I recently got back into PSO after a long, long hiatus and now that I finally got to Ultimate I'm having a ridiculous amount of trouble staying alive against Barba Ray. It's both infuriating and baffling because I don't remember ever having this problem before.

Basically, if one of his little Pig Ray things hits me, I'm as good as dead. It doesn't knock me down, just stops me in my tracks, allowing the following ones to rush my ass and after 4 or 5 hits I'm dead. Once in a while I can get a healing item between the hits, but most of the time I'm instantly dead with one little mistake like that. It's incredibly frustrating since I can never go to actually hit Barba Ray unless I'm absolutely sure they won't pop up, cause if I'm in the middle of attacking when they do then I'm dead for sure.

And I don't remember having this problem in any of my previous playthroughs so I don't know what gives. I'm a Lvl. 92 HUcaseal playing on Offline/One Person mode. I've tried all sorts of combinations to see what works best, including decreasing my DEF a lot in hopes the first Pig Ray will just knock me down, but no matter they always kill my ass if I slip up for one second at all.

So yeah, any advice? Equips to prevent their attacks? Anything? Please, he's killed me like 10 times in a row now and it's driving me insane. And please don't just say "Dodge al the Pig Rays". I've managed to do that 2 or 3 times, but it's like 1 in 10 tries. I need something better than that.