Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I miss the election by one month. Good stuff.

LBP, is there any reason you're saying McCain is the devil's incarnate? I'm rooting for Obama myself but both candidates emit the fake politician aura to such an extent that neither are particularly great to choose.

@TOH: We went through Desert Storm because Saddam felt that he could simply take Kuwait without opposition. If we left that situation alone, Kuwait would've been successfully taken as the 19th province of Iraq and odds reveal Saddam would've fought for more land. Plowing the living Hell out of Iraq was the right call. Our current issue in Iraq is that the country is not 100% with our Democratic ideals. In my opinion, we should pull out and allow Iraq to build back in order to deblazen Iran.

I understand the reasons for the current war in Iraq and Desert Storm are different; but leaving before things aren't finished is what I'm getting at.

And my opinion is that Bush did a fairly decent job, given the incredibly horrid hand he was dealt. Sure, some things could have been handled better, but so it goes. No one is perfect, and every president makes mistakes. Tends to happen when you are in arguably the single most stressful job on the planet.

As for the upcoming election, here's my two cents: Lawyer/"activist" against military veteran. Career politician against "hockey mom." Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, Obama and Biden, not Bush, McCain, or Palin, may as well be "the Devil," to use the OP's own "educated" term. I don't exactly buy that notion of "hope" and "change," at least not from any of the candidates we have up there this time around.

(EDIT: Sorry if that came off as a little too grating, LBP, but politics tend to bring out the worst of the cynic in me.)

you did not come off hard to me at all thats your opinion however I always felt that the UN respected us most because of our display of democracy not our display of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylie View Post
    I still feel a bit sorry for Bush. A lot of stuff has happened during his presidency that would make anyone look bad. I mean, he isn't our best president, but I don't think he deserves a lot of the blame he's gotten either. And before someone quotes me, bolds and super sizes their response, let it be known that I, Kylie, will be voting blue this election. Not that it really matters because my state will be red guaranteed. Honestly, I'm more concerned about the senator race in my state.
    I agree. Bush bashing is more of a stupid fad now, lots of people jump into it and make jokes and really have no idea wtf they are talking about really.

I mean geez, Katrina, 9/11, and tons of national / worldwide disasters have fallen us during his presidency, thats just bad luck D=

Also, I pity people calling Obama a savior. Thats even more idiotic than the people who outright say hes the anti-christ (which I guess is actually possible, if you know enough about the predictions of the anti-christ, but I don't necessarily think he is).

I think McCain is a nice and likeable guy, but I'm not 100% confident in his ability to be president.

Obama, on the other hand...something about him just rubs me the wrong way. He appears out of nowhere (popularity wise - even if he was in government a few years, no one knew who the hell he was until he ran for President), makes all these promises, and even though hes constantly changing his opinion on things and even has questionable remarks made by his wife in some speeches, he has all these people eating out of his hand like they're retarded dogs.

Seems suspicious to me. No, not in a "CONSPIRACY" way, just, as TOH said, extreme ignorance. Hes feeding people the giant tube of shit they want to hear and turning everyone into zombies (metaphorically, before I get someone quoting me and saying something retarded)

Oh, and tons of people are voting for him just because he's black. What? Don't believe me? Okay:

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneHero View Post
    All right, all right, I'll play along.

Oh yeah, LBP, did you know Bush proposed a plan several years back to try and fix up the economy then? McCain voted for similar plans in recent years as well. Guess who shot it down?
    The problem with that is that you cant fix the economy and continue to waste billions of dollars on a war thats no longer required. Actions speak louder then words...

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha379 View Post
    I agree. Bush bashing is more of a stupid fad now, lots of people jump into it and make jokes and really have no idea wtf they are talking about really.

I mean geez, Katrina, 9/11, and tons of national / worldwide disasters have fallen us during his presidency, thats just bad luck D=

I think McCain is a nice and likeable guy, but I'm not 100% confident in his ability to be president.
    uoting me and saying something retarded)

Oh, and tons of people are voting for him just because he's black. What? Don't believe me? Okay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PgV3...eature=related
    You might also think that everything is fine atm also alot of people will not vote for him because he is afro american whats your point thats their choice .. anyway I 100% dislike anyone that agrees with bush 90% of the time.

I didnt refer to him as an savior the first time I said that he will save us their is a differience (X_X) bush is a idiot fighting his daddies war what ever happened to the WOMD??? it was bullshit....
    Last edited by Ketchup345; Nov 3, 2008 at 01:11 AM.

LBP, the first economy plan was proposed in '03 or '04. Also, I know you're knew, but could you please use the edit button? It'd sure help a lot.

Aisha: I can't stand people that are only voting for Obama because he's black. Here's the real kicker though, he's only half black. [/horrible joke]

Quote Originally Posted by TheOneHero View Post
    LBP, the first economy plan was proposed in '03 or '04.

Aisha: I can't stand people that are only voting for Obama because he's black. He's the real kicker though, he's only half black. [/horrible joke]
    That's the way that the world works you guys speak about it as if thou their are not people who will vote for mccain simply to not vote for the black guy? Just like some white and black people wont vote for Mccain just because palin is a women its all stupid but thats their choice and once Obama wins it wont be because of his race it will be because he is the better cadidate overall.

the way i see it, is actually a plain and simple way without ever having to go into detail, if McCain gets elected, any chance of any change is not likely. He wants to follow Bush's ideas(he thinks the country is in a good position...we all know its not unless your rich) and add in some stupid taxes...meanwhile, even if Obama doesnt end up making the changes he promises, he at least (and this is the important part) tried. I dont feel like going into argument about the candidates cus its just like throwing gasoline on a fire. You can vote for whoever you want, its your choice, no one has the right to try to change your mind.
    Last edited by The_Gio; Nov 3, 2008 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LBP View Post
    And yeas Obama surrounded by people who actually can about the mid and lower class citizens of the USA.
    I'm sorry to hear you actually believe that. I don't trust either party - sadly, I find myself voting for what I perceive as the lesser of two evils this round (which I think is McCain). Both parties have been exploiting rich and poor alike for their own gains for a very long time. George Washington himself warned against the party system as he wrapped up his time in office - a warning which sadly fell on deaf ears.

Oh - and it's not that I think Obama is "inexperienced" or something. On the contrary, I think he's way too experienced. That "charisma" of his everyone keeps talking about seems to me as little more than a well-played shroud, hiding whatever his true aims, good or ill, might be.

(Besides, the behavior of a lot of the people who follow him kinda freaks me out, in the same way as all those Zio cultists from PSIV.)

Quote Originally Posted by rogue_robot View Post
    I'm sorry to hear you actually believe that. I don't trust either party - sadly, I find myself voting for what I perceive as the lesser of two evils this round (which I think is McCain). Both parties have been exploiting rich and poor alike for their own gains for a very long time. George Washington himself warned against the party system as he wrapped up his time in office - a warning which sadly fell on deaf ears.

Oh - and it's not that I think Obama is "inexperienced" or something. On the contrary, I think he's way too experienced. That "charisma" of his everyone keeps talking about seems to me as little more than a well-played shroud, hiding whatever his true aims, good or ill, might be.

(Besides, the behavior of a lot of the people who follow him kinda freaks me out, in the same way as all those Zio cultists from PSIV.)
    I have good reason to believe it lower end employment was up by 8% during the clinton administration america was at an surplus instead of this trillion dollar debt.