Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Swords or Partisans?

Alright,so i was thinking of switching to Swords,and was wndering if its better than partisan
    PSO2- Ship2 - Jenova Project
    ID: Carlo567
    Gunner/Ranger; Bouncer/Hunter; Force/Techer - Diend

Formally PSU 360 Cast Fighmaster - Allstaranimefan33

I guess it depends on your seeing of the weapon class.

Sword: slow but strong, I think you can use the rare ones earlier (ATP wise), but the better they get, the higher the ATP needed (ex. TJS - 910 ATP...)

Partisan: weak but much faster, and I believe a bit more accurate, higher ATP needed at first, but it doesn't get too high for later rare partisans.
    The soon-to-be Steel-type Gym Leader of Ace Trainers United, FC will come along soon.

Shalo the Katana Warrior/Furrypaws Lacker ofTitle furrypaws's Avatar

Neither is technically "better". Just give each a test run with a generic and see which you like better.

MetaZedlen covered most of the technical stuff.
    PSO
    Shalo the HUnewearl, GC, level 151

PSU
    Furrypaws the Beast, PC/PS2, Level 79, WT10

Quote Originally Posted by MetaZedlen View Post
    I guess it depends on your seeing of the weapon class.

Sword: slow but strong, I think you can use the rare ones earlier (ATP wise), but the better they get, the higher the ATP needed (ex. TJS - 910 ATP...)

Partisan: weak but much faster, and I believe a bit more accurate, higher ATP needed at first, but it doesn't get too high for later rare partisans.
    I prefer Partisans personally, but this is just my choice. MetaZedlin covered much of the difference between them, but I'm gonna add on a little bit, reiterate I think is the right word here:
    Swords: Slow, but powerful. They bring about a good ATP boost, but have a small ATA increase, and cut EVP. Due to the long pause your character takes after a full combo, you're going to get hit, so either shield yourself with a Freeze Trap if you're an android, or hide behind a slower, bigger enemy (Grass Assassain for example) at the start until you can find some with decent hit percent and preferably a HP-stealing special. I own a Gush Calibur with I think 35% hit, and it does just fine against hordes of enemies.

Partisans: Quicker, but not as powerful. Higher ATA boost, and does not cut into EVP. Your character does not have as long of a pause after a full combo like they would if they were using a Sword, so you can get out of the way of an oncoming attack, so you don't need to shield yourself to protect yourself against a counter attack.

And for the rare versions, the Swords require ATP in the 400's to use (Flowen's Sword requires 430 to use), where as Partisans can require as little as 165 I believe (however high the ATP requirement for Soul Eater is). It's just a matter of personal taste.

Quote Originally Posted by furrypaws View Post
    Neither is technically "better". Just give each a test run with a generic and see which you like better.

MetaZedlen covered most of the technical stuff.
    True.

i go swords every time. yes they are slower but i make allowances for that and attack accordingly so it doesn't matter. if given the choice between a Red Sword and a Red Partisan, i would choose the Red Sword.

well it depends what class you are if youre a HUcast i would use partisans cause there faster and HUcasts are stronger so it would be much better i think

now if youre using a Humar HUnewearl or Hucaseal i would perfer swords cause there stronger but a bit slower but still i would go with swords all the way

Partisans also reach slightly further than Swords do.

I wouldn't worry about the slowness of a Sword. If you really can't afford to take hits from enemies, then start your attack before they reach you, and stop your combo after the 2nd hit. You'll have time to take a step back and make the enemy attack miss you. The pacing of your combo also helps this a lot.

It really all depends on what you want to do and how capable you are. Swords will bring down enemies faster (assuming you're accurate enough to hit with them) but Partisans are faster, reach further, and are a bit more accurate. I use both, but I don't like to pick and choose.

Depends on your class.
    Hunters, Swords
    Rangers or Forces, Partisans.

Most of the really good partisans are usable by Rangers and/or Forces.
    I think you're still looking at basic Swords/Partisans
    The special weapon swords/partisans are incredibly different.
    Swords have MUCH higher ATP but are ever-so-slightly slower and usually have a little less ATA.
    But it makes up in my opinion with the higher ATP. The ATP difference compensates for the small ATA loss.

It all depends on taste, me personally i like partasins

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Partisan= higher movement speed and accuracy.
    Swords= higher ATP but slower.
    special swords favor the more experianced player. As Partisans are more beginer freindly in what stats they want for you to be able to equipe it.

when it comes to using scyths for sweeping, the soul Banish is more well rounded than the Eater. But the Banish favors the high end players with a whopping 850ATP required usage.

I use an S-Rank Scyth. Its decent, and can get powerful as well. but requires 50 less ATP to use.
    I do beleive the extention for a scyth is a little more than partisan and is slightly faster in sweeping. or I could be wrong. I use an attack speed amplifier in my slot. so naturaly I don't know what would be faster or if its the same.