Page 54 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pik View Post
    When does the alpha start up again? 12am PST?
    Yep, hoping for some tech footage of barta, Zonde, and Razonde tonight!

....that's the only instance? That's less of an imbalance and more of a reverse exploit.

Are these all issues that we are seeing pop up in the alpha test, or are you guys just arguing over what was wrong with an old game?

Quote Originally Posted by Serephim View Post
    ...because that hasn't happened since Dreamcast
    It happened in episodes 1 & 2 and Blue Burst as well. Online only on GC but it still happened in all versions of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulgereek Nookstain View Post
    4. MAGs and a stockpile of materials letting you equip ludicrously high-end equipment on a new character.
    You're still going on about this? I still don't see the problem with this.

Gent of Piss Bulgereek Nookstain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pik View Post
    Are these all issues that we are seeing pop up in the alpha test, or are you guys just arguing over what was wrong with an old game?
    The latter, because there is nothing new to discuss in way of the former.
    Last edited by Bulgereek Nookstain; Aug 23, 2011 at 12:05 AM.

The latter, because there is nothing new to discus in way of the former.
    ok cool, I was getting a little worried.

Can OP be updated with some videos? Going through 54 pages is kind of tough >_>;.
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

RAcasts in PSOBB would get chain-killed by the Episode 4 boss past a certain level. It was basically impossible to solo the boss as a high level RAcast. Also, I don't care about any version of the game other than BB, as it is clearly the definitive version.
    Oh, well like i said, that wouldn't be classified as an imbalance. It's just an unforseen downside. I'll get to that later.

What does this even mean?
    ....It means exactly what i typed. Take those reasons and DEDUCT (verb, to come to a conclusion based on some kind of reasoning) how they became problems. Since you don't understand, i'll try to do it for you.

1. Certain weapon specials. Most are completely worthless, while a few in particular are hilariously overpowered.

Which ones are overpowered, which ones are underpowered? Under what reasoning would you call them overpowered? An Instant-kill attack with a high success rate? Charge ability that takes Meseta to deal high damage? Do you believe those rates scaled the way they did on purpose? Normal - Vhard mode dont cover nearly as many levels as Ultimate mode -> Endgame -- you reach Ultimate mode at level 90-110, and then continue onwards to 200. Thats a minimum of 90 levels to attone for, whereas the others only had a maximum of 40. Perhaps that had something to do with it? And while you're bringing this up, i thought we were talking about CHARACTER imbalances, why are you bringing up weapon specials?...oh, unless it has something to do with it too? Ho ho ho.

2. Half the classes being redundant.

Also extremely vague. Which were redundant? WHY were they redundant? What made them that way, their design, their animations, their stats? Or was it OTHER classes that caused them to be this way?

3. Attack techs being grossly underpowered and/or causing damage cancel.

Once again, i dont remember attack techniques being called "weak" anywhere outside of Ultimate Mode. Why were they weak, was it due to an inadequate damage formula, or due to enemy resistances prorating the damage too badly with no way to make up for the loss?

And LOL @ damage cancel, ill just straight-up tell you that it wasn't intentional and probably couldn't have been avoided even if they wanted to at that time.

4. MAGs and a stockpile of materials letting you equip ludicrously high-end equipment on a new character.

This....isn't an imbalance, it's a feature of the game. If you have a huge stack of materials and a high-leveled mag, it's almost guaranteed that you have a high-leveled character on the server. Of course a lv 10 with a level 200 mag is going to outperform a character within their level range. It was allowed because nobody who's already spent so long playing the game wants to have to go through all the BS everytime they want to try a new class.

Blah blah blah, you get the point now. Well, if you don't, then you should.

No, it doesn't prove jack shit.
    Woah, hahaha, why u so serious bro?

Anyway, if you can reply with whatever logic or knowledge you have of all the problems with this game, and almost no matter what you say, i can ask you to state an underlying reason and you'd be able to reply with one. We would be doing this for pages and pages. If the purpose for me asking these questions eludes you, then...well, i guess you should just drop it, then. you seem to be getting hostile though, so we can stop now. No need to start another stupid argument so people can try and prove how "design savvy" they are by stating obvious observations.

I just wanted everyone bawwwing about it to know that you probably couldn't do any better if you were given the chance to fix these issues. Hindsight is 20/20.
    Last edited by Serephim; Aug 23, 2011 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolitron View Post
    Can OP be updated with some videos? Going through 54 pages is kind of tough >_>;.
    But then they're too easy to find and get taken down.

User CP>Edit Options>Thread Display Options >Number of Posts to Show Per Page>Show 50 Posts Per Page

Then there's only 11 pages. Scroll quickly to find youtube videos. CTRL+F 'http' to find links.

On-topic: Does anyone know of any streams that will be up when the Alpha starts tonight (PST)?

Quote Originally Posted by Dongra View Post
    You're still going on about this? I still don't see the problem with this.
    I don't see the problem either. It takes forever to stockpile that many materials and it's retarded to make a person grind through the early levels again because they want to create another character.

(Many MMOs even provide items to make leveling alternate characters faster. {See WoW w/ Heirloom items})
    Arkios
    49HU - 58TE - 25FO - 61RA - 44GU - 50BR - 46FI - 29BO