Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Great thread so far, guys!

Here is some more things confirmed for the game thanks to the PSUPedia forums and espiokaos and Mewn:

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081219c.html - this has some interesting info... it confirms:

* Hard mode (unlocked by beating Story Mode on what is, presumably, Normal mode) and Super Hard mode (details are unknown). Better drops, more powerful monsters yada yada.

* Level cap is 100, and capping is balanced to take approximately 300 hours if I'm reading it right (and I might not be). That's according to the producer.

Visual chat album
    * This feature will let you download visual chat pieces from popular artists and the development staff.

Story mode
    * New quests are added after clearing story mode.

Multi-mode
    * The story mode status of the party leader in multi-mode games will determine what areas are unlocked to the rest of the party. (So if the leader only has access to one field, that's all the party will be able to play.)
    * Friend codes will be exchanged automatically through wireless play.
    * The game's mobile site will allow users to exchange codes.

Chain combos
    * A chain count starts with the successful hit of a charge attack.
    * The maximum number of chains a party can pull off is 100.

http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/081213a.html

Dressing room
    * Lets you modify the visuals of your character.
    * Everything except for your character type can be changed. (That makes it sound a bit more grand than I expect it'll be, however. Keep in mind that your class determines your costume selection, so it still has its limits.)

Photon blasts
    * A PB can be set off when your MAG's PB gauge is full.
    * Still no confirmation of how the gauge is filled. (I'm guessing damage inflicted on enemies as well as yourself will fill it.)
    * A photon blast is set off by pressing the L and R buttons at the same time.

NPC battle commands
    * "Free order" tells an NPC to freely go into battle.
    * "Attack shift" tells an NPC to go into an offensive mode.
    * "Shooter sight" tells an NPC to use long-ranged attacks.
    * "Heal order" tells an NPC to focus on healing.
    * "Follow order" tells an NPC to stick close to the party leader.
    * "PB release" tells an NPC to use their photon blast.
    * "PB chain" tells an NPC to chain their photon blast with the leader's.

Miscellaneous
    * The Naura Cake Shop and sisters are back.
    * The quest counter receptionist should look familiar, too. (No names were given, though.)
    Last edited by Risingsun; Dec 19, 2008 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun View Post
    * The story mode status of the party leader in multi-mode games will determine what areas are unlocked to the rest of the party. (So if the leader only has access to one field, that's all the party will be able to play.)
    Sad face.
    Blue Blue Glass Moon, Under the Crimson Air
    PSŲ (JP): ジェネヴィヴ (Lv.58 HUnewearl) :: Dahlia (Lv.26 FOmarl) :: X-MASS (Lv.06 HUcaseal)
    PSŲ (US): Potpourri (Lv.00 FOnewearl) :: Adelina (Lv.00 RAmarl) :: Brynhildr (Lv.00 RAcaseal)

Quote Originally Posted by Risingsun View Post
    * Hard mode (unlocked by beating Story Mode on what is, presumably, Normal mode) and Super Hard mode (details are unknown). Better drops, more powerful monsters yada yada.

* Level cap is 100, and capping is balanced to take approximately 300 hours if I'm reading it right (and I might not be). That's according to the producer.
    You know, this sounds a lot like PSO DC Ver.1.

Maybe there'll be a Ver.2, adding another difficulty after Super Hard and raising the level cap. to 200. /Kidding

WOW this is actualy sounding REALLY good, it seems better then psu but on a handheld as well with no hunters license.

I was trying not to let my expectations get too high but currently they have gone through the roof and inconviniencing several satalites lol.

Hey, Shiro, that's kinda how it was with PSO multiplayer. The first person to step into the transporter (or last, hard to remember) had their list of available places come up. All you'll have to do is ask who's furthest when you partner up and have them be leader.

I'm liking that Hard and Very Hard make appearances too. Vanz might not be too far off with his joke. We'll see!
    Next Red Box is mine! Either that or i eAt yoUR sOUl!
    Wait. We each get one now? Then give me yours. I know I got one! Give me yours anyway!

After reading that I'm actually expecting them to release a Ver.2 further down the line with level 200 and Ultimate mode.

It's like history repeating - in the most awesome way possible. It's 2001 all over again!
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Quote Originally Posted by Saphion View Post
    After reading that I'm actually expecting them to release a Ver.2 further down the line with level 200 and Ultimate mode.
    I'd buy that… but it will be heartbreaking restarting a level 100 character to level 1…

…Unless they find a clever way to move a character from a v1 DS cart to a v2 DS cart. But I doubt it would be possible or safe (read: duping).

I guess I'm thinking too far ahead. PSŲ still hasn't even been announced for NA/EU.

Well, I can announce something! While playing, I got rare monsters on the way back to a door that needed a card key. Boomas! Well, tiny boomas. They walked on all fours. They were adorable. I could tell they were boomas by their faces. It was funny, and a fun slaughter for high exp. They gave up a chest that dropped grinders.

edit:

Translated the name for them, as rough as it is. It's either Buu-ma-ri-zu-so or Buu-mwo(the hell?)-ri-zu-so. So basically, Booma Rizuso.
    Last edited by Zarode; Dec 19, 2008 at 03:23 PM.

Wow, rare monsters already. Good job.

Do you think special weapons will be attainable in the next difficulty?