Page 42 of 333 FirstFirst ... 32394041424344455292142 ... LastLast

Wow. Just discovered that the ending lag of Dive Roll can be cancelled out of with mechgun Shift. Now I don't have to think "crap" whenever I accidentally roll.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

Is there any video of ZRA tests? People are telling me the range is much large than it really is and it's annoying. >_>

so what is the basic gunner tree skeleton? Max pp attack restore and aerial advance?
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Wyrm View Post
    so what is the basic gunner tree skeleton? Max pp attack restore and aerial advance?
    If you plan to be a boss killer....

The usual is get attack restore rate and chain finish at least.

I'd say just Attack PP Restorate and at least 1 in Chain Trigger. Everything else seems either meh or personal taste, as much as I advocate Aerial Advance.

HU-36 FI-48 RA-50 GU-50 FO-35 TE-36

any point in filling out chain trigger?
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Wyrm View Post
    any point in filling out chain trigger?
    I doubt it. It's a handy skill, but its applications are limited, and you can easily lose the chain if you're not careful or lucky. And sure, you do dish out significant damage even at a very low chain count, but that's doubtfully worth investing lots of SP into the decreased cooldown. But, then again, there's barely anything worth putting your SP into at all in Gunner's skill tree...

Anyway, unless you often use CT on big enemies, then I doubt there's any use in putting more SP into it, since most bosses are too mobile to be consistently chained at a breathtaking once-in-a-minute pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Coatl View Post
    Is there any video of ZRA tests? People are telling me the range is much large than it really is and it's annoying. >_>
    Apparently, ranged weapons get their attack power reduced as you move away from your enemy. For machineguns, that range is rather short, and, coincidentally, is the range that you would want to be at if your power didn't get cut. However, some people in this thread did some tests and stuff, and it turned out that Zero Range Advance does, in fact, multiply your guns' damage by a specified amount at zero range. So, those 2 damage modifiers are unrelated.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Dec 31, 2012 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Better than that, you can do DA->DA->Attack pretty much infinitely. The third melee in a double saber combo already gains around 30 PP, so with that skill it's around 60. Pretty great.
    Just found this out as well. My god....

You have to get Chain Trigger to 5 just to get to Chain Finish, which if you're looking for that real boss slayer effect is a must.

I personally wouldn't spend the SP on Aerial Advance since Elder Rebellion will kill most trash mobs mid PA and certainly will kill them with 2. if you have the gear and Attack PP Restorate, TMGs ruin most mobs. Aerial Advance only work on mobs that are airborne, so with things dying so quickly, the usefulness of this skill is dubious especially since it's completely useless vs bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by SociableTyrannosaur View Post
    You have to get Chain Trigger to 5 just to get to Chain Finish, which if you're looking for that real boss slayer effect is a must.

I personally wouldn't spend the SP on Aerial Advance since Elder Rebellion will kill most trash mobs mid PA and certainly will kill them with 2. if you have the gear and Attack PP Restorate, TMGs ruin most mobs. Aerial Advance only work on mobs that are airborne, so with things dying so quickly, the usefulness of this skill is dubious especially since it's completely useless vs bosses.
    Personally I put the rest of my SP after Attack Restore Rate and Chain Finish lv.10 into zero advance.

You may think a lot of bosses move around but there are many bosses whose weak point is deliciously exposed so easily.

Ragne with his core gives you ample time to trigger ZRA. When Zesh is down, his weak heart core exposes himself well.

Vardha core does a good job exposing. Even banther when it is on fire.. all you need is to activate Elder Rebellion's first shot with ZRA and then all 8 shots will have ZRA's effect, even if the enemy moves away.

Dark Falz Hand? You can literally hug it long enough to 20+ chain it then ZRA trigger it.

Dark Falz Himself? Get close to his exposed arm and ZRA it.

Its application may seem limited, but when the time arises, it exposes itself magnificently.