Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it?

Wink is it worth it?

Yh its infinity. I learned how to convert PS:P2 US to JAP (for import) but i dont know is it worth it?? since i can still play PS:P2 English version and if ill play on infinity i wont understand anything, again BUT infinity has more features which i would really like to try. So, what would you choose!? Thanks!

Thanks to funkyskunk converting my save, I was able to give Infinity a try. The added weapons and feature of the game are fantastic.

Since I can't read Japanese, I know I'm just going to miss a lot. I'm going to have faith in Sega and just wait for the English localization.

I'm tinking like this: i'll have to do SO much in PSP2 that when i'll complete PSP2 Infinity in english will show up. But if i'll complete PSP2 completely, in infinity ill just have to collect new weapons and the titles ofcourse! Or does infinity have so many things to be interested in? Because you should know how it feels to reach lvl 100 and loose interest into the game right?..

To me, this is enough to warrant Infinity a purchase.

- Faster Sword attack speed
    - Axe 2 hits per swing(I'm an Axe user so I approve)
    - More Monsters and Bosses
    - More weapons
    - Monsters now flinch when hit on higher difficulty
    - More hair and outfits (I'll stick to my usual look though)
    - Rebirth!

and there's more. But those I listed are all that i care about.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyknight View Post
    To me, this is enough to warrant Infinity a purchase.

- Faster Sword attack speed
    - Axe 2 hits per swing(I'm an Axe user so I approve)
    - More Monsters and Bosses
    - More weapons
    - Monsters now flinch when hit on higher difficulty
    - More hair and outfits (I'll stick to my usual look though)
    - Rebirth!

and there's more. But those I listed are all that i care about.
    You forgot to mention that some PA's were fixed/nerfed depending on how you see it.

There's the Sa techs like Sazonde, Sabarta, Samegid, etc that basically enable you to cast AoE attacks similar to vanguards EX traps.

Infinity Missions which you can customize to it's maximum potential, i.e. increased drops, increased EXP, increased meseta, increased number of monsters.

If you play online there are lobbies you can meet up with other players, but again you'll need to know some japanese to speak with them, or hopefully find someone that understands english.

Screenshot feature allows you to take pictures whenever and wherever you feel like.

Also if you're just mainly interested in weapons, go check out the PSP2i Finds and Accomplishments thread and Screenshot/Movie thread. Some nice new weapons have showed up this time around, although some are really impractical, but still cool nonetheless.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Nyro View Post
    Yh its infinity. I learned how to convert PS:P2 US to Japanese (for import) but i dont know is it worth it?? since i can still play PS:P2 English version and if ill play on infinity i wont understand anything, again BUT infinity has more features which i would really like to try. So, what would you choose!? Thanks!
    1. How do i convert PS:P2 US to JP ( for import)?

2. Does any American(or any person in th US) have the demo?

3. Do you know where i can find the demo

And 4. Is it possible to play Japanese demos on US Playstation portables?
    Last edited by Ryna; Mar 26, 2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Grammar

"Play, kitty, play."

2. Yes.

3. Either through a Japanese PlayStation Network account, or from one of Sega's websites (I don't know which).

4. Yes, since any and all PSP games (including demos) are region free. The only time you won't be able to use it, is if it requires an activation on a Japanese PSN account (DJ Max Portable 3 does this, oddly).

1. It's not something we can freely discuss, but it requires CFW and a JP version of PS:P2.

2. A lot of US players had it or still do.

3. JP PSN or http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp2i/trial/download/ click the red button.

4. Region free. Limited to PSN if you paid for it, which requires you to activate the games through your PSN account. If you're character is over 100, they're locked at that level, same goes for types above level 20.

Any and all demos don't require game activation, but purchased games from PSN will need you to log in and manually activate the games you've purchased, i.e. I bought PS:P2 off of US PSN and when I want to get a game on JP PSN I have to reactivate my US PSN game setting to play the US version of PS:P2.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Lightbulb oh wait!

Ok if i'll play on infinity JP what will happen when US will be released? LOL! Will the community of PSP2I add a feature to import JP savedata (like some of games)? or will ill have to get my hands on the dirty work of converting?.. THanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyro View Post
    Ok if i'll play on infinity JP what will happen when US will be released? LOL! Will the community of PSP2I add a feature to import JP savedata (like some of games)? or will ill have to get my hands on the dirty work of converting?.. THanks guys!
    I'm doubting there will be an option to import your JP save, so you'll probably need to convert the file again. Or do what I do, and play US PSPo2 alongside with PSP2i.