Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UnLucky View Post
    Yeah, ME ends when you touch the ground. Apparently it's always done that.
    Correct. This trick would have never existed in the beta(pre-CBT1 IIRC) days, since Sega "nerfed" ME so you fell during it rather than after it while airborne. But you could always ME onto a higher platform or an incline and it would land you.

This is easily done on pad as long as your fingers are nimble enough, and as someone already said it's just a quick jump and an almost immediate ME. If you're used to fighting games the timing will come almost naturally. But treat it like you're hitting jump then ME directly after.

I admit it's annoying when trying to do it on Vita, but if you're considered in the air and you're not already holding Circle, you will always perform your dash. My problem is usually the opposite, I prefer to be able to grab items while I'm jumping so I don't accidentally activate something. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Short Jump -> Mirage Escape. Pretty much impossible on controller/VITA. <_<
    Seems pretty easy to do it on the standard Xbox360 controller. Small tap on button to jump and press the button to Mirage Escape as quickly as you can.

I don't play on the Vita, so I can't comment on that. :|

Quote Originally Posted by Saotome Kaneda View Post
    Correct. This trick would have never existed in the beta(pre-CBT1 IIRC) days, since Sega "nerfed" ME so you fell during it rather than after it while airborne. But you could always ME onto a higher platform or an incline and it would land you.
    It's so you can't "fly" anywhere without losing height on successive dashes.

This is easily done on pad as long as your fingers are nimble enough, and as someone already said it's just a quick jump and an almost immediate ME. If you're used to fighting games the timing will come almost naturally. But treat it like you're hitting jump then ME directly after.
    Pretty much, it's just two buttons back to back. A->B, K->P, jump->block, jump->attack, jump->dash

Fighting games are easier for me because I have a stick + my thumb doesn't cover all buttons already... >:

It's so you can't "fly" anywhere without losing height on successive dashes.
    Yeah, I know all about that. Not exactly the point of my comment, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardios View Post
    Fighting games are easier for me because I have a stick + my thumb doesn't cover all buttons already... >:
    Nothing stopping you from playing this game on stick! (other than the lack of free camera via the 2nd analog and potentially the extra buttons if you have a 6 button face stick)

Instructional video:

Works on every terrain.
    Its jump+ dash (I set mine to C button).

The video mentions that timing is essential. I don't really think so.
    I found that I could do it easily if I press jump+dash without a directional key. Just got to be fast.

If you wanted to specify direction, you would have to press the directional key and release as soon as you press the jump button. Its hard doing it this way, and the distance is meh so I don't think its meant for fast transport. Maybe like a force-version of guard. :P

Edit:
    I just tried it on banther. It's pretty awesome! Never had to move away from its scratching distance.
    Last edited by holmwood; Mar 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Well, the later you dash, the longer it will last, so timing is everything.

Well, the later you dash, the longer it will last, so timing is everything.
    True True. I find that quickly pressing space bar and dash makes you hop which is kind of useless since you don't get any iframe...

Regardless of the cancel or not, I still jump then ME as TE.
    Because it ends earlier than when ME'ing from ground level.

Are you a ship 8 player? Want some friends to get started? Start with me! (CURRENTLY Busy with university )

Yeah, discovered this a while back by accident. Always hated how unnecessarily long Mirage Escape is, so I've been doing this trick a lot. Wish I knew about it sooner.