, but I'd figure I'd check here beforehand in case there's a better choice I could make.

Thanks.

EDIT: I know mostly what IDs get what and such, but I guess I'm trying to figure out if making a Redria would be a waste (given what I have) or better spent on a different ID.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-02-11 00:55 ]</font>

Well.. Redria is a nice ID. I have a Redria RAcaseal. But bot rangers are quite good for towers, that's why I made my RAcast Viridia for PW#4..

Ofcourse it would also depend on what kind of stuff you are looking for yourself, but, yeah, you know how to use guides. You know most things about this game yourself, so.

By the way. Your sig is really cool.

If you don't want a RAcast, then RAcaseal, yeah.

Redria or Viridia, both are good.

One thing, though, you better get back online, RAcaseal offline, even tweaked, sucks.

On 2005-02-11 02:46, Kef wrote:

One thing, though, you better get back online, RAcaseal offline, even tweaked, sucks.
    i agree with kef. My most recent character is a Redria RAcast. Having him tweaked to clear the offline episodes wasnt too bad. I had soo much fun during the hard and very hard stages since racasts are tanks. I cant speak much of RAcaseals since ive never played one. My vote goes for racast. Hope you enjoy them.

(optional)

On 2005-02-11 03:45, Vielka wrote:

i agree with kef. My most recent character is a Redria RAcast. Having him tweaked to clear the offline episodes wasnt too bad. I had soo much fun during the hard and very hard stages since racasts are tanks. I cant speak much of RAcaseals since ive never played one. My vote goes for racast. Hope you enjoy them.
    RAcaseal are also tanks (that why I named mine tank XD) just look at the def RAcaseal can solo offline but since she lacks techs and ATP it's hard, but still fun. Online she rocks with lvl 30 s/d/j/z. My racaseal is also redria and there's only one con: Piping lavis is pure hell >.> And RAcaseal had the best looks IMO

Hm.

Honestly, I'd suggest Viridia. Much as I like Redria, Mix, I don't see you as having much need for it. You obviously play online, or else you'd have a Redria already (to acquire God/Battles for your other HUs and RAs, if nothing else), which gives you access to other people's Redrias. And RAcaseals aren't exactly designed to fight Hildetorrs or pipe Pouilly Slimes, which takes care of two of the best reasons to be a Redria.

As for the experience of being a RAcaseal...yeah, it's tough. ^_^ Even tweaked, you'll get very familiar with the experience of doing too fragging little damage. And although they have the second-highest HP in the game, you won't be seeing any of those at low levels. About the only thing they have over a RAcast is their ATA and the fact they don't make that horrible headache-inducing clomping sound. Well, that and they're cute.

So I'd go with Viridia, a solid Ranger ID with some nice unique and/or easy drops. If you're feeling creative you might try Oran or Yellowboze, but Redria might be better than those, anyway. Most everything good about Greenill you already have largely covered by Purplenum (and your Skyly can even deal with a Justy fetish ^_^, while your Bluefull even has the Holy Ray drop), and...well, let's not mention Pinkal for an android Ranger.

Chimera of the Sands

A proper RAcaseal controlled by a decent player with decent equipment can be a deadly. Even off-line. *coughs* Frozen Shooter *coughs*

On 2005-02-11 08:26, Zelgadis wrote:

A proper RAcaseal controlled by a decent player with decent equipment can be a deadly. Even off-line. *coughs* Frozen Shooter *coughs*
    Unfortunately, she'll still be inferior to a RAmarl, RAcast, or RAmar of equivalent level, equipment, and skill, though, which I think is what he meant. It's certainly what I meant--RAcaseals are the worst of the Rangers, stat-wise.

RAcaseal is the worst class out of the3 RAs (and imo the game).
    Even if your brother does have a 172 RAcast, going for one of those would be better >.>.
    SJ

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

On 2005-02-11 09:11, SJ wrote:
    RAcaseal is the worst class out of the3 RAs (and imo the game).

3 Ra's? And here all along I thought there were 4.
    Besides, how is a Racaseal worse than a Racast?
    Seeing as how I played literally every character in the game at one point, I have found that, despite the fact that Racaseals are a hair weaker than Racasts, they have far better ATA and they can take a hit better. Plus they aren't butt fugly and have those size 90 shoes.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.