Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

-accidental post-

sorry, the forums I double clicked post quick reply and I got the little emssage about posting times, I literally thought the forums were being wonky so I posted after the minute wait... just ignore this post,

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Eastwood View Post
    You know what I meant.

It's not just that you ran back and hid those words, it's that they were your actual thoughts. AND you bitched out on sayin' em! 8D

RACIST! >D
    I'm not sure how that makes me racist when I'm from Japan. I'm a halfie, given, but I did mean what I was originally going to say, but it's more comparable to the difference in calling someone a fat-ass or saying they need to work on their weight.

A person with the mind to avoid hateful conversation probably tries to go with B or neither.

This should be a clue to you that I'm at least aware of my forum etiquette and work on it sometimes. I don't think that's a bad thing.
    Last edited by Zipzo; Jul 28, 2013 at 07:10 PM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    I'm not sure how that makes me racist when I'm from Japan. I'm a halfie, given, but I did mean what I was originally going to say, but it's more comparable to the difference in calling someone a fat-ass or saying they need to work on their weight.

A person with the mind to avoid hateful conversation probably tries to go with B or neither.

This should be a clue to you that I'm at least aware of my forum etiquette and work on it sometimes. I don't think that's a bad thing.
    yeah okay...

RACIST.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

SFS/Nth Gen Interactive Rayokarna's Avatar

When I went to the Fukuoka PSO2 Fan meet up there tends to be a lot of good will from other Japanese players to be honest. They tried to speak English to me most of the time and the only thing they complained about was their inability to communicate most of the time (a.k.a not knowing English) so it was fun hanging out with them.

I think the community is just insecure about a lack of understanding on both ends. If anything they are more surprised by people outside Japan actually liking the game if anything so it's alright. They also tend to be happy if you attempt to speak to them in Japanese cause it's at least you're making an effort to step out of you're comfort zone (Which many Japanese people find a hard time doing).

All the Japanese I talk to don't care or think it's cool so far. My Japanese is good enough to communicate but I try to say sorry if I don't understand stuff. Or I copypasta it into googletranslate. I also have many Japanese friends on Skype who are great.

Mixae: Ship 2
    o(≧▼≦○〃パンチ

Basically, this entire foreign stuff feels pretty incomprehensible to me.

I mean think about it for a moment. At some point, Sakai basically gave hackers the opportunity to get all of us perma-banned from JP PSO2, us, aka the community quite a few of them have enjoyed tormenting for years. Here lied the chance of their lives to give a gigantic middle finger to thousands of people across the world and cause drama on these forums like never before...
    And they didn't do it.

Also by now, for almost a year we've been in this situation where japanese people can get any of us banned on a whim, we, the ones that invaded their game, made a block ours, are actively sucking at everything around them, are actively being unreasonably loud in their faces, can't even understand what they say to us and aren't trying anyway; so basically, they have every tool they need to get rid of any of us eyesores in an instant...
    And they aren't doing it.

So yeah. That's interesting but I fail to understand.

Also I'm aware the english community isn't like that. T'is for the joke. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayokarna View Post
    When I went to the Fukuoka PSO2 Fan meet up there tends to be a lot of good will from other Japanese players to be honest. They tried to speak English to me most of the time and the only thing they complained about was their inability to communicate most of the time (a.k.a not knowing English) so it was fun hanging out with them.

I think the community is just insecure about a lack of understanding on both ends. If anything they are more surprised by people outside Japan actually liking the game if anything so it's alright. They also tend to be happy if you attempt to speak to them in Japanese cause it's at least you're making an effort to step out of you're comfort zone (Which many Japanese people find a hard time doing).
    interesting to hear how some JP people feel, JP friend tells my whenever I try to speak to him in Japanese that I'm getting better and I tell him that back whenever he tries to speak English

So the storal of the morey is that to reduce international turmoil, we as Americans must learn to bring out the Weeaboo in YOU.

It's funny cause now a larger percent of my autowords are Japanese with「English translations」next to them. (Aside from me adding Nue/Remi's spellcards as skill words).

And I happen to have some friends who are all like L0L weeaboo otakus want to eat Nyanners ***** chocolate sundae googirls kawaii naruto desu!

But that's another community entirely, it's pretty neat to see humans go to such lengths to break the limits of the spread of data between each other.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

i've only skimmed the thread so i may be a bit out of context but i think it's a bit dangerous to put an entire country under one ideological umbrella. I've met some parties that have shied away from me based on as simple of a greeting as "hello" but the vast majority have not cared in the least and once in awhile you'll run into someone who really wants to make the effort to get to speak to you in english. It's humbling really.

our sample size in this game is relatively small, that means that as individual players we have a lot of weight on how we get precieved. We're ambassadors, and in the grand scheme of things nobody probably really gives a damn.

just my experience.

ps: i tend to not really talk a lot when i play that may have something to do with it.
    "A good job is a constant pileup of many much simpler tasks being done well."

Quote Originally Posted by Blundy View Post
    ps: i tend to not really talk a lot when i play that may have something to do with it.
    During party play I don't talk and play at the same time either never liked that lol so I feel ya there.

Sig by Gama