I'm mainly on PSO2 now, but to be honest I only play it because there's nothing else that interests me. The game really doesn't interest me as much as PSO did. With PSU although I didn't think much of the game, I had a lot of friends who made it fun. Unfortunately many of them don't play PSO2 because of various reasons. I stick with one or two friends who do play it and just try to stay interested, which admittedly is becoming harder and harder. I did try going back to that well known private server for PSOBB but I can't play it anymore. It feels so ancient and clunky that I think I'm done with it. Hopefully PSO2 improves over time but it's as flawed as PSU, if not worse.

I recognise a lot of the names in that list, not really people I played with but fairly well known. I think the EX missions in the 1UP cup were some of the highlights but overall I look at PSU as a massively flawed game that was only fun because of a group of friends. I didn't realise it'd been that long since the servers closed to be honest.