View Poll Results: Do you use Rods, Cards, or both?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rods

51 32.08%
  • Cards

37 23.27%
  • Both

71 44.65%
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast

Thread: Rod vs Card

Quote Originally Posted by jooozek View Post
    Cards are the last thing I'd use for recharging, their range is pretty short. That said I generally sport only a rod because I'm always in melee for the AoE and if you are using the single target techniques and want to keep distance then the cards [if you want to recharge PP] won't reach the enemy anyway.

The only reason I still want to use cards is PSE bursts but that card recalling is gimped. Now you know why speed is important for me, everything there is just so fast that being unable to recall a card instantly to shakeoff enemies within your melee range is pretty annoying.
    Card recalling is not gimped.

I'm making a video of how quickly I can go from casting on a deployed card, to recalling it and casting in proximity.

I'm sure you'll all just be dumbfounded.

I generally tend to use Talis over rods. The damage when I've compared the two isn't enough to make me want Rods over Talis. I love the fact that I can cast just about any skill from ANYWHERE. All it takes is practice. With a little aiming and proper timing nothing stands in your way. Along with doing this, I can focus entirely on the Offensive since I have quite a bit of distance from the enemy and this distance doesn't hurt from using support skills since the cards are rather easy to aim toward your party.
    Taking the gunslash into perspective, I see that as useless. My Talis does 3xs the amount of damage as a bullet and I get just as much PP back albeit a bit slower. And if it's for physical attack... well I would rather just keep a Rod out that does almost as much damage as the blade and still gives me access to all of my skills and not the terrible gunslash PAs that do NO damage for me. I feel gunslash are a rather weak choice until they come up with a hybrid class and I don't see the need to carry 3 different weapons for my class when I can just have 1 or 2.
    Face it. Your a force youre there to heal and deal massive magic damage not get physical and die. That being said it all comes down to style. Some people may excel with the Rod/Gunslash combo and not being able to do sheet with a Talis, while to others like myself the Talis just feels like the most natural choice when playing a Force.
    Precisely this.

This thread does not need seventeen pages of the same worn-out cookie-cutter arguements being tossed back and forth that were brought up in the first five pages..

It's obvious that the most optimal way to play is have both a rod and a talis to make up for when one of which would have a disadvantage in a certain situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakuri View Post
    Meh.

Talis and Rod are both easy as fuck to use (especially Talis, you can kite all day and do nothing else, "skill" or no skill), this game is easy, supporting is easy, albeit a bit more interesting in this game (though I don't do parties, at most I play with one other person and he doesn't get hit or need me to heal him anyway if he does, I Shifta us both, and we start wrecking shit).

This series has always favored offense as defense over defense being your actual best defense, so wanting the highest numbers is more logical. If you're playing with people who need seriously need a babysitter, tell them to not suck or pop a mate.

Killing faster in the majority of situations>throwing pretty sparkles and feeling like you're an accomplished and "skillful" player for learning the many, many intricate techniques involved in using and mastering a Talis.

There was never any "discussion" to be had here, just a bunch of train wreck tomfoolery as usual. No one will change their stance, "discussing" it is pointless, especially when most of it just boils down to bullet points, damage comparisons, and random situational shit that is just that: Situational shit.
    *giggles*

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    This thread does not need seventeen pages of the same worn-out cookie-cutter arguements being tossed back and forth that were brought up in the first five pages..

It's obvious that the most optimal way to play is have both a rod and a talis to make up for when one of which would have a disadvantage in a certain situation.
    That's been said already too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Well let's not forget it took me like 4 days to bother uploading the Cap'n Rockbear vids. I'd honestly be really interested if there's a trick to it that doesn't involve me taking my eyes off the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp-24 View Post
    Uploading one to YouTube now.

In other news. Here's the video

Last edited by Ketchup345; Jul 30, 2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: Removed unnecessary part of post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Welcome to the PSO-W forums! Enjoy your stay new guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EadtO...ature=youtu.be
    you missed every negative point we were discussing

#1: using jump cancel makes you lose first cast JA bonus, which affects anything that uses T-ATK(hi resta)

#2: the card will disappear after about 3 seconds unless you JA and release your techs ASAP. You should get 4-5 casts off 1 card before it's gone. THIS IS IRREGARDLESS OF IF YOU DO YOUR LITTLE CIRCLE THING OR NOT. your "cancel" has nothing to do with what you are doing and everything to do with what you are not doing, which is charging a tech longer to maximize the card's active time

I seriously don't see how this proves any of your points, and your little "technique" isn't even related to what's going on. I could understand if you were casting like, 1 tech then did your little circle because that would be a groundbreaking emergency option, but you still cast enough within the card's active window then it disappeared before you even sheathed....

Quote Originally Posted by Saotome Kaneda View Post
    you missed every negative point we were discussing

#1: using jump cancel makes you lose first cast JA bonus, which affects anything that uses T-ATK(hi resta)

#2: the card will disappear after about 3 seconds unless you JA and release your techs ASAP. You should get 4-5 casts off 1 card before it's gone. THIS IS IRREGARDLESS OF IF YOU DO YOUR LITTLE CIRCLE THING OR NOT. your "cancel" has nothing to do with what you are doing and everything to do with what you are not doing, which is charging a tech longer to maximize the card's active time

I seriously don't see how this proves any of your points, and your little "technique" isn't even related to what's going on. I could understand if you were casting like, 1 tech then did your little circle because that would be a groundbreaking emergency option, but you still cast enough within the card's active window then it disappeared before you even sheathed....
    I spoke directly to some of the arguments being made, actually, I'm sorry you're having trouble understanding a simple video.

Jump cancelling does not make you lose your first JA because you don't jump cancel when you're on the offense. It's a defensive/mobility move (mobility in the case of moving quicker after you're done recharging PP with its basic attack, or just in general...getting out of that slow animation). Why would you jump cancel before getting your JA anyway? I already said in the video, swinging the card just so you can jump cancel it makes no practical sense. The whole reason you jump cancel is to cancel the animation in the event you need to gtfo your current position (the animation locks you in place). It has no practical means to be used in terms of actually casting spells on enemies, because you can be mobile while charging spells anyway. What the heck is your point here? It's like a pointless point you're trying to make.

Also...your 2nd point really just speaks in favor of my argument that card recall time is a negligible point to make.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 30, 2012 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    Welcome to the PSO-W forums! Enjoy your stay new guy!

PSO2 Card Mechanics - YouTube
    I am dying.
    How can you be so clueless?