Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Handful of questions regarding connection and the related.

I tried surfing a lot of the threads to see what the deal is regarding my inability to connect (my ISP is Cox, if it helps), but I don't get a lot of the jargon they use, so I was hoping someone could dumb it down and answer a couple questions for me regarding connection, and some other things.

1. Is there any chance that sometime in the reasonably-near future, I'll be able to just get back into the game, without needing a VPN or some other form of special measure?

2. Has anyone tried to contact Cox, and had any sort of luck finding out what's wrong or when they can do something?

3. Is it possible the problem could be with me, and if it is, what can I try?

4. On an unrelated note, do I need to log in to get the compensation from the DDoS, and if I do, when is the window to get it, and when does it expire if left unclaimed?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being ignorant.
    Ship02: Ur - The Sufferer

We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right!

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessHero View Post
    I tried surfing a lot of the threads to see what the deal is regarding my inability to connect (my ISP is Cox, if it helps), but I don't get a lot of the jargon they use, so I was hoping someone could dumb it down and answer a couple questions for me regarding connection, and some other things.

1. Is there any chance that sometime in the reasonably-near future, I'll be able to just get back into the game, without needing a VPN or some other form of special measure?

2. Has anyone tried to contact Cox, and had any sort of luck finding out what's wrong or when they can do something?

3. Is it possible the problem could be with me, and if it is, what can I try?

4. On an unrelated note, do I need to log in to get the compensation from the DDoS, and if I do, when is the window to get it, and when does it expire if left unclaimed?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for being ignorant.
    1. That is possible, but there is no set schedule for that.

2. There might be on this forum, 4ch or reddit, but the best gurantee is to contact them yourself.

3. Not really, what you can do is to run a tracert to pso2.jp and the ship server, save that, and use that to contact your ISP, and get them to do something.

4. Last day is 07/15, after that it's gone.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Ehh... I was hoping to avoid having to contact them myself. Not that I'm lazy, just... painfully shy. Though I did try a tracert and, while I don't understand it, like I said, all I know is that it timed out after it reached number three of whatever it was doing.
    But... At any rate, thanks. That helps a lot.
    Ship02: Ur - The Sufferer

We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong! We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    1. That is possible, but there is no set schedule for that.
    indeed ><
    for example, i did lose access to the game after maint but then at a random time i tried to login n i was able to (`・ω・´). altho now its back to off 〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ...
    plus. i didnt really do anything ⊙﹏⊙
    Last edited by Faranth; Jul 3, 2014 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HopelessHero View Post
    Ehh... I was hoping to avoid having to contact them myself. Not that I'm lazy, just... painfully shy. Though I did try a tracert and, while I don't understand it, like I said, all I know is that it timed out after it reached number three of whatever it was doing.
    But... At any rate, thanks. That helps a lot.
    You can try online chat, if your ISP support that or email contact, if you don't want to speak to someone. writting letter is another option.

Screenshot dump
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

After performing the tracert where do you fine the record or do you just screen/copypaste?

Looks like my connections didn't even get to go anywhere after the modem

1 <1ms <1ms <1ms 192.168.1.xxx
    2 * * * timed out for the next 29 attempt

Yeah someone has already contacted Cox, I don't have the sauce right now but it said something about the backbone having pso2 blacklisted and eventually it'll clear up on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Houten View Post
    After performing the tracert where do you fine the record or do you just screen/copypaste?

not sure if i got your question right but....
    as far as ik there isnt a record kept
    only way is indeed... right click on the window~ go to Edit ~ select all ~ copy n bingo (or take a SS) (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

hope thats what u wanted to know (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ
    Last edited by Faranth; Jul 3, 2014 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Houten View Post

Type that in the command promt, it'll make a txt file of th e tracert in t he C: drive.
    tracert pso2.jp > c:\pso2trace.txt

Screenshot dump

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Type that in the command promt, it'll make a txt file of th e tracert in t he C: drive.
    tracert pso2.jp > c:\pso2trace.txt
    a.. there is also that way... my bad (*/∇\*)