Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Elitest rule ur just all noobs. You play the game to be the best. If u just wanna play for fun go play maple story.
    *galadriel*

Cracka_J, uhm i think you misunderstand me all together, i said in no way was it bad for anyone to use good equipment, if anything you actually addressed my point and echoed my reasoning. what i had said was that players who view those with inferior equipment and look down upon them or even shun them out of their own ego or in some cases ignorance (like a party that booted me believing that traps do elemental damage).

You said and i quote: "when I played, my fun consisted of running everything at max speed, max potential. to achieve that, I would have to try to run with the best equips and highest level pas." and while i can understand you still meet my point, you got exactly what you felt you needed, you got the things you want and used the best of what you had the ability to aquire, does that make you elitest? not in the least, you dont frown apon a player for having a weapon thats less than 7/7. Sure your method of fun differs from mine but it is not valid and i have no quarrel with your method of getting the best equipment, my only vendetta is to show that dispite 10/10 weapons being superior, they are not a nessesity and having less does NOT make you a bad player, or a loser or anything of the sort. So in short you pointed out what i said "play to have fun, use the best you can get" and dont forget that. If anything you seem to think i jumped the gun saying anyone using 10/10s are elitests, which is not true, elitest is usually used negatively to point out those who are not content with imperfections AND who persecute those who do not think in a similar manner. I honestly think that if we stop trying to look superior and stand above everyone with our inferiority complexes we can become friends. I have many gripes and faults, we all do, i for one dislike the gunmaster class and beast gunners, not the players that play them persay, do i feel they are just focusing on that minimal ATP bonus for the beast gunner or the PA levels and then say that it makes it best, but that is a select fiew at most, and even my younger sister is a gunmaster. But i can deal with it, honestly i love playing with them, its just preferences, part of it is feeling that a lot of beast players want to think atp is end end all beat all, and im a die-hard fortegunner so the abundance of gunmasters is dissapointing, but its trends and fashions, new things are always shinier and more appealing than old...gah me and my rants...sometimes i just need to stop 30 lines sooner, either way everyone be happy, get that 3/3 if you think it will make you happy!

Quote Originally Posted by cpl meza View Post
    Elitest rule ur just all noobs. You play the game to be the best. If u just wanna play for fun go play maple story.
    *galadriel*

what is this, pokeymon? ima play the game for whatever reason, even if its to teach my grandma how to piss off mexicans!! >:O

jk D:

hmm i wonder if the people in maple story say the same thing.

I am not trying to be rude when I type this...

I like PSU because the game is not an "Elitists" game. PSU and PSO represent a place where you can get wrapped in wonder and play the game, have fun without having to worry about everything being a competition. That is what I love about the game. You meet people, you party up....run a map and you don't need supreme equipment to win.

Before I returned to PSU, my life in gaming was very heavy tournament gaming. Had my own ranking in Cyber Athletes Professional League and Global Gaming League. I also played a lot of shooters online..Some older, some newer and at the time enjoyed them. I also played some PvP oriented RPGs too that were fun.

I just know from experience that there is a much heavier challenge playing against other players than playing against computer controlled enemies.

I enjoy this more for one reason though..

In the very end it is about the people you meet and how you relate. All I have are a lot of folders with FPS gaming screenshots and RPG PvP videos....what I remember most are the people. I should have spent more time becoming better friends with those people and less time trying to accumulate bragging rights.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Keilyn youre a saint, perfectly put, sides if you really want to be an elitest shouldnt you move on to a game with real PVP like say...warcraft? i dont like the game, and i prefer to work together or alone rather than against people, Galadriel is infamous for her "noob bashing" but really who are you trying to impress? I impress friends with my gear but at the same time they have things i dont have, some things i dont like, but again if your life revolves around competition, move onto another game with competition i guess. Then again PSU needs all the players it can get, competitive, and fun loving.

Alright.. 1st off, I'm sick of ppls warped view on what "Elitist" acually means. It refers to a person who wants to be the best they can be at whater it is they're doing. Not that they are an asshole as almost everyone in this thread seems to think.
    Alot of the ppl I play with fall into the catagory of "elitist" (the bull PSU definition of it) and get ridiculed or treated like we're assholes just due the equip we have w/o ppl acullay attepting to get to know us first.

Bottom line is that it goes both ways ppl, alot of you say all elitests are douchbags cause they ridicule you, in reality these ppl are just assholes who look down on ppl cause its the only way they can feel good about themselves.
    Terming elitests "douchbags" or "assholes" or w/e isnt fair to thos of us who acually just take pride in having the best gear/PA's.
    PSO GC: Justyn FOmar lvl200
    PSU PC/PS2/Xbox 360:Aftermath (Returned to the shadows)
    "That which appears harmless can destroy mountains"

Yes we get mad at those players at times, but we are on different servers, on the ps2 sure i cant be sure that happens, 360 side more often than not the players with the best equipment fall into 2 categories, the first being the experianced well traveled players, sure they have top of the line gear (Fudgehoy the gunmaster is a great example) and are players who understand and respect all weapons but strive for the best, then there are the elitests, and for your information, elitism is defined as:

e·lit·ism or é·lit·ism (ĭ-lē'tĭz'əm, ā-lē'-)
    n.
    The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment by virtue of their perceived superiority, as in intellect, social status, or financial resources.

that means that the people with more money or more expensive things think that because they have those things that they ARE better, not that they want to better themselves, its like i have been saying all along so maybe youre theo one throwing tags on people without knowing the meanings? Please dont assume i claim that because you have top of the top gear that we hate you, and more times than not the players with poor gear just want to play and dont attack someone else for their superior equipment...

I have come to hate the term "elitist". On my GM I DO have what you could call an elitist palette and I worked hard to get it and I am very proud of it. On my FM palette I have 38% and lower weps and I am working on making them better. I have spent alot of my time maxing my pa's as well. As for armor I have a full 50% rainbow of storm lines with the exception of dark which is a 46% armas. I enjoyed making all these things and I enjoy TAing because I think it's fun. When I lose in TA I am a good sport and congradulate the winners while trying to think of a way to improve my times.

BUT, I have NEVER put down anyone for lower weapons, lower pa's or any style they play. The most enjoyment I get from PSU is making friends and having fun. Somehow I can do both and still enjoy the game. Egos and attitudes just don't fit into my idea of fun.
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

Tianna: Lvl 160 F Cast..GM 20, FM 15, PT 15, FG 20, FF 15, Fg 10
    Sierra Fawn: Lvl 50 F Human..FF 11
    Witch Weigh: Lvl 75 F Newman..FT 14
    April A. Wine: Lvl 42 F Beast..FF 11

Simple and to the point trade list here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151882

Best & Only ForteTecher God_Shiden's Avatar

Tianna has never put me down for my pallete :P She loves my 9/9 chao staff.

I do enjoy a little efficiency....but Tianna showed me that lol.....
    Shiden Lv.160 FT, Takou Lv.63 FF
    Blogsrus.org (new site) be first to help get it up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom 180 View Post
    you dont frown apon a player for having a weapon thats less than 7/7.
    I didn't type it in my original post, but this is pretty much the definition of elitist. Like I said, everyone gets their fun differently from the game, but the REAL elitists are the ones that have the good stuff and put forth a conscience effort to make everyone else with equips less then theirs feel like shit.

So yeah after reading your last post I can see we agree on the subject. I wasn't necessarily trying to disagree with you, just reiterating that everyone derives their fun differently and people shouldn't be so quick to label people as "elitists".