Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I say the more races to play as, the better... as long as they're balanced, and unfortunately, Sega/Sonic Team doesn't seem to understand this concept. Regardless though, it's always good to give players options, in my opinion.

seeing how most buff and support techs don't really rely on TP (save for Resta and Giresta, big whoop)... then yeah, they kinda were, lol, especially if you were an Acrotecher. There wasn't really much point in playing an offensive techer class because they were incredibly fragile, and for the most part, melee and gun PA's just provided more DPS than repeatedly casting the same techs over and over, unless the Supplemental Update changed that, which I never got to experience in the first place because I was on the PC/PS2 servers. And let's not forget how excessive tech-casting often caused people's games to slowdown horribly. Add in the facts that Beasts and CASTs had higher HP and ATP (most of the other stats didn't really matter, unfortunately), AND were able to make themselves temporarily invulnerable with SUV's and the blue Nanoblast... there just wasn't really much point to playing as a Human or Newman, much less as a non-AT techer class. There were just too many balance issues, at least when I was playing PSU. Maybe the Supplemental Update fixed some things, but I suspect a lot of those issues still remain.
    Then that's a problem with the balancing of class types, not races.

Also, Humans/Newmans got a lot more stat bonuses than Casts/Beasts depending on their class.

http://psupedia.info/Types#Favored_Types

But Its Only A Minor Boost... Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Then that's a problem with the balancing of class types, not races.

Also, Humans/Newmans got a lot more stat bonuses than Casts/Beasts depending on their class.

http://psupedia.info/Types#Favored_Types
    So according to this, they get between a 102%-105% increase in stats...

So I'm guessing this would mean (unless the stats are weighed or calculated differently) for every 100 points in a certain stat, they'd get an extra 2 to 5 points...

Wow, that's... barely noticeable at all, lol... especially considering that some stats like defense and MST don't mean shit anyway. =/

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I wouldn't say humans and newmans were entirely pointless myself, since Ambition of the Illuminus was released they made the game a bit easier on everyone, but it is rather undeniable that CASTs and beasts got a clear edge with their race abilities.

That's my only real complaint, though. Just throw the Mirage Blasts from PSP2 in already and I'd be rather satisfied, I think.

Seeing how most buff and support techs don't really rely on TP (save for Resta and Giresta, big whoop)... then yeah, they kinda were, lol, especially if you were an Acrotecher. There wasn't really much point in playing an offensive techer class because they were incredibly fragile, and for the most part, melee and gun PA's just provided more DPS than repeatedly casting the same techs over and over, unless the Supplemental Update changed that, which I never got to experience in the first place because I was on the PC/PS2 servers. And let's not forget how excessive tech-casting often caused people's games to slowdown horribly. Add in the facts that Beasts and CASTs had higher HP and ATP (most of the other stats didn't really matter, unfortunately), AND were able to make themselves temporarily invulnerable with SUV's and the blue Nanoblast... there just wasn't really much point to playing as a Human or Newman, much less as a non-AT techer class. There were just too many balance issues, at least when I was playing PSU. Maybe the Supplemental Update fixed some things, but I suspect a lot of those issues still remain.
    The supplemental update definitely turned things around damage-wise for Masterforce, at least Foie and Diga now gain an additional target at LV41 and higher, and on top of that they can spend advanced points to acquire Limit Break Foie and Diga for an additional two targets on top of that: that 4000 on Zoal Goug just became 16000.

So according to this, they get between a 102%-105% increase in stats...

So I'm guessing this would mean (unless the stats are weighed or calculated differently) for every 100 points in a certain stat, they'd get an extra 2 to 5 points...

Wow, that's... barely noticeable at all, lol... especially considering that some stats like defense and MST don't mean shit anyway. =/
    Alone, its not that big of a deal, yeah. But take into consideration that Beasts and Casts already have pretty bad stats for pure Technic classes(like Fortetecher or Masterforce), and the gap between them and Humans/Newmans becomes that much larger. Not to mention, when talking about hybrid technic classes (Guntecher/Wartecher/Acrotecher), although Humans/Newmans still probably wont be able to dish out as much melee damage as Beasts/Casts, the stat boost will help them so they're not hitting for THAT much less damage, but also, they'll be able to use Technics much more efficiently than a Cast/Beast hybrid class would.

Humans and Newmans are FAR from useless if you want to play a technic class, or even any hybrid class... But also, like I've already said.... Although technic using classes aren't as efficient(?) as melee/gunning classes, that's an issue with the balancing of types, not races... But oh well... Forces got their time to shine in PSO anyway... :P
    Last edited by •Col•; Sep 13, 2010 at 12:13 PM.

ill keep it short,
    Long live the beasts!

I like all races tho...

Wielder of the Neiclaws Ce'Nedra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    Luxury? English demo has been out for almost a month now, dude.
    Not everyone can also get the demo, last time i heard there was no demo for the EU people at all.

Even if there was, my PSP is broken anyway so i couldn't even play it if i wanted to, that and i don't have my PS3 hooked to internet at the moment.

Oh and i also find demos of games a waste of time to spend on, i know you can import your demo data to the real game with PSUP2 but even so...no use for me.

Celestial Manager~
    Quote Originally Posted by isCasted View Post
    Welcome to PSO2, a game which tells you to fuck off on regular basis. Have fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupikachu View Post
    He just copypasted the log, which is mostly SOHO talking, and then for the remaining pages he just went to psow and copied the ep4 thread salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ce'Nedra View Post
    Not everyone can also get the demo, last time i heard there was no demo for the EU people at all.

Even if there was, my PSP is broken anyway so i couldn't even play it if i wanted to, that and i don't have my PS3 hooked to internet at the moment.

Oh and i also find demos of games a waste of time to spend on, i know you can import your demo data to the real game with PSUP2 but even so...no use for me.
    ....If you're not going to even play it anyway, then why even bother trying to hide behind the excuse "Oh, not everyone can get the demo"? -_-....

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by A2K View Post
    I wouldn't say humans and newmans were entirely pointless myself, since Ambition of the Illuminus was released they made the game a bit easier on everyone, but it is rather undeniable that CASTs and beasts got a clear edge with their race abilities.

That's my only real complaint, though. Just throw the Mirage Blasts from PSP2 in already and I'd be rather satisfied, I think.

The supplemental update definitely turned things around damage-wise for Masterforce, at least Foie and Diga now gain an additional target at LV41 and higher, and on top of that they can spend advanced points to acquire Limit Break Foie and Diga for an additional two targets on top of that: that 4000 on Zoal Goug just became 16000.
    beasts, casts and newmans all have a niche. beats have best HP and ATP, nanoblast ahrdly matters. CASTs have a "limit break" style special ability in their SUV newmans are the only class able to deliver considerable tech damage.

HUmans are kinda left out. GAS helped some, with the higher level of customization available (especially for those who do like to chagne jobs to optimize for a mission). I think SEGA could have done better with ProTranser to make this tailored to humans.

On the equipment front, they could have done a LOT to make humans more desireable (TP based melee weapons, EVP based armor, human only weapons - like killer elite or gudda iggac).

not sure if that means beasts are on the way out, but I won't miss them overmuch if it happens.

Humans have the same caps for ATP+ and PA+ per weapon... they can diversify more than other races sure, but a beast focused in ATP and crossbows is still going to pump out bigger numbers than a human with the same customisations.

The human's wider range of customisations is for people who have one character; their human. They have a human because they're "good at everything". They don't level other characters because their "human is the best" already. The ability to earn 200 million EXP above the level cap and still not be finished with GAS is what humans have.

I have one human character between two accounts, and his only purpose is to lampoon how bland and boring humans are. Especially human male fighgunners. Spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, get a buff from SEGA, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, try Fighmaster, spin, spin, spin, spin, get bored, spin, spin, spin, spin, spin, get another buff from SEGA just as other classes are being brought up to scratch, spin, spin, spin, spin. Seriously, it's a Sonic the Hedgehog class.

If anything, I'd like to see humans phased out, but that's not going to happen. Closest thing would be splitting them into Orakians and Layans in Phantasy Star terms.