Page 1 of 21 123411 ... LastLast

Big News: GC Rare Items Exact Locations Found.......(Part 2: Everyone has a Rare for You!)

In this second part of my theories for treasure hunting in PSO I will discuss quick topic that has caught my attention as of late. I believe that all monsters have the ability to carry RARE items. I noticed this while building up this weekend in V.hard Mines. I used a hell ray gun to speed though the Mines repeatedly and never really ventured anywhere else. In my travels I found the following RARES:

VERY HARD MINES; REDRIA ID

1.) Gillchics dropped Pro Regenerate Gear

2.) Canadines dropped Diska of the Liberator

3.) Dubchics dropped Cure Paralysis

4.) Sinow Beats dropped the Sinow Beat Arm

5.) Sinow Golds dropped ???

6.) Garanz dropped ??? but my friend said he got something but I forgot what

7. + 8.) Boxes dropped Kaldabrogs and Custom Rays 00

I generally found about 2 of each item and they always came from the same enemy. This leads me to believe that if you spend a bit of concentrated time in a certain area you’ll see that all the enemies carry rare items some are just harder to get (or the enemy just has a lower drop rate). If you could get people organized and assign to people search certain areas on a particular difficulties with certain section ids it would be possible to compile the best item faq ever for PSO. I may happen or it may not. Anyway, if you have anything to add in terms of findings or experiences, corrections, info on my first theory, or theories of your own that are related feel free to post. As usual, good luck with all your treasure hunting...

One important fact that needs to be noted about this theory is that what is dropped varies depending on the section ID. A prime example of this is in the Hard Forest. I've concentrated with three IDs in that area so far and discovered the following:

Oran...
    Gigobooma drops Blade Dance
    Hildebear drops Flowen's Sword (replica)

Skyly...
    Gigobooma drops Flowen's Sword (replica)

Bluefull...
    Gigobooma drops ? (haven't found this yet, but I'm assuming it'll be Brionac)
    Hildebear drops Brionac.

Therefore one can assume that the Gigobooma on Hard mode will always drop a special based on the ID, as related to version 1 and 2 (ie. purplenum will find special mechguns, pinkal will find special wands, etc.).

There's also the possibility that one critter in one difficulty in one ID may drop more than just one special. It wouldn't surprise me if this is possible and that there's a relatively easy one and a relatively difficult one to find, but I have yet to see one critter drop more than one special item thus far to bring this theory to fruition.

HUcast at Heart

I'm a Purplenum and a gigobooma dropped a branch of paku paku which doesn't fit my ID at all.

On 2002-11-17 22:59, BladeofDarkness wrote:
    I'm a Purplenum and a gigobooma dropped a branch of paku paku which doesn't fit my ID at all.
    Which difficulty? I'm only referring to Hard in regards to the Gigobooma in the previous message.

In Bluefull normal, found about 6 Brionacs in normal, must be due to ID (1st special of type) In V.Hard, found total 3 Vjayas in caves I believe, also fits section ID (2nd special of type). Now, would Ultimate have third special of type ID? If so, what about Yellowboze?

Also, just because you find something other than what the ID implies doesn't necessarily mean that is the way it will work most of the time. Sometimes the rare items indeed pop randomally no matter what creature it is.

HUcast at Heart

Vhard, but in hard they always drop blade dances.

Flying high in the sky with a fly in your eye.

On 2002-11-17 21:17, VulpesMundi wrote:
    Oran...
    Gigobooma drops Blade Dance

NOT TRUE! NOT TRUE! LIES! LIES!
    im an oran and i never saw those in hard untill the mines and ruins.
    'All tales end in tragedy. Follow the hero long enough, you'll step across his corpse.'
    Survivor of TWO live Gwar performances.

Those charts are a nice start thnx Broken Hope. In response to Vulpes Mundi: you are right enemies do have a chance to carry multiple items. Example: Gillchics, v.hard mines Redria dropped both the prot regenerate gear and a diska of the liberator for me.

this is very noteworthy and is going on sticky. keep adding to the list you guys, and we'll assemble a guide to include all the section id findings