View Poll Results: when i first joined the site i cood use the chat rooms... then i stated the fact that i used hacked

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • It is unfair

3 23.08%
  • it is fair

10 76.92%

when i first joined the site i cood use the chat rooms... then i stated the fact that i used hacked items and that i knew how to dupe-- the room *said* all these things about me hacking and duping even though i didn't explain how i duped all i did was state the fact that i cood and i didnt say i hacked just that i used hacked items... i have no idea how to hack pso. I got banned for some reason soon after..... i want to know if i got a permanent ban or not since i cant go in the forums now---- i am irratated since i didnt do anything rong--- i am not the only person on this site who openly admits they cheat so why do i get banned from chat rooms for doing just that??? is my ban unfair?

Hi,

I'm going to point you to a couple threads that may explain your situation:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...=48740&forum=6

On 2005-07-26 19:01, KodiaX987 wrote:
    Hey guys! The new server is called ForeverChat and Arislan is busy sorting out the last details with the site admins so that the java chat can get updated and point to the new place. In the meantime, there's still a few of us stationed back there at stinky ol' EFnet. mIRC and X-Chat users should move straight away to the new server. If it isn't listed, download the latest server file for your chat client.

While we're waiting for that, I'll go right ahead and explain a revamped version of the rules. No more shall newbies have to read through tons of pages of sub-sectioned drivel! Instead, the rules are simply those:

House Rules: Be nice, be honest, type correctly, have fun. Don't be a pest.
    Now, for the longer version:

• Be Nice! Respect others just like others respect you. Keep your cool, keep your good humor, and I guarantee things will flow smoothly. If you have a question, it is considered good form to do some research on Google or the PSOW site and forums before using the chat.
    • Be Honest! We don't care about gender, orientation, religion or whatever. We don't need to see a persona; we want to see the real you. Don't be afraid of being yourself, buddy!
    • Type Correctly! The chat isn't a race. Though it may seem quick at times, don't worry - we'll still remember what you've said even if it was written five minutes ago. Take the time to properly write your sentences, with capitals and punctuation, and avoid netspeak and other contractions. Taking the time to properly type is a mark of respect to those you are chatting with.
    • Have Fun! We don't just talk about PSO; we talk about tons of other stuff! Games, computers, sports, the world, the newspaper, vacuums, anything at all, from the tiniest of subjects to the ultra-not-work-safe. Don't be afraid to join in the fun!
    • Don't be a Pest! Well, I think you understand by now.

Cheating, duping and hacking are highly frowned upon, both in the forum and in the chatroom. If you do hack, we don't want to know you do. It's "Don't ask, don't tell." While it's not a rule per se, boasting about hacked items is guaranteed to decrease your public image.

Since a few of us (and especially those in the chatroom) used to be Version 1 players, the version that saw the most incomprehensible hacks, it's needless to say we've become very, very bitter against all forms of cheating on PSO.

I'll also go on a limb and guess that you also missed out on the "type correctly" rule.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Besides, there were other reasons behind your banning, and I'd rather not get into them here. PM me if you like.

uhh i got a question........how come i cant even get into a chat rooM?, i tried to go into on of the channels and then when i entered, bam, i got kicked out.......i dont understand it

Try PMing one of the managers for the chat channel. Also, don't reply to threads this old. It is considered to be bumping and is a violation of forum rules.