Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Right on. Hopefully the good news keeps rolling in.

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Well damn, my excitement for phantasy star online 2 just shot down to damn near rock bottom with the whole PC only thing. I really doubt my crappy radeon hd 4670 graphics card with only 3 gigs of ram because of xp would be enough to run pso2 on max settings, and I definitely don't see myself buying another pc/upgrading my current one just to play a single game. Then again, maybe the game would run alright on my PC...guess I'll just wait and see how this plays out.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogg View Post
    Well damn, my excitement for phantasy star online 2 just shot down to damn near rock bottom with the whole PC only thing. I really doubt my crappy radeon hd 4670 graphics card with only 3 gigs of ram because of xp would be enough to run pso2 on max settings, and I definitely don't see myself buying another pc/upgrading my current one just to play a single game. Then again, maybe the game would run alright on my PC...guess I'll just wait and see how this plays out.
    Who says you need to run on max settings in every game? Sheesh, sense of entitlement, much?

They spend all that time making the graphics as good as possible. Might as well enjoy them.

Also, your second sentence was uncalled for.

-Wayu

Angry Oldschool PSO vet. MadDogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Canard de Bain View Post
    Who says you need to run on max settings in every game? Sheesh, sense of entitlement, much?
    I wouldn't even have to worry about dumb ass graphics settings in the first place this game was on a console. Also, back when I played blue burst on my old pc, the game looked like absolute ass since I had no choice but to play on low back then, so I really don't want to go through that again (solid block flowen's sword anyone?). The reason I have my current PC is so that I could play both that and world of warcraft wotlk expansion on ultra settings at the time.

The way I see it, if I'm going to be playing pso 2 on a pc, then I could at least go for max settings instead of going through what I did with blue burst (it sucked even more since I was so used to playing episode 1 and 2 on both the cube' and xbox, it was like downgrading =/). I don't see how in the hell I have a sense of "entitlement" for wanting a game to look nice. You would think a dumb ass comment like that would be from a gamefaqs post, not here.
    (X360)Alkaid, Tear, Pudd'n, Mad Dogg retired from 360 PSU for good
    PSP2: Alkaid, lvl 42 beast hunter. "Its my duty to please that booty".

I wouldn't even have to worry about dumb ass graphics settings in the first place this game was on a console. Also, back when I played blue burst on my old pc, the game looked like absolute ass since I had no choice but to play on low back then, so I really don't want to go through that again (solid block flowen's sword anyone?). The reason I have my current PC is so that I could play both that and world of warcraft wotlk expansion on ultra settings at the time.

The way I see it, if I'm going to be playing pso 2 on a pc, then I could at least go for max settings instead of going through what I did with blue burst (it sucked even more since I was so used to playing episode 1 and 2 on both the cube' and xbox, it was like downgrading =/). I don't see how in the hell I have a sense of "entitlement" for wanting a game to look nice. You would think a dumb ass comment like that would be from a gamefaqs post, not here.
    There is a difference between wanting it looking 'nice' and wanting everything you could possibly have magically given to you, as if the game will make your hardware work 50000x faster.

Oi, both of you chill.

If I'm understanding you right, MagDogg, you want to play PSO2 on max settings, right? It might be easier to build your own desktop, although that will cost you roughly a thousand dollars for good gear, an HD screen, and your custom tower.

-Wayu

Unless you're talking about about a laptop card, the desktop HD4670 is a bit above the requirements for the alpha.
    Until PSO2 is released, no one will know if an HD4670 will be able to run at max settings or not, but, based on the alpha requirements, it will be able to run PSO2.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

So yeah he's in the clear for now.Plus Mad Dogg PSOBB was kinda a poorly optimized game,and I gotta run that shit on low setting's and that game is 10 years old.(I think you'll be ok.)
    Last edited by Corey Blue; May 5, 2011 at 09:49 AM.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    no one will know if an HD4670 will be able to run at max settings or not, but, based on the alpha requirements, it will be able to run PSO2.
    I hope so, I am kinda banking on this so me and my fiance can play together otherwise we will be fighting over my new rig -_-

PSOBB was the pinnacle of bad optimisation. I hope they have learnt a bit since then.

Playing PSP2i on PSP 6.39PRO-B6 (Online)

PSOW save games converted: 44. Conversion Service Ended.