Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2633343536373839 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    How could they have announced the US release in a way that wouldn't have invited QQ? I suppose suggesting the servers will be linked would have done a world of good but they didn't. Get over it.
    If they had announced that US/EU would have synchronized updates with JP as well as full customer support, I'm pretty sure that a majority of the complaints would be silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizen View Post
    If they had announced that US/EU would have synchronized updates with JP as well as full customer support, I'm pretty sure that a majority of the complaints would be silenced.
    QFT. People here have been saying since day one that they want shared servers instead of a segregated GTFO area.

You can't really deny that there's at least a small grain of truth in there.

I personally dislike how everybody was bitching with pitch forks for a US release, and as soon as the US release was announced, it's the current order to just bitch about how the JP servers will be superior anyway. It's almost like people just love to cry and make their cynical opinions heard, all the time, no matter the topic, even if they have to be a devils advocate. How could they have announced the US release in a way that wouldn't have invited QQ? I suppose suggesting the servers will be linked would have done a world of good but they didn't. Get over it.
    While there are some that first begged for an english release and now complain about no global servers, I doubt the majority that wants to stick in the japanese servers begged for an english release before the announcement. In the end, different groups of people, different opinions.

Anyway, my own personal opinion about the english version, if I'll play in it or not, it will depend on first impressions, and so far the first impressions are not good, there's a lazily done english website and I'm seeing the start of stupid sounding localization (D-Arkers instead of Darkers?).

My decision to play or not play in the english servers will depend on how much content is available at launch, if there's a decent enough amount of content, I'll consider having a character in the english servers (while still playing mostly in the japanese servers for the newer content), but if the english version starts with the same content that the japanese version had at launch, there's no way I'm going to support the english version like that.

The only thing that would make me want to play in the english version while dropping the japanese version is a small update gap between versions (2 months maximum), SoA showing the players a long term schedule, and sticking to that schedule, with no or close to no delays.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Jul 15, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Quote Originally Posted by RocSage View Post
    July 4th being in the game is humorous as it is "The day the American Colonist started shooting at the British Army" which it is specifically for the game, and not any of the other possible things it could be. That's relevant to celebrate to who other than the USA?
    I am not 100% sure what you're getting at RocSage?

My point was that when you have more than one country populating a community that has seasonal updates/missions and localised item names etc is that for some people playing, some of those things will have absolutely no relevance. That does not mean that those people will not enjoy or be interested in those things.

So, to say that a regional event has no bearing outside of Japan, is no excuse to skip the content altogether, especially when some Japanese/Asian stuff is still included.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezodagrom View Post
    While there are some that first begged for an english release and now complain about no global servers, I doubt the majority that wants to stick in the japanese servers begged for an english release before the announcement. In the end, different groups of people, different opinions.

Anyway, my own personal opinion about the english version, if I'll play in it or not, it will depend on first impressions, and so far the first impressions are not good, there's a lazily done english website and I'm seeing the start of stupid sounding localization (D-Arkers instead of Darkers?).

My decision to play or not play in the english servers will depend on how much content is available at launch, if there's a decent enough amount of content, I'll consider having a character in the english servers (while still playing mostly in the japanese servers for the newer content), but if the english version starts with the same content that the japanese version had at launch, there's no way I'm going to support the english version like that.

The only thing that would make me want to play in the english version while dropping the japanese version is a small update gap between versions (2 months maximum), SoA showing the players a long term schedule, and sticking to that schedule, with no or close to no delays.
    I think that's a perfectly reasonable and logical way to look at it. I will end up on the EU/US servers in some capacity, mainly because I know that's where my friends will be.

I personally dislike how everybody was bitching with pitch forks for a US release, and as soon as the US release was announced, it's the current order to just bitch about how the JP servers will be superior anyway. It's almost like people just love to cry and make their cynical opinions heard, all the time, no matter the topic, even if they have to be a devils advocate. How could they have announced the US release in a way that wouldn't have invited QQ? I suppose suggesting the servers will be linked would have done a world of good but they didn't. Get over it.

Business as usual with Sega fans. I use to consider myself a Sega fan, but then I realized I wasn't as screwed up as most of them. If you look at most of their popular franchises, you'll see that same trend with the fans. I don't know what it is, but Sega tends to attract the whack jobs.

I gotta say though, PSO2 is making me pretty nostalgic. Not because of the game and its PSO'ness, but because it's been a long time since I've coveted a JP game and hoped it would be released state side. Feels like 1995, up in dis bich.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Quote Originally Posted by BusterNewman View Post
    The different laws/censorship thing doesn't wash with me. Different EU countries will have different laws to each other & will certainly have different laws to the US (as people have already stated).

Regarding the currency issue, is it really that hard to impliment a global currency system? Presumably they're going to have dollars, pounds and euros (at least) anyway?
    I can't say I'm an expert on the F2P game model, but if you are up on the news, South Korea just recently passed a law basically banning the F2P system (i.e. purchase of virtual goods using real money). I don't know how trendy this might become, but you know how lawmakers in the US are trying their hardest to make online transactions taxable. It's a big mess and each country is unique in their anal-retentiveness.

Censorship is also a big deal - the graphics in this game aren't a big deal to our eyes, but the gratuitous flappy boobs probably require at least a stupid T ESRB rating.

Regardless the world is a big mess of laws, and imo it's wise for Sega to see how well the game sustains in the country they know best before they reach out.

Ship02 RA40 - Artemis (Jey)

You can't really deny that there's at least a small grain of truth in there.

This is what I was saying before. SEGA is damned if they do and damned if they don't in regards to its fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post
    I can't say I'm an expert on the F2P game model, but if you are up on the news, South Korea just recently passed a law basically banning the F2P system (i.e. purchase of virtual goods using real money). I don't know how trendy this might become, but you know how lawmakers in the US are trying their hardest to make online transactions taxable. It's a big mess and each country is unique in their anal-retentiveness.

Censorship is also a big deal - the graphics in this game aren't a big deal to our eyes, but the gratuitous flappy boobs probably require at least a stupid T ESRB rating.

Regardless the world is a big mess of laws, and imo it's wise for Sega to see how well the game sustains in the country they know best before they reach out.
    I understand what you're saying, BUT if you read many ideas, an idea I hope Sega had, would be to just leave it in Japan in the first place, end of story. Leave it there, then those fans that want to venture into the Japanese world of gaming can do so at their own discretion, that to me still remains the most logical course of action, add languages of the countries that would possibly play, Japanese, English being the main two, none of this would even be a discussion, more money for them, more stabilization, etc. I just don't understand this seperation move, I've read someone saying that SOA wouldn't just stand by and let us by direct from SOJ and not want income, that's just horrible, they should focus on other games and this should've been a Japanese Project entirely. What would be great is if they scrapped the global servers and instead gave us an English translation patch date. That would be a dream wouldn't it?
    Last edited by Meevs; Jul 16, 2012 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeyKama View Post

I didn't know about Korea banning F2P game models, that's very interesting.

That was my point, each country has their different laws, different censorship standards/laws & different currencies. If they're going to have to adhere to those for 20-odd countries & have a multi-currency payment system, does it really make much difference adding Japan into that mix?

It just does not make sense to me that they would sever a player base again, when it didn't exactly work out well last time.

I like meevs idea and perhaps it would have been better in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosaka View Post
    So that confirms it, then? No global servers?

If so, good luck to those of us rolling characters in the NA version of the game. Sega of America's going to treat us reeeaaal nice, I'm sure.

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG
    Well if it takes close to 2 months for the first update like it did with PSU, which that game never recovered from(or got better), yeah the game is dead in the water.

But it still nice that it's coming over. I've been needing a new MMO/PSO game for years now.
    Miranda F Newman Fighter (PSO2: NG) Ship 2
    ~Past Characters~
    DC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 100 » 102 (Ver.2)
    GC PSO: Silhouette HUnewearl 161 :: Za'leshea FOnewearl 172
    PSU: Eternia F Beast FF15 Lvl142(PC) :: Elemia F Cast GM20 lvl174(360)