Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So FI Buffs

i take a lot of risks when i play melee and i must say the invince frames on BS are freaking huge.

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

The only thing I really really want out of the combat in this game right now (besides less appalling hitboxes) is indicators for invincibility frames because moves like BS and MT have obvious gaps in their invincibility but it's just really vague as to where and having visuals show that would help tremendously with dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    Raging Waltz after gear boost

http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm/c/2710351
    I am curious what your damage was before the gear boost.

18k seems pretty..... crazy.

Reading this thread kind of proves how many people on PSOW like to act as if they know what they're talking about, when they obviously have no fucking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    T. Daggers: Can't calculate damage increase yet but Bloody Sarabande is really powerful. Too bad damage buffs can't fix T. Daggers shitty mobbing capabilities or the fact that its aerial combat is still instantly ruined once something floats out of range (unless you seriously think spending PP every time to get back in range is a good idea), but for the situations where it fits the bill (and BS is really quite good and hitting clusters) it's actually a reasonable choice now.
    TDs became Fighter's best mobbing weapon when Sarabande was introduced. All the buff did was make it even better.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalDude View Post
    Heh, I realized that after I posted it, but I feel that HU weapons do it so much faster and grant far better mobility in the process. Like I said, T. Daggers are very much damage viable now, it's just that their functionality still needs a lot of work to really feel great. They need a free movement option like GU has with the flip along with a very cheap and fast PA that really puts them in close without wasting too much time or requiring you to then readjust your height.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Massamix3.0 View Post
    Knuckles are now viable. Enjoy Fighters.
    >implying knucks weren't viable before, especially when Backhand Smash came around

gg, people acting like they actually play Fighter.

Knuckles were viable for all the wrong reasons. Straight Charge gave them an excessive amount of AOE (yes really) because hitstop was so ridiculously high. Flash Thousand basically didn't have hitstop at all. Surprise Knuckle was only 3 hits, so hitstop wasn't much of a concern. These were either bugs or later additions, leaving the list of original moves pretty much awful.

But, even those moves had their glaring flaws, such as knocking enemies out of their own hit ranges just for being used "correctly" (or more specifically, being used how the devs clearly intended), straight charge was clearly meant to actually pass through groups but never actually did, etc.

Pendulum Roll didn't hit hard enough for how long the animation was. None of the launch moves actually hit hard enough for how long their animations were. Ducking Blow, Straight Upper, etc. may have looked like they hit hard, but when you put those moves next to the likes of AB (either one, lol) or any number of moves on other weapons knuckles looked downright pathetic.

Expecting players to grind up a powerful set of knuckles for those kinds of incredibly specific situations, when other weapons match or even outperform them at the same job while doing plenty of other things with a longer list of viable moves, is a joke of game design. At present weapons sell their worth based on the variety of tasks they can handle, and knuckles were advertising essentially one: Mediocre point blank single-target damage without even having just guard, only a very brief and unintuitive dodge that can cancel most moves.

Backhand Smash was the same kind of treatment as Bloody Sarabande was to daggers, except BHS actually fit the role of knuckles unlike BS which would honestly have been more fitting on double sabers.

Quote Originally Posted by KuroKanden View Post
    With the recent addition of Bloody sarabande , it has rendered TD to be the to-go weapon for FI for me. The skill itself is rather powerful for a PA that costs only 30 PP, that and given the ability to dash there is really of little reason to use DS now apart from the burst. It's just like how Swords suddenly skyrocketed in usage after they released Overend. Same goes for Backhand Smash, this skill is INCREDIBLE burst, just hard to connect .. but this can be very rewarding in scenarios like arms.

What makes me wonder is, it took SEGA all this time to address the issues on knuckles hitlag. lol
    Overend is overrated, takes too long to actually do damage and can't be dodged out of it unlike speed rain, the best hunter PA. It is great when timed right or enemies stunned, but is situational but it's great it has the range and can knock down fliers... when they aren't in an attack animation -_-

Quote Originally Posted by AgemFrostMage View Post
    Overend is overrated, takes too long to actually do damage and can't be dodged out of it unlike speed rain, the best hunter PA. It is great when timed right or enemies stunned, but is situational but it's great it has the range and can knock down fliers... when they aren't in an attack animation -_-
    You are either level 25, a player that cannot properly judge when to use which attack, or an elaborate troll.

I'm level 60, and Over End really is overrated.

Although Speed Rain being the best Hunter PA… wut?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitoshi View Post
    I am curious what your damage was before the gear boost.

18k seems pretty..... crazy.
    ~12k was before

Quote Originally Posted by gigawuts View Post
    Knuckles were viable for all the wrong reasons. Straight Charge gave them an excessive amount of AOE (yes really) because hitstop was so ridiculously high. Flash Thousand basically didn't have hitstop at all. Surprise Knuckle was only 3 hits, so hitstop wasn't much of a concern. These were either bugs or later additions, leaving the list of original moves pretty much awful.

But, even those moves had their glaring flaws, such as knocking enemies out of their own hit ranges just for being used "correctly" (or more specifically, being used how the devs clearly intended), straight charge was clearly meant to actually pass through groups but never actually did, etc.

Pendulum Roll didn't hit hard enough for how long the animation was. None of the launch moves actually hit hard enough for how long their animations were. Ducking Blow, Straight Upper, etc. may have looked like they hit hard, but when you put those moves next to the likes of AB (either one, lol) or any number of moves on other weapons knuckles looked downright pathetic.

Expecting players to grind up a powerful set of knuckles for those kinds of incredibly specific situations, when other weapons match or even outperform them at the same job while doing plenty of other things with a longer list of viable moves, is a joke of game design. At present weapons sell their worth based on the variety of tasks they can handle, and knuckles were advertising essentially one: Mediocre point blank single-target damage without even having just guard, only a very brief and unintuitive dodge that can cancel most moves.

Backhand Smash was the same kind of treatment as Bloody Sarabande was to daggers, except BHS actually fit the role of knuckles unlike BS which would honestly have been more fitting on double sabers.
    "erases comment"
    Okay you know what, I'll leave that one to someone else. But your post makes me wonder just how much you've really been using knuckles.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    ~12k was before
    Well, look who's going back to the testing grounds.