Page 15 of 213 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617182565115 ... LastLast

Is there supposed to be a freeze-you-in-the-campship-and-talk-to-you thingy after fighting super Falz? I got rooted to the spot and nothing ever appeared. After someone in the party removed me so I could get back to the lobby, I couldn't open my menu. I'm assuming this was the story patch, since nobody else had the same problem.

I had the same problem, cept it was when I got to lvl 54. My UI vanished and I was unable to move. So I switched over to the Vita and as soon as I logged on a message from Koffee appeared and everything was fine after. Switched back to the PC and the problem was gone. Seemed to have been the message from Koffee.

Is there any chance that the NPC event tablets will be translated outside of the story patch?
    For those who enjoy reading them but don't want to experience the negative effects known to come up when using the story patch.

Came across another black screen. It happened after getting Matter Board 10 from Xion and took a step after the cut scene. Again I loaded up the Vita to see what the scene that was causing the problem. It turned out to be another scene(different then the one I had trouble with a few posts ago) of npcs watching a concert of Kuna on the lobby screens.

Moved back to Utah. Goodbye, Japan... ; ;

Awesome job, you guys! My brothers are going to play now because of you!
    Aki on GC PSO, PS2 PSU: AotI, and PSP2i.

地獄へ行くの? お前が先だ!
    DC PSO veteran/The Original Duman

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Kasar View Post
    Came across another black screen. It happened after getting Matter Board 10 from Xion and took a step after the cut scene. Again I loaded up the Vita to see what the scene that was causing the problem. It turned out to be another scene(different then the one I had trouble with a few posts ago) of npcs watching a concert of Kuna on the lobby screens.
    I'm having the same problem. I can't shop or pick up client orders from that whole room unless I spend an hour or two to filecheck the whole story patch away (and if I do, I won't be able to read any dialogue in that scene).

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    but if anyone has any ideas on a better way to push this patch out, I'm all ears.
    I don't know how feasible this would be, but my older brother just reminded me of another way you could pull this off (provided everyone involved knew how to work it): an SVN server.

Like he was telling me, he had some Garrys Mod mods that had SVN servers (some of those could get pretty big depending on the type of mod), and all you had to do was trigger the update process (I only did this once, myself, so I'm not too familiar with the process; it may vary depending on the client used). The program would perform hash checks with the files on the server, and then download the updated files.

The main obstacles with doing this would be in setting up/running the server, teaching people how to download from it (the only particular client I know of is TortoiseSVN), and getting the initial download out into the wild, but if those obstacles can be overcome, that might be one of the more efficient ways to do it.

Depending on how torrents handle file conflicts (do they just overwrite the old version? (<-ideal in our case) do they download the new one and add some affix to the name? (<-not ideal in our case)) SVN could be a more efficient way of distributing the patch since all anonymous users would need to do is SVN Update every time changes have been made. As long as anonymous users can only checkout and update files and not commit files, then there should be few problems besides the initial "What am I doing, how does all this work?" problem. That problem is probably a big one though.

torrents will attempt to "repair" existing files. If the file can't be repaired, the client will just replace the existing one so it's the ideal case for you.

Aw, I black screen after the 10th story quest boss, just like with the idol cutscenes in the lobby.

Also MB10 C-4's event is untranslated!