Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Work dominates most of my life style so PSN doesn't really affect me, but I have got around to beating a couple of games I normally wouldn't really play with PSN still working. Read a couple of books I've been holding off, and attended some open house events for some possible college candidates.

Lots of fan wars between consoles for sure, though. At least my friends have the decency to not get wrapped up in it. Even the news articles regarding PSN have console wars raging on.

I've even looked at the PSN blog from my PS3 and it was announced that it may be up within a week (4/27-5/7). Either way I'm playing games I never really tried playing with PSPo2 and Patapon 3 taking up most of my time during online play.
    Interested in playing PSP2i without starting over? Click here to get started or look here for people converting saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    Lol I am saying they say it will be up. And when they say up they mean up! Because I am pretty sure the DCUO players are raging
    Ok this is from their official blog and i even Bolded the part you seem to be skipping

Q: When will the PlayStation Network and Qriocity be back online?
    A: Our employees have been working day and night to restore operations as quickly as possible, and we expect to have some services up and running within a week from yesterday. However, we want to be very clear that we will only restore operations when we are confident that the network is secure.

Does not say everything will be back and for the DCU members they said this "We are also working on a “make good” plan for players of the PS3 versions of DC Universe Online and Free Realms. Details will be available soon on the individual game websites and forums.” I am not pleased with sony products due to all my ps3 issues so i am not defending as a fan boy i just hate to see spreading of incomplete truths.
    Last edited by chaoelite; Apr 30, 2011 at 02:00 PM.

Snide comment alert but to all you online players......welcome to my world muahahahah! I can't afford to play online let alone be bothered getting the resources to set it all up. As far as I'm concerened the increased reliance for online in games nowadays has ruined gaming. Lack of options.....inless you go online. Lack of decent multiplayer maps ect.....inless you go online. And there's an increase in the lack of split screen games that would obviously include the option if games weren't so over reliant with online stuff. All I can say is I sure am glad I don't have a PSP Go. I've played PSO GC and PSP 1 and 2 offline and I'm perfectly happy. At the end of the day I just want to play a game pure and simple.
    Family guy-Stewie>>>'Brian, i'll be surrounded by sea men. Sperm whales and sea men. oh look, a swallow.' <<<<<<best line ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweengo View Post
    Snide comment alert but to all you online players......welcome to my world muahahahah! I can't afford to play online let alone be bothered getting the resources to set it all up. As far as I'm concerened the increased reliance for online in games nowadays has ruined gaming. Lack of options.....unless you go online. Lack of decent multiplayer maps ect.....unless you go online. And there's an increase in the lack of split screen games that would obviously include the option if games weren't so over reliant with online stuff. All I can say is I sure am glad I don't have a PSP Go. I've played PSO GC and PSP 1 and 2 offline and I'm perfectly happy. At the end of the day I just want to play a game pure and simple.

(fixed)
    That's fine and all. And true, that to some extent, that online-capable games have ruined games as they traditionally were--which is why the Nintendo Wii was designed to de-emphasize online play and emphasize local multiplayer (as in, people in the same room playing off the same television, as a social event). Believing that the internet as a whole socially segregates us in general and makes us more distant towards one another.

Just the same, people prefer to play online to at least some degree.

In PSP2 Infinity, I spend most of my time offline--but I like to play online sometimes for the sake of Missions, Collecting weapons, and gauging the Equipment that the community at large uses, and finding out where I stack up as a player against other people.

That, and collecting Support Characters from other people is always fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweengo View Post
    Snide comment alert but to all you online players......welcome to my world muahahahah! I can't afford to play online let alone be bothered getting the resources to set it all up. As far as I'm concerened the increased reliance for online in games nowadays has ruined gaming. Lack of options.....inless you go online. Lack of decent multiplayer maps ect.....inless you go online. And there's an increase in the lack of split screen games that would obviously include the option if games weren't so over reliant with online stuff. All I can say is I sure am glad I don't have a PSP Go. I've played PSO GC and PSP 1 and 2 offline and I'm perfectly happy. At the end of the day I just want to play a game pure and simple.
    That's all fine and dandy and props to you and what not.

But for me, I like the social factor that online gaming brings. I met some of my best friends playing online. I'm not like one of those who thrive for the solo play. I mean sure it's fun.

And it's like hard to find someone to play who lives nearby. Like really hard .- .

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    I met some of my best friends playing online.
    ^I can vouch for this statement. All of the best people I've ever met in my life, I've met online. All of my (pretty much) best friends, I've never met in person. People need to give the social aspect of the internet more credit. Not everyone is a troll, flamebaiter, or idiot...

...just most.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/...ble-this-week/

...So we all get a free month of playstation plus and music unlimited, with as of yet undetermined additional things thrown in over the next couple weeks?

Damn, Sony...people sure underestimated your ability to kiss ass. .
    Last edited by Getsuga; May 1, 2011 at 01:55 AM.

"I
    vow upon these crimson Wings of The Vanguard to endure this pain...and move along with my memories of the slain."
    PSPo2 - Getsuga. - Challenge Rank : Elite. - Battle Rank: B.
    [ LVL 167 ] VAbeast. Weapon Collection: 80.13%.

You would too if your future investments nearly came to a halting close due to an error on your part.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    All of the best people I've ever met in my life, I've met online.
    For once I agree with you Mr Olaf. People ive met online are alot more fun than the ppl i've met in life. When ppl are hidden behind anonymity they show their true colours. Peeps in real life just seem so...fake to me
    Just let me put my arms around you.

I don't know personally for me I still love playing in the same room as somebody over playing on the internet.

It's still a blast to go over to somebodies house or invite them over and play in the same room while eating a bunch of junk food and chatting.

That and I also play games a bit with my family so it's all fun.

Beat Portal 2 co-op with my brother this passed week, it's was tons of fun and somehow it's easier to solves puzzles when you can physically point stuff on the screen to sort of work on figuring out some of the puzzles.