Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Wartech vs. Acrotech

I really can't make up my mind. I'm a kind of guy who likes playing someone with good melee, but can use spells. I'm not looking for a superiority, more like a well-balanced type. Acrotech can use some awesome weapons, but only has Lv. 20 Skills, while Wartech has more choice in weapons and has Lv. 30 Skills, but can't use some really good S rank weapons that I like. (BTW, I like Sabers, Daggers, Madoogs, and Whips.) I can't decide...I need some help deciding, more pros and cons, and/or facts about the classes. Please and thanks.
    And now for something, completely different. Which is, more or less, basically the same.

well acrotechers have a spell speed boost

Wartecher melee is under-rated - you're not going to outdamage anybody but you're versatile, and I found it a great class to play.

Acrotecher melee is... lacking slightly. My Female Newman (ah, another problem) is an Acrotecher and while I can dish out the damage with a set of 46% Whips, 46% Daggers, an Armas Line and a Lumirus/Kaos Knight, it's still not a patch on a proper attacking class (and a pretty expensive setup too).

S-rank whips seem to be not really worth it - The Vish Adan and Feara are nice but that's only Dark and Light; the Vish Adac is no better than an A-rank whip.

Simple option - give both a go, but be aware that Acrotecher is primarily support with the option of bashing things around once in a while.

Yeah. S-rank Madoogs don't really affect much in spell casting, do they? Hum...And, being Wartech does offer higher damage, somewhat better defense, and more weapons. I think I'll go back to being a Wartech. Thanks Iso. You've really opened my eyes.
    And now for something, completely different. Which is, more or less, basically the same.

Acrotecher pluses:

- Higher support means the party will be better off with one on the team
    - S rank sabers, whips (more SE variety), cards, and madoogs
    - Twin handgun access
    - About the same damage/time as Wartecher with 1 hand melee (less damage/hit though)
    - Faster melee and tech attacks, making slower moves like Vivi Danga easier to pull off
    - More TP plus faster tech speed equals significantly more tech damage that can rival melee early on as human or Newman
    - More EVP and MST for tech resistance

Wartecher pluses:

- Better melee options
    - 30 skills means they can make use of twin daggers, unlike Acrotecher
    - S rank twin daggers, knuckles, and twin claws
    - Bow access (for longer range)
    - Deal more melee damage with 1 hand weapons than Acrotecher if someone with higher support is in the team
    - More damage with cards and handguns, though less accuracy
    - More HP and DFP for physical damage resistance

Rehabbed SEGAholic

Quote Originally Posted by IsoDonk View Post
    Wartecher melee is under-rated - you're not going to outdamage anybody but you're versatile, and I found it a great class to play.

Acrotecher melee is... lacking slightly. My Female Newman (ah, another problem) is an Acrotecher and while I can dish out the damage with a set of 46% Whips, 46% Daggers, an Armas Line and a Lumirus/Kaos Knight, it's still not a patch on a proper attacking class (and a pretty expensive setup too).

S-rank whips seem to be not really worth it - The Vish Adan and Feara are nice but that's only Dark and Light; the Vish Adac is no better than an A-rank whip.

Simple option - give both a go, but be aware that Acrotecher is primarily support with the option of bashing things around once in a while.
    The Vish Adac has a stun status effect making it much better than any other S- or A-rank whip.

Keep in mind atm most people will be happy to see you in a team no matter what type you go with because you'll be better then level 10 support
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

lol That is true. Though, my buffs aren't much higher than lvl. 10. XP

As a beast, I find WT a lot more sturdier for me because I rely on melee damage more than I do TECHNIC damage, and the LV30 support is good enough (especially right now as autumn pointed out). But if I was a newman and relied on TECHNIC damage more, I'd go with AT because of the TP difference. A human could go either way.
    Last edited by Kylie; Dec 29, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

Man, if there was a cross between the two, I'd be happy. XD But, I'll get what's there. Who knows, I might switch back and forth from time to time, just for the hell of things. It's always interesting to try something new. :3