Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Probably. PSP2i matched your friend's characters to your character's level so I bet this would work similarly.
    Reason I asked is because I remember seeing videos of people running through Infinity missions with lv 200 characters after rebirthing to level up quickly. Although, I'm pretty sure they could probably do it on their own without partners...

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    Let the tears commence. It doesn't exist. It's caused so many problems...

With that said, all drops on the field are your own drops. A rare may drop for you but it may be a monomate for your teammate.

the drop potluck tradition of my people will be forgotten
    ラブ、アンド、ピース。
    -everything i type is completely serious and you should be offended no matter the content jaja-
    translated pre-OB skill trees link
    Ma name's Satoshi Sakai and I sell My room and My room accessories! Uh huh huh!

Quote Originally Posted by deldelight8 View Post

the drop potluck tradition of my people will be forgotten
    That is wrong in so many ways...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    Reason I asked is because I remember seeing videos of people running through Infinity missions with lv 200 characters after rebirthing to level up quickly. Although, I'm pretty sure they could probably do it on their own without partners...
    In Infinity, there are actually two different systems at work. You can invite your own characters in to your party as NPCs as well as your friend's characters. When you invite your own characters, they keep their level and equipment. Friend character's level and equipment scale to yours. In PSO2, there has been no mention of being able to invite your own characters in to the party so I don't think we have to worry about powerleveling in that manner.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

I really like the fact that you can use team member characters as NPCs. I wonder will it use their current stats or some kind of generic standard. Okay I'm wondering why you have to be a level 10 to even form a team?
    Last edited by moorebounce; Mar 30, 2012 at 09:02 AM.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    In Infinity, there are actually two different systems at work. You can invite your own characters in to your party as NPCs as well as your friend's characters. When you invite your own characters, they keep their level and equipment. Friend character's level and equipment scale to yours. In PSO2, there has been no mention of being able to invite your own characters in to the party so I don't think we have to worry about powerleveling in that manner.
    That would explain it...I was wondering why my friend's characters scaled to my level and my own characters didn't.

If My Rooms do end up being rentals, count me as one more person who'll have to reconsider actually getting rooms for my eventual characters. Would be a bit of a shame though. It'll be quite a problem for those of us with multiple characters either way, considering it seems to be on a per character basis.

I wonder if I can rent a big suite and have all my characters become roomies. ^_^

@Rizen, deldelight8: Is it just me, or is that a single teardrop running down the guy's right cheek? o_O

@moorebounce: It'll probably mirror Infinity, like Mike is saying.

@Mike: Edit, whoops, didn't read your reply carefully. My bad. I'm still curious to know if we'll be able to call on our own characters in addition to friend characters. That hasn't been confirmed yet, right? I kinda get not allowing us to invite our alts to prevent power leveling, but that would be a pity. No more narcissistic group photo shoots. ^_^ Might make me consider seriously making an extra account for a character important enough.
    Last edited by Crystal_Shard; Mar 30, 2012 at 09:13 AM.

Rooms better not be rentals or per character based. That would make the game a little lack luster then. I for one enjoyed just being in my room, chatting with others & planning what to do next. Seeing the videos is making me wonder just how much of the game will be cash shops besides what we know.

"EVEN IN PSO2, THE BURN MEANS IT STILL WORKING!!!"

Rooms are account & server based. All your characters on a server will share the same room.

I went back to the video and added some of the info I gleaned from it to the first post. Things like Arks Cash icons in the beauty shop and partner registration. Also, looking at the new options in the character menu there are things like "Whisper," "Good Job," and "Immitate." Whisper is obvious and so is immitate. I'm not sure why there needs to be a "good job" option though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    Augh, you DO need to spend money to have a room?

Uncool.
    Nope this is EXACTLY what they need to do. Do not make the gameplay Play to WIN, it ruins the progression of the game horribly.

Keep all CS aesthics and convenience items only and keep all CS items that affect gameplay out of the CS.

It destroys a game and lose people in the long run.