Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Diablo 3

Played it. Never got into it. One and Two that is.

I played it at the GC and it's pretty much like Diablo II. Just prettier. I guess I will get it.

I'd be cautious about declaring that "D3 is going to be 10 times better than PSU". The gameplay may or may not be good, but according to this article, it's going to be balanced around an RMT economy - Diablo 3's auction house will allow players to sell items for real money, with a "nominal fee" going to Blizzard for listing it.

And due to security concerns since real money is involved, Diablo 3 will be online-only, via battle.net, and D3 modding will be banned =(

I actually played D2 mods like Eastern Sun more than stock D2, so this was terrible news for me. That, and I have a feeling Blizzard's official support for RMT will have a negative impact on the online experience. In other games, a friend is a friend. In D3, I'm not sure if I'll be making friends or business partners.

For now, I'm striking Diablo 3 off my list of games to look out for. I hope GW2 and PSO2 live up to their hype though.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    I'd be cautious about declaring that "D3 is going to be 10 times better than PSU". The gameplay may or may not be good, but according to this article, it's going to be balanced around an RMT economy - Diablo 3's auction house will allow players to sell items for real money, with a "nominal fee" going to Blizzard for listing it.

And due to security concerns since real money is involved, Diablo 3 will be online-only, via battle.net, and D3 modding will be banned =(

I actually played D2 mods like Eastern Sun more than stock D2, so this was terrible news for me. That, and I have a feeling Blizzard's official support for RMT will have a negative impact on the online experience. In other games, a friend is a friend. In D3, I'm not sure if I'll be making friends or business partners.
    Honestly, I see this list as a list of perks, not flaws .
    www.xat.com/psp2 to chat about psp2 and to run with an english speaking psp2 community.

【JP PSPo2:i】 [FNewm Lvl83 FO11] [FDewm Lvl90 FO12] [FCast Lvl200 HU30 BR30] [FBeast Lvl198 HU30 BR 28]

Quote Originally Posted by Lolitron View Post
    Honestly, I see this list as a list of perks, not flaws .
    If it can fund someone's college allowance then yea, it's cool. But it still means Blizzard is dangling a pile of money in front of teenagers with raging hormones.

I just hope it doesn't lead to lawsuits that end up in legislation that places restrictions on other games, with regard to playing time, virtual property rights, ownership etc. In English terms, this means some black sheep in D3 might end up causing lawmakers to impose a stamina system on all games, or require age verification (See: China, Korea)

i'll give the game a try after seeing the reviews from both critics & the players first. i did
    enjoyed D2 and its cool cow's level. hopefully, D3 is good and better than D2.

but online-only? kind of not liking that. i was hoping it would be the same as D2 where
    offline and online characters were separated.

moo moo moo...

moo song.
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Xefi; Aug 24, 2011 at 09:48 AM.

++++++----------"." Xe's Sanctuary 09/28/2016----------- Youtube's profile "."----------++++++
    wallies edited: 4500_|_G.O.L.D.E.N_|_sigs created: 1055

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Blizzard running their own auction house is a good thing. RMT is already a reality, only in a decentralized black market. With Blizzard at the helm, there will actually be some measure of accountability. It also means they can root out nefarious activity and take action quickly since they will have a lot of visibility.

Of course, none of this precludes RMT outside of Blizzard.

Blizzard has continuously been the best at supporting their product, and regulating issues. They already have the reputation for it, so I think they'll pull it off well. The online thing seems a bit much, but they did something similar with Starcraft 2, already. Guess it will be the same system.